November 26, 2014 | 1650 users online

Treatments (Face) - Trader Joe's - Vitamin E Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS OIL!! I use it to take off my eye makeup and than follow up with a regular cleanser every night. Usually, I can't put any type of oil near my eyes or my eyes will get super puffy and swollen, but I've had no problems with this. The thing I love about this oil the most is that since I've been using it, my eyelashes have grown longer and thicker. When I apply mascara, it emphasizes my "new" lashes and I'm always amazed. I love this stuff and hope they won't discontinue this. I'll buy it for as long as I live!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Retin-A Micros 3x/week and although I have been using for several years, this winter, my face really got flaky and dry. I also use a moisturizer (cetaphil) over the RAM when I use it, per derm's recommendation. Regardless, the flakies continued. So, I grabbed a bottle of this and put a few drops on my face (on off RAM days), then my usual moisturizer (Arbonne RE-9) and totally helped. No more dry patches and scaly spots. But no blemishes either. Love it and will always keep on hand. Sounds like there are a lot of other uses I can consider!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Very interesting. I've been using this on my face for the past 4 days and I haven;t broken out, gained any new spots and it moisturizes pretty well BUT I have to add that I mixed the last few drops of sweet orange oil/ Rosemary oil into it so it's not really 'pure' any more. I don;t like that it contains coconut oil which always breaks me out and when put on my body seems to make me smell sweaty after a few hours for no reason. But so far on my face so far so good.
1 WEEK UPDATE I added more Rosemary essential oil to it, about 30 drops and now it's even better. I don;t break out and I use this instead of Cetaphil in the daytime on my face under my make up and a run 3 drops through my hair. The scent of the rosemary fades pretty fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Tsumaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Soooo~ I think I have just found a super duper awesome dimethicone free hair treatment O_O... What I do is mix about half of this stuff and the other half with some water (a little less depending on how much moisture you need) and WHAM! HG hair product! (I put it in an empty travel pray bottle now btws) It makes mah hair sooo smooth and shiny and gorgeous and ...omg I lub it. XD P.S. DO NOT PUT ON FACE!!! Clogs pores....(personal experience TToTT)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 3:22:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

nothing fancy here! just soybean oil, coconut oil, and vitamin E. every now and then between Santa Ana winds and retin-a use my skin gets super dry (especially around my lips) and no matter how much moisturizer I put on it just doesn't help. so I have to use oil and then layer moisturizer on top of it to really fix it. I also use these every night over my Devita Under Eye Repair Serum since the skin around my eyes seems to dry out quicker than the skin on the rest of my face. I found that I really liked the lightness of Monoi oil for this, but was a little worried the scent might bother my skin. So I wanted something with coconut oil in it, and that's what I got with this. the balance between the coconut oil (which is very light) and soybean oil (which is almost as heavy as avocado oil) and vitamin E works very well. it doesn't absorb into my skin as quickly as pure coconut oil, but that's to be expected. thankfully none of the ingredients break me out, but they moisturize well. it was I think $5 for a 2oz bottle, so it's about average in price w/ other Vit. E oils I've tried.