April 24, 2014 | 1845 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - Rose Velvet Hand Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

L'Occitane is still my #1 hand cream but Im not particularly a big fan of the rose. Its quite strong & lingers for far too long for my liking but thats just regarding the smell so when I say I would not buy this product again, Im referring to just the ROSE version.

The cream itself is world class best. The smallest drop is sufficient to nourish for hours & I love that this cream leaves no greasy residue on the hands.

As I said, L'Occitane is my favourite hand cream of all but I do prefer the Almond Milk version to this one. Highly recommended if you love Rose, highly recommended if you looking for an outstanding product. Its pricey but its worth every dime.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by 05lawjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This handcream smells like a real rose and it is lightweight that you could take half a penny size and it would be enough for your whole hand. It has a subtle rose smell that lasts for awhile. The new containers lets you rotate the head to close on and off and is made out of plastic. It is pricey, for 75ml it is $23 CAD while The Body Shop Rose handcream is $10 CAD for 100ml. The difference between the two is l'Occitane is lighter and not as greasy as Body Shop, basically a luxurious handcream of the two.

What I liked the most about this contained is that you could remove the cap/head and you could refill it and carry it around your purse. Up to you what you want to refill with of course ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Kayraven

I got this as a gift and I am entirely in love with it! I hate greasy hand creams that take centuries to absorb and then you leave greasy prints everywhere if you don't wait. It is a waste of product to wipe it off.
This is very lightweight, absorbs immediately, has a beautiful cream-gel texture and quite runny so you don't need to use a lot so the tube lasts longer.
It is best for daytime or mornings because it provides enough moisture but does not take a lot of time to absorb so you can just massage it in and carry on doing whatever you need. It leaves the hands silky and smooth feeling comfortable and moisturized. The smell is divine and beautiful, subtle enough not to be overpowering, but strong enough to last on your hands that would smell like roses. I would not use this overnight since it is not rich enough, but if you do not need much moisture, then go with it.
All of L'Occitane creams come in a metal squeeze-tube which I find very convenient and just great to carry around. They have different sizes for home and travel versions. I am not going to purchase this since L'Occitane does animal testing and there are cheaper cruelty-free alternatives available.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Anon00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very dry hands. This cream absorbs into my skin very nicely and quickly. It's not greasy and keeps my hands so smooth. The scent is not overpowering, but just subtle enough and light. Very easy to carry around.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by linhgaga

Someone gave me as a gift and I'm totally in love with it now! With great creamy (but not heavy) texture, lovely smell, quick absorption, can't really ask for more :) My hands feel extra smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Only used this a few times but so far I adore it! THE BEST HAND CREAM HANDS DOWN ABOVE NIVEA AND SOAP AND GLORY.The smell is beautiful, a floral rose scent, which isn't too strong just light enough. It sinks into skin instantly and makes them supply and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

GOSH!!!! I love this hand cream so muccccchhhhhhh!!!! I rarely use hand cream cause I thought using a body lotion is well enough to my skin,but I'm totaly wrong.my body skin is scaley , very dry and my hand skin is crazy dry, especially near my fingers.usually it looks horrible, very dryyyy!!! But when my friend gave me this hand cream,oh my God, suddenly my hand skin looks even,flawless and healthy.not crack anymore.the scent is very very good.smeellls nicccccceee!!! I love rose scent after using this product.I know it's pricey,but worth it,so I might purchase it later after my first tube run out.the packaging is so luxurious yet fancy and compact ! Esp.for the mini travel size is very cute!
Well . One word for this product :
AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by canadabanada

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this hand cream. Really wonderful rose scent. Smells natural to me . I love the silky clean feel it leaves on my hands and the scents lasts for a long time. I just cracked open my tube 3 days ago and am already shopping online for a backup. Definitely will be a regular item in my purse

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by lilywolf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Generally I love L'Occitane, but this hand cream didn't do the trick for me. Smells very harsh, I hated it on my hands, because it just filled the room with some artificial rose scent. I can see it in the ingredients, that there is Rosa Damascena Flower Oil in it, but I don't think this strong scent is anything natural. Doesn't feel like it. I am very disappointed.
As a hand cream it is not moisturising enough for me, but strangely it is very thick, took forever to sink in. I sum, I did not like this hand cream at all. The simple shea butter hand cream from L'Occitane is much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a wonderful hand cream. It smells very fresh, reminds me of my favourite rosewater fragrances. Such a fresh scent coming out of the tube. A small amount is good enough for both hands and it feels very creamy. And yes, while it is creamy, it is in no way greasy. After less than a minute of massaging my hands with it, it seems almost completely absorbed.