November 24, 2014 | 2001 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Wear Quad - Emerald Isle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the combo of colors in this quad. The shades of green blend together seamlessly, with no stripes. This gives an overall smokey green look. Even the brightest green shade isn't too garish when you put it on. The pigmentation is medium, and not as deep as you might think from looking at the package, but still deep enough to give a smokey green eye. I dislike the packaging because its rounded at the top, so this doesn't stack well. I don't know why companies think its a good idea to make rounded tops. The lid also feels a bit cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by blahbee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pretty disappointed with this, other than the highlight colour, there was BARELY any pigmentation with the other 3 colours. Which is a shame since I love the colours! I even rubbed my finger on the crease colour and barely got anything on my finger.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by esquexox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unlike many other reviews, I found these colours to be fairly well pigmented and they are so easy to apply.

I use the browbone colour in the inner corner of my eyes to brighten them up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was quite disappointed in this quad. I had the Chai latte one which was wonderful and I use it all the time, so I had high expectations for this one. The colors look very pretty in the pallet, but that's where the good ends. There doesn't seem to be any pigmentation in any of the shadows. They don't apply very smoothly either very chalky. I think I may have paid 5$ CDN for this, and I think I overpaid for it. I've seen much better quality with NYC or Wet N Wild eyeshadows. I wouldn't say that I'm totally turned off by Maybelline quads since I had good luck with the Chai latte one, but I really think it's hit or miss with them in general. So I imagine I will try out other quads, but this one really didn't meet my expectations.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by booboo27

i have dark brown eyes. golden medium skin... and if i have to bring only another palette (one would be for neutrals of course) with me on a vacation, this would definitely be IT! the highlight color is useless but the others are definitely gorgeous... love the pigmentation. shadows are finely milled, no more chalky powdery textures. no fallouts,
my favorite would have to by the FOREST GREEN color on the upper right hand corner of the quad... it is so pretty,,

---the lid color which is the light green one great for diffusing the harsh lines of the darker ones. love this color on the inner corner of my lid
-- the darkest color is great for the smoky green look... also great as a lid color on top of the forest green for more vibrancy.. you just have to try it. this quad is a great replacement for the old "black" smokey eye look. great both for daytime and nightime... *hearts*

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I am always on the hunt for the perfect greens, and while I like the colors, the quality is off. They aren't as smooth as some of my other d/s shadows, and the packaging is cheap mine broke right away. I still use this once in awhile, mainly the highlight color, but I wont repurchase and I will continue looking for better quality greens.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is probably one of my favorite eyeshadow kits. The colors, with the exception of the crease color, which just looks kinda garish on me, are great. The brow bone color is a perfect highlighter color on my skin tone, a vanilla-banana shimmer. I use it all the time and it looks shimmery but subtle enough for work. The lid color is a gold-green mixture that I think is very pretty. It gives enough color to go beyond a neutral eye. The crease color is very green. You might or might not hate this. The outer corner color is great to use a liner, as well. Its a dark golden-brown. I think it is particularly flattering for fall and winter. I am happy with the texture and consistency of these colors, though the lasting power could be a little better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by RandomGreenElephant

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought Emerald Isle 4 days ago in Walmart. I never tried any green / gold eyeshadow before, so I was a bit nervous. It turns out, I love this product. It is even great for my extremely sensitive eyes. I tried every look on the back so far, and my favourite would have to be the "Dramatic". On my eyelids (I have oily skin), surprisingly, it doesn't start creasing until after about 10 hours, which is pretty good. Great price, I picked mine up for $5.95 (Canadian). Although the packaging could have been better, I still love it. I would totally buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Gabriel679

There's a reason why they are so cheap! boo!

I absolutely do not like these shadows - they crease with or without a shadow base, are really dusty, don't have much pigment and fade and wear off within 4 hours.

I will say that the brand has some really pretty looking color combinations, but the shadow was so poor quality that I wouldn't repurchase nor would I recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by merocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I loved all the colours in Emerald Isle, especially the outer corner color. The eyeshadows do stay long and are highly pigmented as well. Maybelliene is quite affordable and gives value for money.