Aphogee Balancing Conditioner

3.4

on 5/1/2014 2:12:00 AM

I use this after the protein treatment because I want to follow the instructions exactly but they need to reformulate this without the mineral oil. I usually leave it on for one hour with heat or several hours without and my hair is easy to comb through and shiny but that could be the silicones...It is ok to use it once a month or whenever I do the protein treatment but they really really need to remove that mineral oil.

I started using this with their leave-in conditioner and my fine, dry hair probably has never looked better. (I also use their Aphogee Treatment protein.)

This balancing conditioner doesn't feel super-slick but my hair looks great with it and is shiny. I had been using Fekkai moisture pack, will probably alternate with this.

on 8/18/2011 11:36:00 AM

The reason I purchased this balancing conditioner was to use along with the Aphogee protein treatment. I like that it contains glycerin, phytantriol and silk amino acids. But why does it contain mineral oil as the 5th ingredient? It does leave my hair moisturized but I can feel a film on my hair. And as the day goes on, my hair starts to look and feel greasy.

on 7/14/2011 3:00:00 AM

Not your typical conditioner. I like super richconditioners but not on my scalp cause my hair gets greasy easily. So... I use this one on my scalp and roots and another conditioner on the ends (richer). It is wonderful for oily hair.

on 6/28/2011 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is the worst conditioner i have ever used. It didnt help untagle my hair and the worst part was that it contains mineral oil which clogs up the pores in your hair which is unhealthy and it doesnt moisturize your hair at all. I really dont reccommend this.

on 5/22/2011 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This bottle that I have should last a while, should I need to do another protein treatment anytime soon. I'm not exactly writing home about this conditioner because upon using it I still felt the need to deep condition. I could feel any difference as far as moisture after I used the 2 step protein treatment and then this product. I thought the balancer(?) would restore some moisture to my hair.

on 6/11/2010 10:17:00 PM

This a great conditioner. I like this brand. A pro Hair colorist told me once that your hair products should have a good ph. For example your shampoo should be formulated to be used on your face. I know I wouldn't wash my face with Pantene. :)

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

The only reason why I used this conditioner was it is a vital step when using Aphogee's Two-Step Program - which I abandoned using in early 2009 since the smell of this treatment literally made me loose my cookies to put it politely. However, I did not like the way this conditioner made my hair feel dry and tangled so I went back to my beloved Nexxus shampoo and conditioner and I have never looked back.

on 3/3/2009 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use this product because it is the recommended product to be used after the Aphogee Protein Treatment. It's okay. However, I do wish that it was more deeply hydrating than what it actually is. Nevertheless, as long as I do continue to use the Aphogee Protein Treatment in my hair, I will plan to always follow it up with the Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer.

on 10/6/2008 8:38:00 AM

I bought this product along with the Two-Step Treatment as it was recommended. The conditioner feels strange on application but maybe that is because I'm used to conditioners that contain silicone and they feel much smoother and really untangle my hair, plus I find it a pain that it needs to be left on for 5minutes!

The Balancing Conditioner doesn't untangle my hair so it's a bit of a pain when it comes to combing my hair out for drying. When dry my hair feels good though and it makes my scalp feel too itchy (I have psoriasis) plus it smells nice and fresh.

I think there are better conditioners out there but it is good.