April 18, 2014 | 961 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Rose Bar Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by CuteMo

I like all of the scents that these come in; I find it calms my eczema (or at least it doesn't irritate it), and I end up having to use less moisturizer. The scents are fairly mild, but I wish there were more to choose from! I've tried other natural soaps from several different companies which work ok short term, but I always end up coming back to these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great find. This soap leaves you squeaky clean and its organic. I wish the rose scent was a bit stronger but I like that I can use it on my privates without worrying about irritation. Will try the lavender next. Unique packaging, wonderful lathering.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have not used a bar soap since..I was a little kid. =p So I wanted to give this a try. The bar is a decent size and seems to be lasting me foreverrr which is nice. This has a very light rosey scent that is not overpowering nor does it linger, however I took a lippie off because for the first month whenever I showered with this I'd get this very pungent after scent I can't quite describe? =/ It was just unpleasant, eventually it subsided so all was fine. This is by no means moisturizing but that is not surprising for a bar soap, that is what body lotions can be for after all. This gets me squeaky clean which I like. But I am unsure if I'd repurchase just because I love using different things, especially bath and body products. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by shortea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I enjoy using this soap, for body mostly not particularly on my face - the bar is 'hard' like it is french milled ? It's great when you can score these 2 for $5.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by NarnianLady

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The scent is rose-y at first, but at least in my case, turned into a plasticky artificial kind of smell towards the end. The cleansing power is effective, yet gentle, as should be the case with any natural bar soap. Quality ingredients, but the smell was too much. No repurchase scenario with this item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

It's a high quality castille bar soap with a light, pleasant rose fragrance.
Not too fancy, just reliable. It lasts forever, so I suspect it is hard milled. It's a staple in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I saw this recommended on the Makeup Board for cleaning brushes and it does an Awesome job. I was using Cleansing Oil to get my white hair brushes white again, Now quick and easy everything gets clean and all the color is removed from all of my brushes.

So then I started using on my face at night to remove my face makeup (not eyes, burns). Sometimes I use ColorStay so it's a PITA to completely remove, not with Dr. Bronner's it's gone. Also when you rinse your washcloth after taking everything off, the washcloth is completely clean. I do follow up with my cream cleanser to remove eye makeup and a quick all over clean up.

UPDATE (01/01/2011) I stopped using this to wash my face, it was drying my skin to much for the winter. I've since changed my foundation to one that's easy to remove. So I will continue using this for only my weekly brush cleaning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A really lovely rose soap that is gentle on skin, effective and safe for us and our environment! This smells more of a a truer rose than Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap... but I prefer the liquid to the bar. However, I'm still giving it 5 stars! Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Bcakes

I like this. It is a white bar and smells great like a natural rose. When it sits a long time in the paper packaging it can kind of absorb the papery scent etc. so I plan to use it right away form now on after I repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 11:57:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

meh. The scent wasn't that great as far as rose scents go. the soap itself is of good quality as are the rest of the Dr. Bronners line.