October 26, 2014 | 1194 users online

Hair Styling Tools - HerStyler Tourmaline

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Lmarriott1129

So my hai flat iron recently broke after having it for 10 years. I loved it and was looking for something with good reviews that was cheap. I found the herstyler black flat iron for sale on groupon for $30. My hair is very thick, medium length, soft hair. I take good care of it. This straightener first of all felt very cheap (lightweight plastic cheap feel) and PULLED MY HAIR like crazy. It also got WAY to hot even when I turned it down to 300 it burned my hair. My hai straightener I would turn it up to 400 and never had any issues. And, it this iron barely straightened it and gave absolutely no shine just a frizzy burned end look. I would definitely not recommend this product to anyone! I think it damages ur hair. Especially for a person who has healthy hair that's taken care of DONT USE! Maybe I got a bad one, but like I said wouldn't recommend. My mom has an amore flat iron that is AMAZING! That's what I suggest! Lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the purple one with the light yellow plates and I got it for $24 + shipping on Amazon! I've seen these going for $100+ at mall kiosks. No, the warranty isn't valid since Amazon isn't an authorized seller but so what? For such a good price, this is trivial. This is the best straightener I've ever owned (I've previously used ConAir, Remmington, Cruise and Cortex). I've also used my friend's Chi and honestly, they both perform the same. I always use a heat protectant spray (Tresseme) and finish off with Biosilk hair serum and the results are flawless. I have no desire to ever use another straightener. And in the event that I ever break mine, I would definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I was roped into using this because I got suckered into getting a free demonstration. they promised me miracles. promised me it wouldn't burn my hair. Well let me tell you there was another girl getting hers straightened at the same time and I smelled BURNING HAIR. I was certain they were burning her hair and not mine. I couldn't get out of that chair fast enough. the high heat capabilities are great for people with very thick and sturdy hair. But this is way too heavy duty for my delicate strands.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

It's almost like every high end straightener out there. Anything you'll find in Folica.com. I had it for a year before it broke, however it's my fault it broke. It has heat settings, but that's the only attribute it provides that makes it worth buying. It's a good straightener, but I would rather explore and look for one that just right for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by glitterfacedranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the color sensation straigtener.I love it!I've had it for two years and it still works great.It straigtens my hair quicker than any other flat iron I've used.My hair doesn't feel super dry when I use it,just a little dry at the ends(but my ends are always dry because I color a lot).I also like the little bag that comes with it.The outside is satin(and it always matches the color you choose for your flat iron).I can't remeber what matieriel is used for the inside,but I do know it's heat resistant.It's overall a very good product!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by chrissy397

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Seriously this thing is AMAZING. I started out with drugstore straightners (which are very damaging do not buy them for your hairs sake!) then my friend got the chi and I was like wow the is so much better then mine (keep in mind I had the drugstore) so I was walking through my mall looking for one when this guy at a kiosk stopped me and he was selling the HerStylers. So I figured why not try it out. I was hooked on first try. Even my friend wanted it. Next to a HerStyler a chi literally seems like a drugstore straightner. I've had it for 3 years now and it's been dropped and traveled around in suitcases. The straightner itself is very durable it's quite heavy (not like weight but material) and it takes a beating. I only said yes to repurchasing it because if it ever does break I will definitly buy another but I do think there is a lifetime warranty so it might be free.

The HerStyler glides so easily it makes your hair sooo shiny and brings out colors in your hair. Your hair will look gorgeous after your done. It barely damages your hair at all. I rarely get my hair trimed and I have so few split ends. it also curls your hair into the best curls ive ever seen.

All in all this straightener is amazing I could go on and on. Buy it now!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by insouciance66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the color something flat iron and the three piece clampless iron - at 1st I was horrified when I saw how much cheaper these were selling online than at the mall where I got them - but then I added in the following: 1. lifetime warranty - when the colored iron was introduced with a 400 degree temp limit instead of 200 it was exchanged for me, no questions asked -and there was nothing wrong with my original iron so i think that is terrific. 2. added product for free - when i purchased my flat iron (in i think 2005 or 2006) I also received a serum and a holder for free. with the wand, I got (ready for this?) shampoo, a GIANT tub of hair mask, serum, hair spray AND a baby flat iron for my bangs. Also, the wonderful woman at the kiosk styled my entire head of hair, gave me her number and asked me to please call her anytime and she would gladly do my hair for me (she even offered to come to my house and help me color my hair) - and i mean she took TIME with me! As far as the products themselves, i have ZERO complaints. I also purchased the human hair clip in extensions, and they are the best extensions I have ever had (and I have had sewn in wefts, glue ins, hair police braid&knots, the teeny clamps - EVERYTHING!) these look terrific, I can sleep in them (and have) and when i want them out, they're gone in less than a minute.
After thinking it over, I'm glad I got the lifetime warranty and don't feel ripped at all - i'm sure the products on their own are great at a lower price, but when i think of everything I got with them plus what amounted to an hour long lesson on using everything I feel great about what i got :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by GracicaGal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Do NOT buy from Amazon!!!!!! Amazon is not an authorized distributor, therefore the one year manufacture warranty is not valid.
Unfortunately, I had to find that out the hard way! I bought it from Amazon.com and I loved it, used it every day until one day clumsy me dropped it on the floor!! I thought I had a one year warranty, I called the manufacturers to get a replacement but since Amazon is NOT an authorized seller the warranty is NOT valid!!!!!!
Never Again!!! Trying to save a few bucks ended up costing me more!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by tiffyjustis

My mom bought this at the mall for over $100, but PLEASE don't fall for those annoying salespeople who tries to sell this at malls/shopping centers! AMAZON SELLS THESE FOR $30!!

If only I found out about this sooner, my mom would have saved A LOT of money...

Here is the amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Herstyler-Classic-Forever-Ceramic-Flat/dp/B002LE8OX8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by KareBear12

I bought my first HerStyler over two years ago. I was in the mall, Homecoming dress shopping I believe, and one of the ladies dragged me in. She tried it out on me and I was amazed at how straight it got my hair. I have very thick, somewhat wavy hair and it never got completely straight no matter what I used. My mom gave in and bought me a Colorful Seasons. She paid $150. It worked perfectly well for 20 months, I was in love with it. I think the reason it stopped working was my own fault. I accidentally got water in it one day and the next time I plugged it in it didn't work. I was crushed, especially since I was out of town and would be for the next month. When I got home, I was prepared to pay the $50 replacement fee they offer. One day though, I was looking around on Amazon and came across my flat iron, for $35. I was pretty pissed that I had paid $150 originally when I could have gotten it a whole lot cheaper. Needless to say, I ordered off of Amazon. The new flat iron works perfectly, I'm still in love.

If you're looking to get one, check Amazon. There's no need to pay an outrageous price. It's an amazing product and I will continue to use (repurchase if necessary) my HerStyler for years.