April 16, 2014 | 1398 users online

Treatments - Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by randomtaskzombie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this on two occasions about 4 years ago so this review is based off of my experience with it back then. I used to dye my hair black every 4 weeks or so for about 3 years and I decided I was tired of it and wanted lighter hair so I did a lot of research and this color remover sounded like it would work for me. I didn't use the last step of it because all the reviews I had read said that it will darken your hair again. The first time I used it I loved the color that my hair turned out after use and it was still in good condition also so that was a plus. It stayed that color until the next morning when I woke up and it was dark again. So I used it one more time and it darkened back to black again. I know this works for some people but not for me. Maybe I would try it again just because it is the only color remover that I have used that left my hair in the same condition as it was prior to use. The price is a little steep but if it works for you I would say it is totally worth it. If you go to a salon and they do a "color correction" they use color remover like this and they charge $100+ for it so....yeah. Maybe if I try it again I would make sure to rinse my hair for an extra long time so the color doesn't reoxidize.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by TheeOriginalBooBooKatie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, the reviews were mixed but I decided to give it try anyway After two failed professional salon attempts to lighten my hair (costly and damaging to my hair), I decided to try this. . Started out with red-based black demi-permanent hair dye. My hair has been this color for a decade so although I only touched up the roots every 3 months or so, there is going to be build-up. Thankfully, I did something I never do: a strand test. Followed the instructions exactly but there was no lift except at the roots. None. Re-application did not lift any of the color either.
So if like me, youve been rocking the raven black for a long time, this product probably won't help strip the hair to something light enough to deposit a lighter color into. Oh well. Better black than bald. Although I REALLY wanted to go full-on grape kool aide purple.
Next up, I may try the Color Oops just to see if that gives a better result. I'll let you know how that one works out (or doesnt) too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ariannaeastcoast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

One N Only Colorfix is developed to remove oxidative dyes. Since most semipermanent colors are combination of direct dyes and oxidative dyes, Colorfix may only partially remove these.

This is clearly stated on the box. Make sure you do your research and read the instructions clearly before you write a negative review. If you tried to use this on semi-permanent color and it didn't work, the product is not at fault, this product is specifically made for permanent dyes only!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by kyleigh1

i have watched several successful reviews for this product on youtube, which is why I decided to go ahead and try it out since I had thought there was no cure for my faded, stained red hair (from semi-permanent hair color) except for to grow it out. My natural hair color is light ashy brown with a blonde undertone and some blonde highlights. About 3 years ago, I decided that I really wanted to go red but i had been perming my hair for about maybe a year and a half to two years prior to going red, so i didn't want to use a permanent dye out of fear of damaging my hair(which happened anyway even with the semi-permanent dye aka cellophane hair color). I was told from the beginning that red would fade quickly but stains hair easily. I wasnt thinking much about the process i would have to go through after i no longer wanted the red. anyway, I haven't colored my hair for almost a year so my roots are my natural color but the rest is the faded red color. Ive been wanting to go blonde so when i saw the review for this product, i jumped on it. However when i used the product i did it exactly how the box said and just how i was taught on youtube also. I didnt use the step 3. I mixed step 1 & 2 together with equal amounts and applied it throughout my hair generously, being sure to saturate all of the red colored hair. i placed my hair in a clear plastic shower cap to process and applied heat, blow drying it at a medium-high speed and med-high heat in order for it to process better. The box says leave it on for 20 minutes but since it took me 12 minutes to apply it throughout my entire hair, i left it on for altogether, 32 minutes. i pretty much kept the heat from the blow dryer on the entire 20 minutes (after the 12 minutes of application), and was not seeing any visible stripping of the color. when it came time to rinse it out, i used warm water and saw no red color coming out of my hair. i dried it and to my disappointment, saw no color change at all.. basically i wasted my money. hopefully i can get a refund, but i already used it up so idk...

out of all the reviews i saw, all of the girls were either white or hispanic and it had worked well for their hair. some of the reviews were taking out black hair and some took out red so i was sure this would work. i only noted the race of the girls whose videos i watched because i have mixed hair (black&white) which is a whole different texture, very curly, thick and dryer than most hispanic/white hair. idk whether it was my hair texture that would have failed me (although i don't see how that would affect the outcome). or it could also be because the color has been in my hair for so long. it sucks though because cellophane isn't even supposed to be permanent it is supposed to wash out eventually . i loved the red when it was just done and vibrant, but when its faded and growing out, with my natural color at the roots, it looks a bit trashy, for lack of a better word. plus since my natural hair color is blondish, and green is the undertone of blonde (on top of the fact that the rest of my hair is red), people sometimes tell me my hair looks green at the roots. I guess the red, being greens complimentary color on the color wheel makes my natural hair appear to have a green tint. anyhow, this is my experience with it. good luck to anybody else trying it & if anybody has had similar experience as I, or any tips or advice for me on how to take out my red hair color, feel free to respond!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by SkyeCapella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had been dying my hair a deep bright red permanent colour for 8 months. I used this to get rid of the hair before i bleached it platinum blonde, and it works amazing!!!! I will say, it STINKS terribly!! Like rotten egg, i just washed my hair 4 times and it still smells. I've heard orange juice or coffee works, so i will try. The smell is worth it for great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by OlyKeskinidis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Let me begin by saying that I am the pickiest human being ever when it comes to beauty products. With that said, I had a hot minute love affair with bright red Rihanna hair, and once I was over it, I wanted it out of my hair ASAP! They say red fades fast, but that's not the case when you want the color out and fast. I have naturally brown hair with red under tones. Due to a few greys, I started dying my hair a number 4 brown, so it was pretty dark. This past winter I went to a jet black, and when that faded, I went back to brown. About 4 months ago I got sick of the brown and wanted a change. I ombred my hair which turned into a brassy orange tone to it. A month later I got sick of that and that's when I decided to go BRIGHT red. I did A LOT of research and decided to try L'Oreal's hi-color in intense auburn. Wasn't very impressed. Although it deposited red, is was still a dark red and I wanted a vibrant in your face red. Then I decided to do a plum color, so I mixed red and plum dye together. Again, not much change. I finally decided to bleach my hair so the color would not only be bright, but it would also take the color. Big mistake obviously. My hair now was BRIGHT orange and awful. Trying to darken it, I decided to dye it mahogany. Again, the color just wasn't what I liked. So finally, I decided to bleach the hair again to get the red out. I know, I'm CRAZY and I do NOT recommend bleaching ur hair in order to "strip it". So then I decided to give Color Fix a try and was very skeptical bc I had dyed it so many times and I figured the red wouldn't come out. I read a LOT about Color fix and decided I had nothing to lose. I mixed half of each bottle 1:1 and let it set in my hair for 20min as directed. I wrapped my hair with the plastic bag that comes with it, and at 15min, took a blow dryer to heat and process the product up faster. Of course I didn't freak that it was bright yellow, but was shocked to see ALL the red was gone! Nothing ran in the sink, and surprisingly, my hair felt so much smoother!!!! I also decided to use the last step that many skip and it toned down the yellow dramatically. I read that it darkens your hair, which was fine by me since I was planning to go back to a medium brown. I couldn't believe how much this product worked! The smell wasn't too bad, after all, it's chemicals that you're using. I highly recommend this product for anyone who has made a color mistake, and also recommend you do the last step bc it prepares the hair to accept the hair dye u plan using after. Please note that my hair was bright yellow simply bc I had bleach under the red dye and it restored to the color is was since bleach can't be taken out of hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by mayabarbie

I am very impressed with this product. This was my second time using it and not once has it failed me. The very first time I tryed it was when I dyed my hair a very dark black!! (Stupid of me) it removed the horrible black out of my hair and turned it into a light brown. I recently dyed my hair with a really dark brown and disliked it...so I wanted to go about one shade lighter. I purchased colorfix from sallys beauty supplies. It comes in a small kit with 3 products. this is what I did: I mixed the bottles "step 1" and "step 2" together in small cup and stirred them for about one minute. Then I placed it all over my hair and left it on for only 15 minutes since I only wanted to go like one shade lighter. I covered my hair with a plastic bag since heat helps the product work best. Please keep in mind that you should check for color change every 5 mins or so. I first tried it on a small strand of hair. It works really quickly!! 15 mins worked great for me. ONE IMPORTANT THING IS TO NOT USE "STEP 3" WHICH IS THE "PROCESSING LOTION" THIS STEP WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR DARK!!!! But anyways! My results are great!! I was left with a really light brown. No damage to my hair whats so ever!! Though I did notice less shine!!! Or maybe that was just me. But since my hair was left with an even light brown I was able to dye over it with a more caramel brown!!! which looks very pretty and gave me my shiny hair back! I'm so satisfied with my hair now. Just to make sure my hair wasn't damaged or anything from all my previous dying I used my macadamia oil!! ^_^ soft, shiny beautiful results!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Daisy4455

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To summarize: Dyed my hair red, which turned coppery orange at roots and horrible discoloration all over. Next day I bought One n' Only color fix and it saved the day.

READ THE TIPS BELOW!!! I realized a few key things people seem to have missed who have also reviewed this.

First of all, I have been dying my hair a light auburn for YEARS. I love the color and maintain it every 4-6 weeks. On a whim I dared to try a different product (Olia by Garnier - horrible decision) recommended by a friend. The result was an over-developed orange/coppery hairline with patchy stranded hair all over. My hair was four different shades of red/orange/copper all over! Some spots didn't even take to the color including the roots at my widows peak. Talk about horrifying.

Devastated, I sought the help of a hair stripper to subdue and reverse the results of a botched dye job. I read many reviews and decided to go with L'oreal's Color Zap. When I was at the store I saw this other brand and compared the two. One 'n Only sounded more like what I required.

The smell was tolerable, but not pleasant. I wasn't in it for the aroma, I wanted my roots back to normal. Low and behold: it worked!!!! My hair is lighter where the roots were excessively copperish, but overall it worked as described. It worked so well I came here promptly to share.

TIP 1: Do not leave in over 20 minutes. They say this for a reason. Your hair will lighten then discolor if you do so.

TIP 2: Work in quickly. Product is "less effective overtime" as stated on the instructions.

TIP 3: Work product into hair in layers. Save roots for last and massage into scalp with finger tips.

TIP 4: Wear gloves and have a wash rag available for cleaning any areas around neck or shoulders. Any small cuts will burn as I found put.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by FannyFanny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted this product to work. Sadly, it didn't work at all. I had dyed my hair bright red and wanted to get the red out so that I could later bleach it blonde. Washing my hair with dandruff shampoo and warm water got rid of most of the red dye in my hair and left my hair a pale salmon color, which I then tried to get rid of by using Colorfix. I performed a strand test and noticed there was no visible difference between the strand and the rest of my hair. So, it was just a waste of money and I returned the product. However, just because it didn't work for my red hair, doesn't mean it might not work for you. I bought this product after seeing positive reviews of people who successfully went from red to blonde with the help of this product. I recommend performing a strand test so that if it doesn't work at all, you can return it (check the store's return policy for used items).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by hlgphoto

PLEASE READ THIS :

First off, let me let people know, i am a honest reviewer.

This stuff works. It really does.

Ive been dying my blonde hair JET GOTH BLACK for years... this week i wanted to go red. i just got tired of the black.

after doing lots of review readings, i went and got loreal excellence hicolor red for dark hair, thinking "ok so i have dark hair right now itl cover over it" WRONG! it didnt take any red at all-- remained jet black. just as i figured, this stuff only works on natural hair colors, and my dyed black didnt take. still wanting red, i came to the conlusion its either BLEACHING IT or STRIPPING IT-- both of which are priced very $$$$$ at salons... went to sallys, and told the lady i wasnt comforatable doing bleach as i dont want to fry my hair to bits, she showed me this stuff.

first night, opened the kit. got a glass mixing bowl, meaasured half of the #1 bottle and half of #2 bottle, mixed. started applying all over my scalp first. (should of done that last) TO THE PEOPLE WHO READ THE REVIEWS ABOUT THIS HORRID SMELL.... IT IS NOT BAD AT ALL. PEOPLE ARE DRAMATIC. YEAH IT HAS A SULFER SMELL. IT HAS SUFER INGRIEDS. BUT HONESTLY WHAT HAIR PRODUCT DYE SMELLS PLEASENT? I HAD EXCEPTED SOME DEALTHY SMELL AFTER READING ALL THE REVIEWDS PRIOR TO USING IT, AND ONCE IT WAS ON MY HAIR, I WAS LIKE "THIS IS IT? THIS ISNT AS BAD AS WHAT REVIEWS SAID" soo.... dont be afraid of the smell. put a cap on, did a few heat blowing, waited a HOUR, then risned it with shampoo, water, conditioner, shampoo, water constantly risning. avoided the #3 bottle from everyone saying skip it...came out and was shocked--- from my scalp to my ears length, my hair was blonde/orange/red. WOW SO MUCH BLACK GONE. next morning when it was all dry, the lower ends still dark. got a 2nd box, did it a second night, making sure to focus on getting all my lengthy hair covered, same as first night amount of time. its srtill wet as i write this, i see that blonde/red/orange hint in the lengthy pieces.

people need to realize, this does as its advertised. it takes color pigments out-- what you get underneath may not be pretty- but hey, what do you accept after dying your hair? just put a new dye job over it-- like i will be doing next week after allowing healing time. btw- my hair wasnt damaged. not even dry at all-- doesnt damage,