October 25, 2014 | 1447 users online

Hair Treatments - Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by yase88

I'm not sure how I feel about this product. I have used Color Oops before several times with no results, then I saw ColorFix when I was searching a way to get rid of my black hair.
For 3 years, Ive been dying my hair black monthly. Im sick of dying it over and over again even tho I absolutely hate the color. ONCE YOU GO BLACK, YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK!! I should have listened to this and never dyed my hair black lol.

Anyways, I bought two boxes of ColorFix last week but I was too lazy to use it until yesterday morning.
I left it on my hair for 30mins without cap and used blow dryer at last 5 mins, I rinsed and shampooed with clarifying shampoo for 8 times in total 15mins of washing, plus the conditioning part I was in shower for 40mins, about to die from heat.
My roots were orange and rest of my hair was medium red brown, and I was really pleased with the results. I skipped the 3rd bottle application because I didn't want to lose the color.
Well I was wrong, by the time it was 10pm my hair was already getting darker, like my ends were dark brown already.
And this morning, I have red roots and black ends.
I donno how else I can wash my hair to eliminate darkening, I think I washed it enough. I see some people have reviews saying that they washed for 5mins and got great results.

I'm gonna try it again tonight, and shower for two hours and hope it doesn't darken :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used Color Fix on my hair yesterday, I had a permanent medium ash brown hair color that turned completely dark brown/black, did the shampoo method and It worked like a charm, left it on for 1hr 20 minutes, washed with clarifying shampoo for a while, then with regular shampoo and deep conditioned with Feria conditioner, color came out a super cute ginger light brown, I guess because I used the shampoo method it really didn't stink too much, to me smelled more like compost than sulfur, not pleasant but I don't care since this product performed a true miracle. I have my hair covered in coconut oil and I am leaving it alone for one week before I recolor.
EDIT: four days later and my hair darkened from light ginger brown to medium ash brown, my roots were on the brassy-orangy side and now they have darkened and are less obvious, I tried to color my hair but the swatch came back super dark, went two levels down but will have to go four levels down if I want to recolor, I might do the back again because I still see too much dark hair on that area, hair still feels the same, not even split ends, smells like wet dog when wet and the texture feels like when you leave too much conditioner.
EDIT: Color got darker than a week ago but no black or dark brown in sight, noticed that I've been loosing a lot of hair and I am thankful that I only did the shampoo version of this, my hair feels extremely dry and won't recolor it.
Ended up recoloring because it was three different colors, dark ash blonde on the length and light ash brown on the roots, came one shade darker than I normally like.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by xmissmilly

I've seen some seriously pointless reviews of people complaining about this product because they did not research it enough.
A couple of things:
1. ONLY WORKS ON COLOR TREATED HAIR
2. IT WILL NO MATTER WHAT TURN YOU HAIR ORANGE-Y
3. YOUR HAIR WILL DARKEN A LITTLE BIT OVER A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER USING IT

I have pretty thin, and very fine long hair, that was dyed dark brown(almost black) for about 8 years. I am naturally a level 6 or 7 (ash blonde, had highlights).

I used this product three times within 2-3 weeks ish. MINIMAL damage BUT I did use a lot of hair masks between uses and after. (My hair dresser was surprised how undamaged it was)

After the first use, my hair went from almost black(level 2-1) to a super orangey light-medium brown(level 4-3) It was very uneven as I had a lot of build up on my ends and now I would definitely apply it to my ends first and then after sometime to the rest of my hair.

I did not use the third step out of fear of my hair re-darkening, HOWEVER it did re-darken somewhat over a couple of days but nothing even close to my almost black hair.

After 2 more uses my hair was an orange about level 5 at my crown and a level 4 the rest of my hair. NOW, my purpose was to dye bright red over it so I did not care that it was orange. BUT if you want to go blonde YOU NEED TO CANCEL OUT THE ORANGE WITH A TONER. Do not think that this will give you blonde hair or nice light brown hair. So please stop complaining about it, it's a part of the process. I think if i was not dying my hair red, and had the intention to go back to my ash blonde I would get pretty close after toning it.

Another plus about this product is that there is a LOT of it. I only needed one box of this per session and my hair is down to bellow my armpits.

That being said, now 6 months later I will be now re-purchasing this to start my process of going blonde.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have tried severeal color removers in the last 10 years and this is an okay one, but I had better results with Oops Color Remover. This comes in separate bottles and can be used for a little spot or large sections. Which means you can use some and then save it. Oops isn't like that.

However, Oops seemed to work better at removing the color and not drying it out as badly as this one did. They're about the same price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by haynmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It works. The Sally's worker suggested I use this instead of bleaching to remove bright bright red I have been dying my hair for about 9 months now. I used loreal hi color & although I loved it, I'm over it & would like to get back to the honey/dirty blonde that I naturally had. I have shoulder length naturally curly hair & had to use 1/2 the bottle. I mixed it in my mixing bowl. Put on gloves & a cape & saturated my hair. It stinks like a perm FYI. Left it on for about 1/2 hr, shampooed & conditioned & it wasn't as light as I wanted so I repeated the process as suggested in my damp hair. It worked the second time around. After I rinsed it well, I applied the processing liquid. Left it in as directed then washed & conditioned. It's orangey & now I'm going to dye it ash blonde. Hoping that works out for me. I bought it for around $15. Packaging is kinda sucky cuz the liquid doesn't squirt out easily. I really had to work at it to get it out. It stinks like a perm but overall it worked & I reccomend it if you're trying to get stubborn color out of hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by queenofnone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Before trying this I read a lot of reviews here and on the Sally website. Maybe I didn't read enough, but I didn't find a single one about it turning hair splotchy and orange. Which is what happened to me. I have naturally dark brown resistant and very thick hair a few inches past my shoulders, and for the past year I've been dying it black. I wanted a change and to go lighter for the summer, and my sister who is naturally strawberry blonde said this worked great for her. I did a strand test and ended up with a pleasant reddish dark brown, so I did my ends which had more layers of dye, and then the area closer to my roots. This turned the top of my head an awful, splotchy brassy orange color, like I had bleached it. It also turned other random patches of my hair the same color, with no rhyme or reason. Some were closer to the roots, some closer to the ends. Some halfway down on a lock of hair. I did the processing lotion on the orange parts and it helped some, but I'm going to have to spend some time fixing this if I don't want to just put another dark dye over it, and I'll look pretty bad for a few days until I do. I don't really understand why it did what it did, because my hair has been dyed the same color with the same dye very evenly and was natural before that. I'm also no novice to hair color, having dyed my hair almost every color in existence in the past and regularly coloring other peoples hair. I'm giving it 3 lippies anyway because it did remove the dye and didn't fry my hair. Like the other reviewers have said, it smells gross, like a perm, and the smell lingers and is stronger when my hair is wet. Overall I'd still say give it a try if you really want to remove your dye, but I would recommend doing strand tests in a few locations on the head first.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by niagini24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product works really well. Make sure you follow the steps. My natural hair color is a light brown, and I have been dyeing it dark brown for 10 plus years. I got really tired of my hair being so dark. I really wanted it lighter and warmer. So I did a lot of research and found the one n only color fix. I read a lot of reviews and most them were very poditive. So I figured that if it did not work, I can at least dye it dark again. The first time I tried it, I followed all of the steps, but I left out step 3, the dreaded processing lotion. My hair turned a light to medium brown, but it darkened back to dark brown over the next few days. So I seems like no matter if you use the processing lotion or not, if your hair still has color in it, it will darken either way. After giving my hair a 2 week break, I decided to try again. I ended up reoeating the process 2 more times, including step 3!!! Which did not darken my hair. It just toned it. I assuming that this means that all of the color was removed. My hair came out really light. I was amazed. I was debating on keeping it that way, i really wanted to dye it. I was so scared, but after much research, I went for it. I applied some protein filler for 20 minutes, and applied a demi permenant lvl 9 neutral gold blonde( yes a blonde) dye for 5 min only. Any longer and it would have turned too dark. Now my hair is a golden light brown, and I am so super happy with it. A few more tips: rinse, rinse, and rinse and wash your hair with clarifying shampoo. I also applied heat during the third time.
Hope this helps.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by randomtaskzombie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this on two occasions about 4 years ago so this review is based off of my experience with it back then. I used to dye my hair black every 4 weeks or so for about 3 years and I decided I was tired of it and wanted lighter hair so I did a lot of research and this color remover sounded like it would work for me. I didn't use the last step of it because all the reviews I had read said that it will darken your hair again. The first time I used it I loved the color that my hair turned out after use and it was still in good condition also so that was a plus. It stayed that color until the next morning when I woke up and it was dark again. So I used it one more time and it darkened back to black again. I know this works for some people but not for me. Maybe I would try it again just because it is the only color remover that I have used that left my hair in the same condition as it was prior to use. The price is a little steep but if it works for you I would say it is totally worth it. If you go to a salon and they do a "color correction" they use color remover like this and they charge $100+ for it so....yeah. Maybe if I try it again I would make sure to rinse my hair for an extra long time so the color doesn't reoxidize.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by TheeOriginalBooBooKatie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, the reviews were mixed but I decided to give it try anyway After two failed professional salon attempts to lighten my hair (costly and damaging to my hair), I decided to try this. . Started out with red-based black demi-permanent hair dye. My hair has been this color for a decade so although I only touched up the roots every 3 months or so, there is going to be build-up. Thankfully, I did something I never do: a strand test. Followed the instructions exactly but there was no lift except at the roots. None. Re-application did not lift any of the color either.
So if like me, youve been rocking the raven black for a long time, this product probably won't help strip the hair to something light enough to deposit a lighter color into. Oh well. Better black than bald. Although I REALLY wanted to go full-on grape kool aide purple.
Next up, I may try the Color Oops just to see if that gives a better result. I'll let you know how that one works out (or doesnt) too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ariannaeastcoast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

One N Only Colorfix is developed to remove oxidative dyes. Since most semipermanent colors are combination of direct dyes and oxidative dyes, Colorfix may only partially remove these.

This is clearly stated on the box. Make sure you do your research and read the instructions clearly before you write a negative review. If you tried to use this on semi-permanent color and it didn't work, the product is not at fault, this product is specifically made for permanent dyes only!!