October 22, 2014 | 1811 users online

Conditioner - Nioxin - Scalp Therapy

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Amorganxo

I have used Nioxin (System 4) on an off for about 2 years. I always get bored and stray to new products but then return because of the results the Nioxin gives me. I have damaged, chemically treated, dry and thinning hair. I have also noticed considerable hair loss. My once thick and beautiful hair is no more, but the shampoo and conditioners have helped. My boyfriend even commented that he notices less and less of my hair covering our bathroom, bedroom etc so it must be working! My hair feels noticeably thicker and I am able to apply the conditioner to my scalp without it causing horribly greasy hair. I have also noticed some regrowth.The formula is kind of drying so I switch it up with a more hydrating shampoo/conditioner once or twice a week. Will continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by lexifromaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always had a bit of hair loss but only really noticeable in my hair brush and clothes rather than visible loss on my scalp. The last few months it has increased though and so I spoke to my hairdresser who recommended Nioxin. She warned me it would take a while to notice an improvement but after just one week the hair loss decreased by about 80%. I am only 3 weeks in so can't comment on hair growth but the virtual end of hair loss in such a short time is staggering. Love this stuff. I use the 3 stage kit. Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

I bought this for my boyfriend's long hair since he started some hair loss. I bought system 2, and it appears that it worked. But I don't think it is this shampoo per say, but that he was using conditioners with lots of silicone ( labelled as dimethicone) before which blocked the hair follicle and eventually caused the hair to fall out. Pantene conditioners have the most silicone to my opinion. These Nioxin products are missing the silicone which is great but you can get silicone free shampoos cheaper like L'oreal's Everpure line which are sulfate and silicone free and naturally derived. BTW I hate and mean hate the mint in Nioxin products which is considered a skin irritant as well as a stimulant. But stimulating what??? This line is way too expensive for what it is, period.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by eqyyn

I was first introduce to nioxin system 5 by the saloon tt i visited. Was advised to use it for 6mths bt after 2 weeks using it my hair loss increase tremendously.. i cant go on using it anymore as im afraid ill be bald by the end of 6 mth. Its def nt working well with me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Suzannebow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the nioxin system 4 for 3 months now on the advise of my hairdresser to try and thicken up my very fine hair and reduce shedding which makes my hair look even thinner. I am not convinced that this has made any difference, in fact my hair shedding has increased so much I'm thinking of stopping using it! My hairdresser advised using it for at least 6 months to see a difference but I'm actually scared I'll have no hair left by then!! Am going to stop using in for a few weeks to see if hair shedding slows down. Disappointed after reading so many good reviews, but I suppose it doesn't work for everyone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by sasshay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just don't understand the number of good reviews here. After developing a full-blown allergy to Nioxin, I tried washing it off with my regular shampoo. In the process, the water ran over my face and body and I could feel my lips puffing out again, skin getting itchy and the start of a throbbing headache. Worse, some ran into my eye and it absolutely stung like mad and turned red for the entire duration of the day. The allergens in this are DEADLY. I can't imagine the havoc it caused on my system, let alone my scalp, and I don't even dare pass this on to anyone, even though I bought a full-sized salon bottle. Who are all these good reviews written by? They just seem highly suspect given how terrible this product is. Go google 'Nioxin and allergy' and you'll see what I mean.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by rainingice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used the conditioner a couple times now, and I can't say if it's reducing my hair thinning just yet, but there are a couple "side-effects" that are making me quite happy with it currently.

First off, it smells great. I absolutely adore the smell of mint, so having my hair smell like it is amazing. It keeps me awake and feeling fresh! The mint also makes my scalp feel nice and tingly when I'm applying it, which also feels really nice.

Second and the greatest effect so far is oil control. With other conditioners I've used in the past, even and especially salon brands, I absolutely cannot apply it to my scalp. I wash my hair every other day (otherwise I shed like a cat and I also don't have enough time to wash it everyday) and if I apply any other conditioner to my scalp, by day two, my hair is greasy, stringy, and very unpleasant overall. With this, even applying and working it into my scalp, I stopped seeing that even after only two uses. Love it!

I'll update with more later on when I use it more.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by SharonT14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finished the entire starter set and handfuls of hair fall out in the shower. My hair used to be so thick and heavy I would get a headache if I put it up in a pony tail, ever since using this I find myself putting my hair up in all kinds of buns and its so much lighter. The thickness of my ponytail is literally half what it used to be.

I've changed nothing except for this shampoo. I cannot believe my thick long hair is gone. This stuff is not good for everyone, it has very harsh detergents. I used it based on a bloggers recommendation. I didn't have thin hair to begin with so I guess I just didn't need it.

What a disaster I wish someone had warned me :( back to el cheapo shampoo and let my hair grow back hopefully.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is recommended to chemo patients as their hair starts to grow back after treatment to strenthen the hair follicles

Con: minty smell
Pros: It works

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by colleenme

Does it work? Yes.
Is it spendy? Absolutely.
Is the quart thing the best value? Probably.
But this is the thing. its winter. I am bored of it! I have used it exclusively for 6 months and I am bored. The mint scent is invigorating, but as my husband says, "What IS that smell?" Its strong, no doubt. I would offer the shampoo is pretty basic, and the shampoo claims to remove the hormonal 'attack' on thinning hair. I think a clarifying shampoo would do the same, but I prefer creamier consistencies, due to color treating my medium length hair. The Scalp Therapy Conditioner however, is worth every cent. I use a dollop every inch of the scalp and absolutely no build up, but increased volume. I use other salon brand conditioners on my ends, but the Scalp Therapy tingles with menthol/mint, helps me reduce or cease my shedding and controls any kind of itching as a bonus. Love it!!