October 26, 2014 | 1054 users online

Hair Treatments - Etae

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

Etae Products is an all natural product line that help straighten and condition curly to coarse hair. The ingredients are all natural, no artificial preservatives, parabens etc. The products I tried are: Carmel, Preserve, Nutrient, Aloe Conditioner and Buttershine.

I'm african-american with 4B (andre scale) natural hair texture. Although, i got good results hair-wise. It made my hair soft, easy to comb and detangle and my hair had lots of body after styling. My hair was blown dry and flat-ironed straight. My style lasted a couple of days longer than it would have without the products. Over a period of two months, my natural hair became straighter and softer.

My scalp tho, is another story! These products made my scalp itchy and irritated. I do think it's the combination of vinegar and essential oils (rosemary, sage etc) that this line relies on in the ingredients. The price of these products, anyone can make up a batch of this stuff.

Also, the customer service both online and in person leave something to be desired. The receptionist offered very little help when asked questions, either limited product knowledge or impatience.

Overall, if you are concerned with loosing your natural texture or have a scalp that is sensitive, i would pass on this.