October 23, 2014 | 1938 users online

Moisturizers - Common Sense Farm - Jojoba Rose Face Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful, light refreshing, beautiful natural facial lotion.

I was looking for a less expensive natural face cream/lotion for my DD to keep her complexion clear; that would be a comparison to her HG Emmenence Rose Hip Whip cream, which is expensive. I found it in this lotion. This has rose hip seed oil, which keeps the complexion clear. Needless to say it works just as well and yields a delicious scent of Bulgarian rose to boot. It's kept her face clear and moisturized. I use it myself in summer when I don't need as much moisturizing and it's wonderful. Especially at night ... the bulgarian rose scent is just heavenly to soothe me to sleep. Natural, fresh and it works! I hope they never stop making this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I found Common Sense Farm while googling for holistic or natural skin care products. What a great find. So far their products are superb, packaged beautifully and sensibly, contains natural ingredients, and cost pennies. This particular face cream is just wonderful. For reference I have oily but dehydrated skin with large pores. I need something that uses humectants and not surfactants. The best humectants for my skin seem to be glycerin and Hyaluronic Acid and this contains glycerin (if I'm really dehydrated I add a drop of pure Hyaluronic Acid). This cream is medium weight yet light, and is more of a lotion than a cream. Very light, rose scent that disappears almost immediately (I don't like rose scents in general and this is so light I barely notice it). Only a little bit it needed. The more you put on, the longer it takes to sink in. It will eventually sink in completely no matter how much you apply, and leaves a soft, smooth, matte (but not too matte) finish. No dewiness at all so it works great under my ss which definitely leaves me a bit dewy. Stays matte all day. None of the usual grease skid I get in the afternoon with 99% of the moisturizers out there. I'd have to say this would be better suited for us oily or normal skinned girls. I'm not sure it could provide enough moisture for drier skins. Sunscreen and foundation smooth on evenly over it with no pilling. Feels very soothing. My face has a tendency to get itchy for no reason at all (no rash or anything...just itchy when stressed) and this calms it considerably without adding the grease factor. It actually makes a very nice primer for mu and is a perfect base for adding actives if you're into that. Comes in a dark amber 1.7 oz pump bottle that pumps out small amounts at a time so no waste and hygenic. Cost is just $7.50. Available at commonsensefarm.com.

INGREDIENTS: rose infusion, apricot kernel oil, avocado oil, glyceryl stearate citrate, glycerine, sweet almond oil, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, jojoba oil, glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (milk & sugar enzymes), rosehip seed oil, borage oil, bulgarian rose (essential oil), xanthan gum.