November 23, 2014 | 981 users online

Lip Gloss - Lumiere - Lumi Lips - all

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by rosiers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm surprise with how long lasting this product can be, I am terribly gulity to lick my lips yet I don't find I need to continue to reapply them!? Some of my friends don't like it because of no taste/smell, but I see this as an advantage. My top pick of colour is English Rose, it covers my lip pigments and gives it a natural colour to it. Looks more like clear gloss on healthy lips!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

These have become my favorite lip glosses. They go on smooth, are not irritating in the least and there are plenty of colors to choose from. They come in a plastic tube with a doe foot applicator. The negatives are that the gloss is fleeting but I've found that is true with a lot of glosses. These dry kind of matte on the lips after a short while and even though I think they're gone my lips are still colored somewhat. No scent. Some of the colors are so pretty that I don't mind reapplying often. Short ingredient list for those trying to pare down what you use.

Lumiere is also a great company to do business with. The owner is hands on and will answer even the silliest of questions with aplomb. A breath of fresh air especially after dealing with Raesin Images, who were just horrid.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by NFerguson

I have very pigmented lips and have a very hard time finding lipstick that is flattering. I've tried to neutralize the natural pigment by wearing foundation/primer and then applying lipstick over the top but it doesn't work for me (pro ma. have tried it on me as well and it doesn't work for them either). Thus, I've embraced my natural color and usually just slap on chapstick. I bought a Hibiscus mini and love it! It is just a bit darker then my natural color and gives a nice glossy finish that lasts longer than most other glosses. Even my SIL commented that it gave my lips just the right amount of color/shine (this was an unsolicited compliment). I will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw that they had a sale on the mini sizes, so I got 6 of them for 13.00. When they arrived I was surprised that they were indeed MINI. Seriously the tube itself is about an inch long and about the diameter of a pencil. I've had "minis" from other companies that are double the size.

As for the product itself, well it's nice enough, glides on smoothly, no irritating specks of glitter, no weird smell. I would only recommend this if you want a gloss that moisturizes and doesn't last.
I find the color pay off to be minimal and the longetivity of it to be even less so.

Pink Ribbons, Holy Grail are nice neutral colors. They look great on for about 5 minutues then you lick your lips or take a drink of something and it's bye bye color.

I recently purchased 6 "mini" Lip Fusion glosses for about $19 on Haute Look. These glosses are double the size - the colors are sheer and are a bit stickier to apply but they last and last.

I would recommend the Lumiere ones if you were looking for something to moisturize your lips rather than color your lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 8:46:00 AM More reviews by lilmama51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for Holy Grail, a medium pinky mauvish kinda color that is hard to describe. I am a PPP and wear cool colors and I think this would look great with all my blush colors (except maybe the brights as it is fairly muted). It's glossy with no sparkles, wears well and leaves your lips feeling soft Just might be a HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by zhangyalun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

lumi lips have an absolutely wonderful texture- they are extremely smooth and are not sticky at ALL.

i bought the mini lumi lips in cranberry zest, sweet 16, fling, spiced rum, strawberry sorbet, and in the nude. (6 mini lumi lips for $18-ish, dont quite remember)

personally, i would only use FLING and IN THE NUDE for everyday use because both spiced rum and cranberry zest make me look old b/c the colors are pretty dark. however, the pigmentation of those two is really good, almost like a lipstick. i was totally disappointed in sweet 16 and strawberry sorbet because sweet 16 ended up being this purpley-metallic color which did not look natural whatsoever, and in fact looked gross. who would ever USE this color? it can't possibly compliment anyone's skin color. in other words, NEVER BUY THIS COLOR.

i was expecting strawberry sorbet to be more sparkly-translucent because of the image shown on the site, but it actually looked more opaque when i used it. didn't like it; probably would compliment a caucasian person's skin tone much better because my lips are darker than the strawberry sorbet shade and i felt like i was completely coating my lips with a lighter color. (i have an olive undertone)

FLING is my absolute favorite. it is subtly glittery but not cheap looking, has a peachy-pink shine, and just looks really natural and very every-day. it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. another thing that i like about these is that after it absorbs, the teensy glitters still stick to your lips.

the only downside is that i've been using it for a while and i noticed that it is getting this weird rotten SMELL!!...this is the reason why i gave it a 4 and not a 5. WHAT IS WITH THIS SMELL???

IN THE NUDE looks like any other clear gloss... waste of money if you ask me. i wouldn't pay this much for a clear gloss. i still use it, but it's not really that special.

im still trying to figure out why my gloss has this funky smell. i want to buy the full size of fling but i'm kind of scared that it will begin to smell like this one. i think maybe it's a problem with the gloss being exposed to air...since the ones i havent used much have no smell.

anybody else have this problem?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2008 7:18:00 AM More reviews by sugar_heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried a few of the mini size ones with wand and quite liked those for travelling but i felt that you didn't really get much product out of those. So i decided i would buy the full size squeeze tubes which i actually really liked, a lot more sanitary.

My only problem was the colours really werent anything like described on the website. I ordered Hibiscus which says it's "Silky glazed raspberry" shade. It was nothing of the sort it went on like a very dark cinnamon brown on me and looked awful so right there $8.50 down the drain. The other one i got was Sugar Rose it was so sheer you couldnt see it and it stayed on about 5 mins. The smell was absolutely repulsive and rancid i refused to wear it.

So i think for me i'll pass on anymore of lumieres lip gloss. I love all there make up but these were a real dissapointment for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by dtn06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these lip glosses. They can be worn alone or over your fav lipstick. I have a few go to colors that I use daily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this lipgloss!! No taste or scent, great glossy consistency and not at all tacky. It leaves a nice finished look to my lips. I got 3 colors, English rose, Tahitian Coral and Hibiscus. They were all very true to the descriptions on the website. English rose is a muted natural pink that adds a slight tint to my lips and goes with just about anything. As an NW15 redhead this is definitely a MLBB gloss. Tahitian coral is beautiful, it is an irridescent coral pink. It really brightens my face. Hibiscus is a very pretty pigmented raspberry color. Every one I tried was a winner for me. None that I tried were frosty (something I hate) and all were pigmented enough to show up on my pale lips. Lasting power is excellent and when these wear off they wear off evenly not leaving chunks behind. They moisturize my lips very nicely. I also like having the option to order in either a squeeze tube or a tube with a wand for application. I got mine on sale for $6 and that was a steal!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 6:06:00 AM More reviews by chi77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the six in a pack of mini size lumi lips. The texture is awesome. I hate wearing glosses cause they make my lips peel and dry. But this is so moisturizing. My favorite shades are English Rose and Spice. I prefer non-shimmers.