July 30, 2014 | 1960 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Vivid Impact Highlighting Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I wanted these when they first came out but never got around to buying it before Max Factor hauled up stakes here in the U.S. So I was pretty excited when I saw it at the Dollar Tree. I bought 2 of the 24kt brown (good brown mascara is so hard to find) and one of the Brilliant Bourdeaux. I actually really like these. The brown is a great neutral daytime look for me as I have light blonde hair. The reddish brown reminds me of their deep auburn and makes my blue eyes pop. It is easily worn on its own and I really think the highlight color makes it pop. Now, I just put a light coat on the tips for a hint of color, I don't drown my eyelashes in it. If I try for all over highlight then it can look a little clumpy. But I have to say that the defining coat has given me the longest lashes I have ever had. I'm running to the D.T. tomorrow to buy up their stock of brown.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i just bought this at the dollar store and was super excited about it. the reviews really make me laugh because there are so many close-minded people out there who are really no fun. i dont understand how a mascara can look trashy. perhaps the overall appearance of someone wearing it could.. but really, a mascara making someone look trashy? god forbid you try something different once in a while, right? they are not neon colors nor are they something you could only wear for halloween. i think they are wonderful for making eyes pop and different from the everyday, boring routine.. which apparently some people should stick to. come on, live a little.. try something new and different! goo to the dollar store and buy it before it's too late!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by hongthetran

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Go get this at your dollar tree store NOW! I got one of each color, tried it, loved it and wen back for a few extras. I have black lashes and the colors show up great. No clumps. I use base, wait for it to dry then apply the highlight color. Then when that dries, I swipe my fav black mascara just on the part of my lashes closest to the lid. This technique really makes the highlight color pop and helps keep my lashes looking thick. Love this stuff.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Ulta on super clearance a few months after the line was discontinued...and I LOVE it. It is a beautiful red brown, which looks great on me when I'm going for the "natural" look, and I love using just the gold as well, for a neat effect. I haven't actually tried layering them yet, but I will eventually.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by azncrow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I won this in a contest some time ago, in the color 24 Karat Brown with a brown end and a highlighting gold topcoat.

I usually like my mascara to be a deep black, but this provides a nice softer look with the brown. The wand is plastic, that helps with mostly defining and separating. I don't find that it lengthens or volumizes very much. This does look quite nice on my bottom lashes.

The gold highlight however, is not very good. It doesn't apply or show up very well on my lashes. And when it does, you can only see it in certain lights. At some angles it looks like a nice highlighted gold, and in others it seems like the lashes disappear! Then again I have light yellow-toned skin so that might be the reason for the "disappearing" in addition to lighting. Nice concept, but could be much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by fabflipper95

YOU MUST READ THIS! okay seriously listen to me, I've tried soooo many mascaras. and this one is AMAZING. It basically never clumps. and you may think that maybe it would be too bright or crazy, but its honestly not. I have brown eyes and use the navy one, and I also have the purpely/brown one. it looks amazing. It makes my eyes pop, and my eyelashes look fake. I have pretty long eyelashes, and this makes them look awesome. there perfectly seperated, and it gives them volume. I found this on clearance at ulta for $3.50. I only got it because of the color. I thought navy mascaras look good on me, I tried the Bad Gal navy one from benefit, and I thought since I have brown eyes the navy makes them look really good. I wasn't expecting much, but this is SERIOUSLY AMAZINNNGGG!!!!! please please please get it! if you get it you will love it forever! i dont use the highlight side beause its a little too crazy for me, but dont worry about the color it looks awesome. this gives my lashes soooo much volume. I LOVE IT! <3 <3 <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

First let me preface this by saying I am a 25 year old suit wearing banker, with an office and everything... OK got that out of my system... LOVE THIS MASCARA and I wear it to work on a semi-regular basis, with my professional business suits and heels. I have the one that has the burgundy/wine (burning bordeaux) colored mascara and the metallic lightish bright pink highlight. I have bright emerald green eyes, so wine is naturally my optimal shade of mascara, blacks tend to look way too harsh on me, since I have semi- deep set eyes and light brown, almost blonde hair. I bought this on a whim for $1.98 in the clearance bin at Ulta- and now, as long as they sell it I won't be without it. I generally apply the regular mascara and let it dry and then kind of blink into the highlight so the tops and bottoms of the very tips of my lashes are coated with the pink. I promise, it doesn't look like I"m walking out of the house with neon hot pink lashes, in fact you really can't tell, for the most part at all... except now and then I'll catch people kind of cocking their heads and looking at my eyes like they've caught a glimpse but they're really not sure. It's very intriguing. Kind of did I just see that? or did I not? Anyway! I'll probably pick this up in the navy and cobalt blue as well- it's really fun, and you can actually get away with it in a professional office setting as well. As for the mascara: I who have sensitive eyes have absolutely no problem with this mascara at all, doesn't cause any itching or burning, and it doesn't flake off, and it doesn't clump. It's great- I highly recommend it.

For those reviewers who say the highlight isn't visible, I think it might be in the way it's being applied, if you apply it like regular mascara, to the bottom of your lashes, of course it won't be visible, unless you're very tall and people are looking up at you. First, you HAVE to let the base coat dry first, else the highlight mixes with the base and it middies. As for applying, If you hold the want and blink a few times, so the highlight gets on the top side of your lashes as well, the highlight should be very subtly visible, if the lighting is right- I was standing at the fax machine a good 3 feet from my boss this afternoon and we were talking and all of a sudden she stopped in mid-sentence and said what color mascara are you wearing?! I said, why? What color does it look like?! and she said, it LOOKS like PINK! but just on the ENDS! I kid you not, she could see it from that far away. She then proceeded to ask me exactly where I got it because she wanted some to go with a dress she'd just gotten... so try applying it differently- you might be surprised!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

just to weird for me. but could be use for halloween or i may give to my sister who thinks she a super star (roll eyes)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by usherlover695

i only use the bottom coat, there is no point using the color coat, it just looks trashy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by melodysmommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only use the base coat, but that is one of the best mascaras I've ever used... doesn't clump... and I use a LOT of mascaras!