October 31, 2014 | 1201 users online

Pressed Powders - Chantecaille - Starlight Gold Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by teribarnett

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the dewy look and this set gives me that result. You can go heavy or light which gives you the control. Being in my 50's I never use powder on my face to set my makeup (I use a sheer foundation or dab concealer). I use this face powder as a shadow under the brow and a dab on the inside corner of my eyes to bighten that up. Also around the exterior area of my face - upper forehead, down the sides and bringing it a tad onto the cheek bone from the ear forward and not past the center of my eye. Also use it on tip of nose and center of chin. Sort of framing the face and highlighting. Love the shadow, use it only on the eye lid and a darker shade such as cocoa or bois in the crease. The gloss enhances my lipstick. I usually use liner but with this gloss I dont need to in the day time - love the formula - not to sticky. Actually I have given tubes of other brands away. This is the only gloss I like. Packaging, is light and I wouldnt want to keep something that doesnt have a refill anyway so the plastic is fine with me. Wish the gloss container allowed for a little brush. The Chantecaille line is new to me. This product and the two eyeshadows mentioned are all I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2007 9:28:00 PM More reviews by nionio

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

An exclusive for the 100 year anniversary, released in Winter 2007.
This collections comes with a face powder, an eyeshadow, and a lip gloss. Zipped in a golden travel case, made out of leather (exterior) and suede (interior). All 3 compacts are gold, different from the original silver nickel compact. The size wise, it's the same as the compact foundation, and the eyeshadow/lipgloss compacts.
Now for the face powder, it's molded into a multifaceted design. However, The top of the powder is very shimmery. When you open up the compact, the golden particles will enhance the 3-D effect of the multifaceted design, but when you turn the compact and look at the powder from a different angle, the powder will appear to be matte. The powder itself has shimmers in it too, but very finely milled, they are not glittery, and you almost don't see them unless you look up closely. I can't really tell the color of it's reflection especially when it changes with different lighting, and I'm assuming it's because that it's made out of real pearls. It's very similar to the Guerlain Meteorites, but the quality of the powder is far more superior than the meteorites. The texture of this powder is very creamy. This powder gives you a wonderful glow.
The eyeshadow that comes in this collection, however, is not gold. I was under the impression that it's going to be like an 18k gold e/s color, it's not. This is more like a rose-gold; gold with coppery undertone. This e/s has the same unique iridescent just like the powder that I described above, and just like all the Chantecaille eyeshadows, they blend so well. The texture is creamy, and very pigmented.
At Last, the lip gloss! Honestly speaking, the gloss is such a disappointment. Just like the powder and the eyeshadow, this too has the pearl shimmers, but I personally like to wear more pigmented gloss. So if this had just a bit more pigment in it, then I would of loved it.
Overall Rating = 5, even though I didn't like the gloss as much, I still think this set is very collectible. It's gorgeous to look at, very chic and convenient to bring along, since the leather pouch is fairly small. $180 USD, Very expensive but you get what you paid for.