November 28, 2014 | 1912 users online

Styling Products - Umberto Beverly Hills Curl Enhancing Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by blissful3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a great product...until they changed the formula. It now comes in a blushish container. The new one I bought, in the bluish container, did nothing for my hair. This was my HG product that would perfect my curls and give me shine but now it just leaves it flat and boring. I am so upset that they did something to make this product not work for me anymore. I recommend getting the one in the container that is showed in this photo, maybe from amazon or something but the ones you get at Target now are in the blueish container and is horrible.

Shame.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by sandwiches

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was out one day, looking for lotion for my curls when I remembered that I was in college. Saddened by this thought, and feeling how light my wallet had become, I spotted this lotion on the shelf. The price was okay, and it seemed to know what I wanted. I quickly snatched it up and put it in my bag, stealthily ringing it up at the cash register. What would my Catwalk cream think?
I got home, took a shower, and prepared for my first encounter with this new lotion. The cream looked like a particularly unmentionable fluid, possibly because I have the mind of a ten year old, and smelled a bit like salty dish detergent. "Hopefully nobody will ever know." I said as I wiped off the top of the bottle.
And nobody did. The strange smell did not linger in my hair, it just provided support for my natural curls, and for a good six months, too. They say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, and I say you shouldn't judge a hair product by its awkward sexual implications. I have purchased another bottle of the stuff. If loving it is wrong, let us be wrong and happy together.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by VersaillesVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This doesn't do much for my curls. No definition, still some frizz, limp and heavy. Really though, I find it nearly unusable because of the smell. It smells SO bad, like a cross between permed hair and must. Totally gross. Love his hairspray, but hate this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by JessicaJames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must have gotten a bad batch of this because it smelt like sewer water...straight to the garbage...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by BurberryBrit89

I was very surprised at this product. I tried it alone, but didn't like it at all. Then, because my TIGI leave in moisturizer is a pain to bring on trips because of the pump, I threw this in my bag along with the curling cream from catwalk curls (TIGI). I couldn't believe how well my hair curled with that combo.

Its about $5-$6 cheaper than TIGI products too. Will definitely be buying again once I use up my other products!

***** Editing this down from 5---> 2 because the smell became revolting to me after a while. Reminds me of chemicals/wet dog. I could smell it for a long time, too, so I didn't want others to smell it. Won't be buying again because my hair also seems too crunchy.*****

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by jessicamc44

Well I wouldn't call this a lotion, it's more of a thin gel, however the results are amazing. I have had more luck with this product than with any other curl enhancers. My curly hair is not the same in all places (ringlets in some parts, waves & loose curls in others) and this makes it look more uniform. When my hair is damp I run about a fifty cent piece size through my hair, scrunch a little, let it air dry and the add my mousse for extra body! Beautiful!! I have only found UBH products at target.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by cmayes71

Wonderful for permed hair. I mix a little of this with Paul Mitchell super sculpt styling glaze. It leaves my curls soft and springy. It controls flyaways well also.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by chocolie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to start by saying I have very fine, dry unmanageable hair and have a slight wave/loose curl. I first tried this product to enhance my waves and curls and use with the diffuser as it says, but I didn't find quite the results I was looking for. It may of been because I used too much for my fine hair. The next time I tried this, I put it on, combed through and used the regular attachement for the hair dryer. I was quite pleased with the results this time because I noticed for the first time since I went to a stylist that my hair was manageble and did not come out as frizzy after blow drying. I also turned my head upside down when blow drying for body after that I blow dried straight. The only thing is to be sure to use only a small amount otherwise this can weigh down fine hair. Overall, this works well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so happy with this whole product line and this was one of them. I applied a quarter size amount of the product to towel-dried hair as directed, and then applied mousse for extra hold. I had the most amazing, springy curls I had ever seen. It even rivaled my holy grail, which was Kerastase curly styling creme. It doesn't smell that good (earthy) and the top could use some work, but it is a great product and leaves good shine and definition.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2007 1:23:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: No longer a fave...something is different.

This is definitley one of the better curl definining products I have used. I have fine wavy/curly hair (2a). My curls are fine, but need weight to help them not be poofy...of course, some how I must still try to get some lift at the crown. Umberto BH Curl Enhancing Lotion (sold only at Target I think) does a really great job of all the above. I do like to use something for extra hold (Got2Be Volumptious Volume Mousse-or whatever it is called). I have yet to try a curl enhancing product with a winning scent...but this scent is subtle and does fade immediately. If you are always checking out curl enhancing products like me...this is a must try. Especially if "texture", "definition" and "lift" are some things you want. The only con is that I hate the cap...I have had it break on me from time to time. But I am on my 3rd bottle...so obviously, not a major problem. Give this stuff a try...it is really nice, affordable and easy to get your hands on.