Supracor - Spacells Facial Sponge

on 7/2/2015 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Despite all the fake, manufacturer-in-disguise reviews I've been seeing for this product, I decided to give it a chance anyway. My hair salon happened to be selling the facial mitt for $12, so I thought "eh, if it doesn't work out, it's not the worst thing ever." I basically just wanted something smaller, lighter, and simpler to pack in my luggage than my Clarisonic, for times when it just isn't practical (e.g., while hiking in the backcountry). On occasion, I also like to wash my face in the shower, but don't like to get my Clarisonic soaking wet. So, I initially tried the Dew Puff, but found that it was nearly impossible to rinse clean and took a long time to dry - not ideal. The Spacells mitt eliminates the problems I had with both of the other systems. It is very small, thin, and flexible, so it could be folded up to approximately the size of a "moist towelette." It dries almost instantly if you press it in a towel and then wipe the inside a bit - I honestly wouldn't even need to put it in a separate bag after using it. I do think that it's a bit awkward to get onto my (small) hand, but it's pretty straight forward to use. I used the clear side with my facial cleanser, then went over everything again with the green side. I strongly suggest just using the clear side for your face; I'm an exfoliation junky and even I felt like it was borderline too abrasive. The colored side actually felt kind of dry, despite plenty of water and product - that is how abrasive it is. It just doesn't glide over your skin very well and it felt more irritating than I expected, but it might work well for your hands. I don't think the mitt really "massaged" my face like it claims to, but I was actually very surprised by how smooth my face felt when I applied my Retin A afterward! I don't know that the mitt cleans as effectively as my Clarisonic Plus, but it obviously worked at least as well as using my hands and provided more exfoliation. I will definitely start packing it in place of my Clarisonic on trips and maybe even keep it in my shower for lazy days. As an added bonus, the mitt is made in America with recycled materials, and can be mailed back to the manufacturer to be recycled again when it's worn out. I'm honestly thinking about purchasing the body mitt, too...it would be so much easier than packing a loofah/mesh sponge in my luggage and keep me nicely exfoliated!

on 3/26/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wear layers of serums, moisturizer, sunscreen and foundation every day. I wash my face twice (once to remove makeup, then to actually cleanse) and while my skin looked clean I felt that I could use some deeper cleansing. I investigated the Clarisonic but was turned off by the price and the mixed reviews. However in researching the Clarisonic I kept coming across these recommendations for Spacells and decided to try one first. WOW. I am really impressed. These little rubbery pads are really an amazing invention. The clear side (light exfoliation) is just perfect for daily cleansing. I use it with my regular cleanser and really see a difference. It removes all traces of treatments and makeup, lightly exfoliates and leaves your skin feeling really, truly clean. The color side (extra exfoliation) is useful if you have peeling/flakies or want more of an intense massage feeling. With either side of the pad you can adjust intensity by applying more or less pressure with your fingers. The pads rinse easily and air dry; you can also wash them in the upper rack of the dishwasher if they get gunky.

I've been using a Spacell for 10 days and the only side effect I've noticed is what appears to be some light purging... very tiny pimples, not really whiteheads just tiny red blemishes. They come and go in a day or two. I attribute this to old clogged pores being cleared out. Apparently this purging is also very common with the Clarisonic so that's some evidence to me that the Spacells are comparable product. I will update after this purging phase hopefully ends.

UPDATE: I switched to using the Spacell at night only and the purging immediately stopped. Perhaps using 2x day is too much to start with.... continued >>

on 11/22/2009 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just had a Vibraderm with a Diamond Peel and my esthetician told me about this new product she just got in. She had it on sale for only $ 13 (about what you can find it for on their website) which is a GREAT price! She said it can last up to 2 years! She raved about it so much, I thought it was a little silly. Afterall, it's just a different type of washcloth, right? Was I wrong! I LOVED my first use of this product. I felt like my face was SO CLEAN with using it! I also love how just rinsing the sponge and letting it air dry is so low maintenance. I've noticed my skin dulling with age. Now I don't have to waste money on exfoliators. I just wet my face, wet the Spacells Facial Sponge, rub it on my bar of Cetaphyil and when use the clear side to wash my face and neck. Now I know what I will be getting my friends & families for Christmas this year! Great stocking stuffer.......

on 3/7/2009 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great exfoliating product. I was considering the Clarisonic brush, but decided to try something less expensive first. Glad I did. I use this with Dove Sensitive Skin cleansing bar and my skin is great. I've had acne to differing degrees since my teens (I am now 38). My pores are much less clogged, blackheads disappearing & breakouts reduced. And my skin seems to look younger and plumper. I had tried some of the PC BHAs in the past and I think this works better for exfoliation. I have one at the sink, one in the shower and the third in my travel bag. I use the clear side on my face, chest & back. Colored side on my arms & legs occasionally. Good purchase as they should last a very long time.

on 3/3/2009 11:18:00 PM

I absolutely love this facial sponge!! I have never used anything like it before!! It is the best exfoliating facial product I have ever used!! It does not irritate you. All you need is your favorite regular cleanser and see amazing results!! I have used many exfoliating pads, cleansers, etc. and nothing matches this sponge in my opinion. It has two sides to the sponge. One side is clear and is used to exfoliate and cleanse your face, the other side is a massager which is much more coarse. I use that side for the back of my hands and it does wonders!! I think the coarse side is too harsh for the face. The clear side just amazes me, because it exfoliates so well and actually feels great! You don't have to rub hard, just go in regular circular motions and WOW what a difference!! I will never use another facial scrub again if this sponge continues to work like this. It has made my face more smooth, even toned, and glowier than anything else I have used. That is a big plus at my age. You can get this and the Bath Mitt which is equally awesome for your body at SUPRACOR website. They are expensive, but well worth it since you won't need to buy anymore scrub products. The facial sponge sells for 12.00 and the bath mitt sells for 32.00. However, I got both of mine off of ebay for 30.00 including shipping. Try these, you won't regret it!!

on 2/25/2009 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this in a tri-pack (blue, yellow and purple) from bliss.com. This is a great exfoliating product that you can use with your daily face wash, so it's pretty economical. The sponge is made of some sort of rubbery plastic, but it's good quality. One side is more abrasive than the other, so you can pick which level of exfoliation you'd like to go with. I usually use the thinner, see-through plastic side since it's gentler on my skin. My face always feel so smooth and soft after I use the facial sponge with my foaming cleanser. The sponge also dries fairly quickly so it's great for travel.

on 7/24/2008 1:03:00 AM

Thank you aligator! I just got it today, and washed my face, then took a nap. When I woke up, I thought I had makeup on, my skin looked so good. I'll check back if I have anything new to add, but this thing seems to be AMAZING!

on 12/1/2007 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

i am in love with this facial sponge!! it's not really a sponge but more like a mitt you use with your fingers. my friend got this for me for my birthday and it was my favorite present! it is purple on one side and clear on the other. i use the clear side on my face and the purple side on the back of my hands. supracor products are naturally antibacterial, antifungal and mildew resistant so it is really easy to take care of! just rinse and air dry! the flexing action of the honeycomb cells exfoliates the skin while their massaging action helps to eliminate the toxins that produce cellulite. spacells stimulate blood and lymph flow to decrease puffiness and promote cellular regeneration. i love this product so much! you have to try it for yourself to believe it!!

Popular Face Skincare Products