December 21, 2014 | 1321 users online

Eye Shadow - TheBalm - Shady Lady Shadow Liner - Curvy Cami

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is like Trax's cousin. More wearable, more glammed up, and most importantly, more pigmented. I own this in both single form, and in my ShadyLady vol. 1, and I only said I would repurchase just to bring the rating up a bit. I'll probably never have to repurchase in my life lol.
This is a lovely medium-toned purple with both a gold sheen and the slightest silver sparkle. It definitely has a lot more pink to it than Trax and I'm comfortable wearing this closer to my lash line without fear of looking like I'd been in a catfight the night before. This brings out my hazel eyes magnificently, and after this is blended into my crease, I go for matte colors for the rest of the eye look, since this shade is so sparkly. Luckily for me, I didn't experience any fallout with this, as the sparkle is very fine. At the end, I just finish with an eggplant liner (I tend to like UD Rockstar 24/7 paired with this shadow, if I'm going light on the lid), and I'm good to go! Stays vibrant all day, and I mean ALL...DAY... And for some reason, I like this particular shade in single form a bit more than palette form, because the texture of the single shadow is strangely a lot smoother and creamier; the Curvi Cami in my palette is just a bit of a drier texture, which I find weird, but whatever.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by jessybaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have TheBalm's Shady Lady Palette from Sephora, and this is my least favorite shadow out of the nine. Pretty color, but it's a little too shimmery for my taste. If you're a fan of lots of shimmer however, I would recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been on the hunt for a great plum-colored e/s so I couldn't resist ordering Curvy Cami during Sephora FF. When it arrived, I was somewhat disappointed to see that Curvy Cami looked realy similar in the package to MAC Trax. I love Trax and find it quite flattering on my green hazel eyes but I was hoping for something darker. Upon application, the differences between Curvy Cami and Trax become more apparent; CC is rosier and the shimmer is smaller and less obvious. Also, I find that the shimmer in CC is more of a neutral gold whereas the shimmer in Trax is more coppery. For ladies who find that Trax can make them look bruised, CC might be a good alternative. I would not repurchase simply because CC is quite similar to Trax and I honestly think that Trax is a little more flattering on me. Also, I can use Trax wet as a daytime eyeliner, but when I try to do this with CC it just doesn't have as much "oomph" as Trax (the purple tones in CC don't show up as well on me). Still, the pigmentation, blendability, and staying power of CC is excellent. I have not looked at the actual weight of the product but the e/s pan seems to be generously sized and the packaging feels sturdy (also includes a mirror). I would definitely recommend Curvy Cami to anyone who likes the idea of Trax but found it hard to wear.