April 19, 2014 | 1514 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Katten1

I bought a sample of this parfume but it did not smell anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by iodine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AS WITH cjxtypes's review, I totally agree. Why did they call it #5 if all you're left with is plain old vanilla? I can get that in my kitchen cabinet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by discoclemonade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Eau premiere is the child of no.5, the child that has learned a lot from mother. I have to say I am a huge fan of no.5 but not for an everyday perfume. Eau premiere changes all of that. It's a scent that accompanies any look from casual to full out glamour. It's a scent that whispers "look at me", a scent that is sophisticated and fresh but classic. A scent that leaves an impression. I get compliments numerous times a day from all different types of people when wearing eau premiere. Very good sillage and super long lasting. A must have.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by cjxtypes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Up until recently I've always had this strange love/hate relationship with Chanel No. 5. On me, most of my life it always smelled just wee bit like, well, melted plastic. I guess as I've gotten older and my body chemistry has changed its smell quite so bad, actually a bit like lemon custard on its way to dry down, although they say technically call it a floral fragrance. .. so when I read the description CHANEL NO.5 PREMEIRE I thought it would be everything I hoped and dream the original would be for me and my body chemistry. Not so much. After the lovely citrusy top notes dry down, which on me happens in a matter of 5 minutes I'm left with nothing less then plain old bland vanilla. The end. I could get something like that at Bath and Body Works for a 3/4 less of the price.With the original (on me at least) the fragrance morphs throughout the day. The aldehydes in the top notes start clean, then morph to melted plastic (eww) the back to clean, then to lemon custard, then onto floral and finally to soft amber.... I understand fully when people call it complex perfume. PREMEIRE I wish I could say more. So glad I didn't purchase and just took a generous sample. For the original No. 5, I also took generous samples and even wore it albeit a little self consciously to work. I even got compliments on it! ..... For those who have always shy away from No 5 give it another try. I guarantee what you start with on that first spritz will NOT bewhat you're left with for the remainer of the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely worth trying even if you do not like the original. Eau Premiere is the most popular Chanel fragrance in MUA Top Picks.

A child of iconic No.5, I guess Eau Premiere will make many of us wonder how it relates to No.5. That question may be loaded with a lot of emotion for perfume lovers as Chanel No.5 causes many strong reactions. From what I have seen, some people love it and some do not; but not many people are indifferent to it. I personally prefer newer formulations of No.5 that I think are cleaner, versatile, both comfortable and elegant. Of colours, I associate it with bronze with a dim shimmer.

In comparison to that, Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere is white or pink gold. It is vibrant, greener and airier and ultimately cleaner. As a creative artifact it takes less risks but it is in no way a bland, dull rendering lacking character. If you like aldehydes, it will offer you a modern experience of them, still purring on your skin with a warm soapy feel. If you are a hater of the original, it will provide you with the opportunity to experience something that is easier to wear, less animalic but still very very present, chic and charismatic. It is a more likeable version of Chanel No.5 as if the company conducted some research and took out the parts the audiences did not like.

I think this is represented in MUA statistics as well. At the moment Eau Premiere is the most popular Chanel fragrance in MUA Top Picks with an average of 4.3. So it gets a lot of love from us here.

My personal feeling is that it is definitely worth a bottle and it would handle every sort of occasion really well.

Medium sillage and very good lasting power on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love the Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere and I keep reaching out for it especially during the Fall/Autumn and Winter months. It makes me feel special and it always smells special and expensive on me. It has to be one of my favorite perfumes and I hope that Chanel will never stop making it.

It smells way better than original Chanel No. 5 to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a woman smell not a little girls. Much lighter, easier than the original 5. If No.5 scared you away, spray this, and try again.This is an absolutely gorgeous, glamorous, extravagant perfume. I would want to wear this primarily for fall/winter but its lighter, fresher, more floral than the original so you could also wear it all seasons . Or anytime to feel fancy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by lizzard11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

As summer turns into fall I look to a slightly heavier scent, I am so in love with this. I have the original Chanel 5, and it still says a more mature scent to me, and I'm one of those mature girls. I love the Eau Premiere, without a doubt it has become my signature "fall/winter" go to scent. So as fall becomes winter I'll settle back and enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This may perhaps be my favorite fragrance of all time. I've been looking for a signature fragrance for a while now, but nothing ever quite hit the spot for me. Being in my early 20's, I am frequently encouraged to try the fruity or overly sweet fragrances of more recent years, in addition to the celebrity additions. Recently my tastes have changed and I became more attracted to more sophisticated, classic scents, growing tired of my old gourmand orientals like Dior Hypnotic Poison and Hanae Mori. It dawned on me on my 21st birthday what kind of woman I wanted to be: classy, sophisticated, feminine, and yet strong. And thus began the search for my perfect scent.

The Chanel No. 5 woman always lurked in the back of my mind, but being so young I feared the fragrance would overpower me and wouldn't quite fit. Recently however, I tried the "Eau Premiere" and realized that it captured the heart of the No. 5 Eau de Toilette, but without the metallic, harsh opening. Instead I was instantly captivated by the soft, powdery floral that had no such harshness of the original. I am not one for writing about fragrance as I lack the sophisticated words to describe the notes, but all I can say is that this is perfect for a young woman that loves the glamour and elegance of yore, but wants a fragrance that is still rather transitional. Its classic but with a modern touch.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by jemapellegizem

If I could give this perfume no stars, I would. I tried it after I read all the reviews, I wanted to find out what all the fuss is about: I still haven't found out. It smells like my grandmother's great grandmother.