September 30, 2014 | 1573 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by carboholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unfortunately all I get from this is powder. It smells just like Cashmere Mist on me. I gave it 2/5 because the longevity is decent, but the fragrance is not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by ultrasensitive888

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere is a surprise; Unlike original No. 5, it is dynamic, exhilarating. It opens and evokes a refreshing melodic symphony of lively citrus (lemon) top note, rose, jasmine so smooth and well orchestrated. This is a sensory pleasure that exudes happiness and a feeling of elegance.

Although, there is a warm musky green drydown that is very out of place that fortunately fades out quickly. Instead of the clear bottle, my preference is for the purse size travel-friendly packaging with a refillable outer casing that preserves the fragrance. No. 5 EP in 100 ml seems easy to overspray making the musky drydown more prominent. Overall, it is an exuberant experience. A little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by msdixiemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always been a fan of Chanel fragrances. No. 19 and Coco are incredible on me. Sadly, not so with No.5. That all time classic just does not work with my body chemistry--- although I love it in the bottle and on everyone else. I sampled the Eau Premiere on a whim--- typically I just don't go for the altered versions of originals-- they never seem to measure up, in my opinion. But something about the formulation of Eau Premiere just works with me. It isn't No.5...... But it is a very close sister, and it lets me experience elements of that classic in a fresh, soft, beautiful way.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by shadedmaryy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to use quite a lot, so think that the regular No 5 is more economical.
Barely there is how I would describe this, lovely but ultra soft fragrance. The smell is different to the normal No 5 in a very subtle way, less sweet perhaps and slightly lemon or more like blueberry or maybe its Bergamot I can smell in this, but its very pretty and well rounded but a bit too soft. A little does NOT go a long way. I have to use quite a lot to get a little sillage but then it does last all day.
Most people do not go to the dinner party trying to knock people out with their fragrance ? I love a soft elegant fragrance for dinners.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Katten1

I bought a sample of this parfume but it did not smell anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by iodine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AS WITH cjxtypes's review, I totally agree. Why did they call it #5 if all you're left with is plain old vanilla? I can get that in my kitchen cabinet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by discoclemonade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Eau premiere is the child of no.5, the child that has learned a lot from mother. I have to say I am a huge fan of no.5 but not for an everyday perfume. Eau premiere changes all of that. It's a scent that accompanies any look from casual to full out glamour. It's a scent that whispers "look at me", a scent that is sophisticated and fresh but classic. A scent that leaves an impression. I get compliments numerous times a day from all different types of people when wearing eau premiere. Very good sillage and super long lasting. A must have.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by cjxtypes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Up until recently I've always had this strange love/hate relationship with Chanel No. 5. On me, most of my life it always smelled just wee bit like, well, melted plastic. I guess as I've gotten older and my body chemistry has changed its smell quite so bad, actually a bit like lemon custard on its way to dry down, although they say technically call it a floral fragrance. .. so when I read the description CHANEL NO.5 PREMEIRE I thought it would be everything I hoped and dream the original would be for me and my body chemistry. Not so much. After the lovely citrusy top notes dry down, which on me happens in a matter of 5 minutes I'm left with nothing less then plain old bland vanilla. The end. I could get something like that at Bath and Body Works for a 3/4 less of the price.With the original (on me at least) the fragrance morphs throughout the day. The aldehydes in the top notes start clean, then morph to melted plastic (eww) the back to clean, then to lemon custard, then onto floral and finally to soft amber.... I understand fully when people call it complex perfume. PREMEIRE I wish I could say more. So glad I didn't purchase and just took a generous sample. For the original No. 5, I also took generous samples and even wore it albeit a little self consciously to work. I even got compliments on it! ..... For those who have always shy away from No 5 give it another try. I guarantee what you start with on that first spritz will NOT bewhat you're left with for the remainer of the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely worth trying even if you do not like the original. Eau Premiere is the most popular Chanel fragrance in MUA Top Picks.

A child of iconic No.5, I guess Eau Premiere will make many of us wonder how it relates to No.5. That question may be loaded with a lot of emotion for perfume lovers as Chanel No.5 causes many strong reactions. From what I have seen, some people love it and some do not; but not many people are indifferent to it. I personally prefer newer formulations of No.5 that I think are cleaner, versatile, both comfortable and elegant. Of colours, I associate it with bronze with a dim shimmer.

In comparison to that, Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere is white or pink gold. It is vibrant, greener and airier and ultimately cleaner. As a creative artifact it takes less risks but it is in no way a bland, dull rendering lacking character. If you like aldehydes, it will offer you a modern experience of them, still purring on your skin with a warm soapy feel. If you are a hater of the original, it will provide you with the opportunity to experience something that is easier to wear, less animalic but still very very present, chic and charismatic. It is a more likeable version of Chanel No.5 as if the company conducted some research and took out the parts the audiences did not like.

I think this is represented in MUA statistics as well. At the moment Eau Premiere is the most popular Chanel fragrance in MUA Top Picks with an average of 4.3. So it gets a lot of love from us here.

My personal feeling is that it is definitely worth a bottle and it would handle every sort of occasion really well.

Medium sillage and very good lasting power on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love the Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere and I keep reaching out for it especially during the Fall/Autumn and Winter months. It makes me feel special and it always smells special and expensive on me. It has to be one of my favorite perfumes and I hope that Chanel will never stop making it.

It smells way better than original Chanel No. 5 to me.