July 23, 2014 | 2011 users online

Powder - Emani - pressed mineral foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

This is a great powder. I like to sweep it over a BB cream or tinted moisturizer but it works well alone too. It has a nice semi-matte finish and doesn't break me out. I feel that it looks very natural and I like the packaging. Probably the best mineral powder I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by StarStylista

I use Warm Beige 1002. I have the skin of the average white girl. I work in a salon that sells Emani makeup and two other very good brands. this makeup has full coverage!!! Not much is needed. I also use the emani concealer. Im so used to useing it but w/ this foundation its not really needed. Its just for added coverage where needed. Emani is 100% vegan, paraben free (which is an ingredient that has been found in cancer tuors), talc free (which is what is in cheap makeup and clogs ur pores), mineral and proven to clear ur skin w/in 30days of use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this a few months ago in the shade Natural Sand, which was a bit too pink based for my NC 15 skin with golden undertones. I never got to try the Linen shade, which seems to be their lightest golden based shade, but it seems it's too dark for NC 15 skin tone.

Overall, when applied with a flocked sponge, this product gives full coverage, but when applied with a brush, it's medium. It stayed put on my oily skin all day and the product lasted about 2 months (I wasn't using it every day). Unfortunately, you will need to apply a few layers to get full coverage, so it goes fast. It didn't help with oily skin because the particles are very fine, but I think the silicones that are in it help with keeping it put all day, despite the oil breakthrough. Silicones should be avoided, though.

It didn't bother my skin in any way and left a dewy type of finish, without it being overtly shiny or sparkly. It was more of a mild sheen. It made my skin look really nice in pictures.

I did like the product, but I can't say it's worth the price that Emani charges. Since the color was not a close enough match for my skin tone, I won't repurchase because of the steep price. Plus, Emani charges a ridiculous amount for shipping (7.95) and only offers free shipping with a purchase of 75 dollars or more. I purchased Natural Sand on Ebay for 10 bucks with free shipping, but haven't been able to find that deal again. So, since Emani seems to be ripping their customers off, I won't buy into that philosophy. There's too many other mineral makeup brands out there that offer better deals at affordable prices because they keep in mind that the Economy is hard on all of us.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by syndisome

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I didn't like this. I bought two colors (Ginger and Linen) which matches my NC 20-25 skin color. It was finely milled and went on smoothly when I tested it at the store. Although after repeated use it started to irritate my skin. I would notice on days where I don't wear this my cheeks would be smooth, and on days I do - I would have flakes of dry skin. The ingredients are: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Grape (Citrus Grandis) Seed Extract, Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77499). The mica and titanium dioxide make it not photograph nicely and a little obvious when I wear it on. Cyclomethicone and dimethicone are variations of silicon and I believe the rosemary extract in it irritated my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by pimenta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in nude beige, it's almost a perfect match to my NW20-25 complexion, I find it just a bit darker and yellow than my skin but still looks natural when I apply it.
It gives medium coverage.

Pros:
it's much more convenient than the traditional mineral powder
It only has natural ingredients, no talc or parabens.
The package is very practical and you get a good quantity

Cons:
It breaks very easily, I took on a travel and it was all cracked when I opened it after.
I also find the powder falls-out a lot, I always end up with the counter messy when I finish applying this.
I don't think it looks as natural as other mineral pressed foundations like glominerals or becca

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this. This is my hg powder foundation. I have been using this for half a year and so far it has not break out my acne prone skin and Emani has a great color selection. The powder feels buttery smooth and I use a powder foundation brush from this line to apply or my elf flat top powder brush. I love how this does not have talc and it's vegan.It is also build able without looking cakey. This does not have heavy coverage so ladies who are looking for heavy coverage should use a liquid foundation under this and use this powder foundation on top of it. It gives a semi matte finish.

For reference I am Nc 20 -25 with combination normal to oily acne prone skin. The color that i use from this line is Linen (has slight yellow undertones). Perfect match for me.

If you are NW 20-25 you should be Nude beige. I have this and it seem to match cooler undertones.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by dashie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is quite nice. Not good if you are after a heavy coverage though. It is good for days when you dont want to wear much makeup, or if you are going to the beach or gym and just want a bit of coverage. It is very long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by jabdrabo

I have been all over the map trying to find that perfect foundation. Honestly, I have tried EVERYTHING, both in department stores and drug stores to work with my acne-prone, oily, sensitive skin. Plus, I have hard to match, NC 30 skin. After getting sick of the way my skin would feel with liquid foundation, I moved on to minerals. I tried Bare Minerals (just awful if you have active, bumpy acne as it accentuates it), Revlon minerals, Neutrogena minerals (gets oily on me), and Alima mineral makeup. I love that Alima makeup doesn't have bismuth, but I couldn't seem to find a perfect match. When I took pics with Alima matte foundation on, my skin looked non-dimensional, if that makes sense. I was getting so frustrated, because I wanted to use the best makeup with the least amount of chemicals on my skin, as my skin tends to react to EVERYTHING. Finally, I stumbled upon Emani pressed foundation. OMG perfection! It feels incredibly soft and natural, plus it matches perfectly. It doesn't make my skin oiler, and it also does NOT have bismuth oxy, which is AWFUL for acne-prone skin. Also, I use Emani's mineral concealer/powder duo. It's honestly the best concealer I have ever used in my entire life. I pat a tiny bit onto my acne scars, and they disappear. Then I lightly buff on the pressed mineral foundation with Emani's vegan brush, and I look perfect. Plus, in the sunlight and in photos, my skin looks amazing. My foundation search is over, thankfully!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 6:20:00 AM More reviews by JamieBionic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a foundation powder so I could give up the 2 step application of powder and liquid foundation as well as tone down my skinís oiliness at the end of the day, even my skin tone yet not cover my freckles and have it be inexpensive. This did all of it for me. I use the mineral foundation powder, not the pressed. I tried ID Minerals/Bare Escentuals, which was too covering and the colors didnít match my skin, not to mention that it expires about 9 months from the time you purchase it. I've also seen several girls with major acne at my salon who use too much ID Minerals foundation powder on their acne-prone skin. It looks dreadful! If you're having that many breakouts, cover with concealer and foundation, donít just cake on powder no matter how much coverage it gives.

Emaniís foundation powder does contains mica which is claimed to absorb into the skin but the body isn't able to excrete it. It is a less expensive alternative to ID Minerals which runs $40 a container. It doesnít have an expiration date either. What I love about the foundation powders is the flawless look with the application of 1 brush. My skin can breath for once. They have a better selection for yellow-toned skin than ID and at half the price, it doesnít make me feel so guilty when I have to buy a second color to match my summer tanned skin. I love that a little goes a long way. If I want more coverage, I just layer more on. With liquid, you get less control. Itís not advised, but if you donít wash your face before bed it doesnít hurt because the make up is so natural. My face doesnít break out like before with drug store brand liquid and pressed foundations. It feels the least heavy on my face out of the three. I would also recommend using the pressed foundation powder but applying it with a powder brush for a more lightweight feel and more natural look.

I use Earthís Beauty Mineral Colours Foundation Powder as a base so that my sensitive/dry skin doesnít get itchy when I sweat. Itís mica-free. Neither the Emani foundation powder nor the Earthís Beauty rub off on peopleís clothes when Iím sweaty and active, even when I'm rolling around in jiu-jitsu.

Cost $15 at Vitamin City in Long Beach or $19 online.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by droberson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my every day foundation. I like the loose mineral foundations as well but they're too messy sometimes. I like the ease and convenience of a compact and sponge. The good part about this foundation is that the sponge is stored in the compact below the foundation. I found Emani at my local health food store.