October 25, 2014 | 1741 users online

Treatments (Face) - Desert Essence - Pomegranate Face Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have VERY oily skin, so I neither need nor want a very emollient product. Even though this serum seems to me to be more like a lotion than a serum, it works well for me. I smooth a small amount of the serum on my face every night at bedtime, before I use my beta hydroxyl acid gel, and I've experienced no irritation, no break-outs, and no stickiness. I've been using this serum for several months now, and my skin, which was not bad to start with, seems brighter and smoother.

This serum is cruelty-free and reasonably priced. What's not to like? I'm staying with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Dandylionfields

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this serum. It's packed with organic and active ingredients and very reasonably priced. I'm so tired of paying through the nose for expensively packaged and marketed products loaded with chemicals and virtually no active ingredients. My tube doesn't contain any aluminum as mentioned by someone else.
I don't find it sticky at all and because I have oily skin, I don't need a moisturizer anyway. In fact, it makes my skin look soft and matt for hours afterwards.
The only downside is that it's sold out half the time at my health food store so I've learned to pick up an extra tube when it's in stock. I also use their pomegrante face wash which is nice and doesn't strip the skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Can't say for the anti-aging effects yet. No cones, yay (they clog my pores)! Natural ingredients??(see "cons.")

CONS: Does have a pretty strong scent (but it is a "natural" scent.) It has something in it that I think I'm allergic to because my nose starts running like crazy; almost smells like weeds from outdoors. The texture left on the skin is slightly sticky whether I rub or pat it on (basically, no matter how much or how I put it on.) I'm not sure how I feel about "Magnesium Aluminum Silicate" being in a natural products line.

ALTERNATES: I love Derma E's Hyaluronic Acid Serum. Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase has a Lift & Resculpt Serum.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by kaitlin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great natural face serum--not moisturizing but use it prior to using a face cream /lotion and it gives a great non-irritating antioxidant base

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by BBock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall I really liked this. I used the whole tube but have since switched to a night cream because it is now the dead of winter and I need extra moisturizing. It felt nice and light going on, made my face a little brighter/smoother, and never irritated my skin. I loved that it contained all natural ingreditents.

For everyone who ever complains about a serum being sticky; (and I read this complaint on EVERY serum review) do not rub it into your skin for a long period of time and it won't feel this way. I gently patted this on still damp skin and it never felt sticky to me. I have noticed if I was mindlessly applying for too long it did begin to feel slightly sticky- but this is true of any serum I've used. Just pat it on and let the product sink into your skin.

For those who complain about this not being hydrating enough, remember it is a serum and not a moisturizer. I did find it to be hydrating but I would still never use it without a moisturizer on top, because it's not meant for that. During the summer I was definitely able to use only this as the last step of my night routine because of how humid it was. Overall I really liked this product and I think people should give it a try. Don't let the negative reviews deter you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Bluekittykat8

I really am enjoying this product. It is a cream but a little seems to go a long way. It has just enough moisturizing in it and feels good going on. I noticed that my face looked brighter and smoother. So far so good. I'll give an update in a few weeks. Enjoy!!

Edit 12/13/09 Yep I still am liking this. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by mejae6666

it is true that is sticky! it is great with dry skin- it helps moisturize, i put it on my face, hands. there's a lot in the tube which can last a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by summerinparis

Good product, good smell.
Very good ingredients, all natural. about $13.
Comes in a tube, really convenient.
My skin feels great with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Lutskis1

I just purchased this serum, so it may be a bit too early to review, but I'm not loving it so far. I don't find it to be particularly hydrating and it feels a bit sticky going on. I felt like I had to use more than I should just to get it to apply evenly. I have combo skin which has been getting oily throughout the day. I can't blame this on the serum as my skin often gets quite shiny, but I don't feel like it's done much of anything. I bought this because I really wanted the Desert Essence Daily Essentials Moisturizer and they were out of that. I think I will order that online...we'll see about this. May put it up for swap soon.