November 22, 2014 | 1677 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Desert Essence - Pomegranate Eye Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by realmakeovers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on-line where many health & beauty items are sold. Honestly, I needed to spend enough to get the free shipping. So, I decided I'd give this eye serum a try. It had a slight rancid smell. I tried it anyway. It actually felt fine. Not sticky @ all. However, the smell bothered me. Plus, there was no expiration date. I called the toll free # for Desert Essence. The # on the crimp of the tube indicates when the product was manufactured. 2010 which means it's been on the shelf for almost 4 years!! The company said I could send the product back to them. I'd either get a refund or a replacement.

I think I'd still like to give this product a try. I just wish the expiration date was on the box.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by av315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is just blah in my opinion. It's the first eye serum I've ever bought so maybe it's working WONDERS without me knowing it but I doubt it. It did not irritate at all and the price was relatively reasonable. If anyone knows of an unbelievable eye serum or eye cream that feels great going on and that has natural ingredients or if anyone can recommend a carrier oil that works well for eyes, would love suggestions!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Bluekittykat8

I like that it doesn't feel all heavy on my face. I really like how it sinks in to my skin. If nothing else it at least feels softer there under my eye. I am loving the whole pomegranate skin care line. It feels so good and have seen a difference in my skin. =)

Edit: This is just okay, I don't really know if I really like this anymore it just doesn't really do anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by SuperAmandaRocks

Fabulous eye gel! Easily one of the best! This works well night and day and with makeup. The tube lasts and lasts. Mostly organic and all natural ingredients as well. If you want to start switching to paraben and chemical free products this eye gel is great. Much higher concentration of Pom fruit than Murad and far superior to their Pom fruit line. The Desert essence Pomegranate FACE serum is also good though its all natural scent might turn people off and it is fairly heavy so it's more of an all natural night cream-but DON'T MISS THIS GREAT EYE GEL!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by alicerc3

This product did not get rid of my lines around my eyes, but it did prevent new ones. Price was ok for the size you get.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a few months, and I'm very happy with it. This "serum" looks more like a gel, and it should be applied sparingly and patted into the skin gently. I've experienced no irritation and no "milia" while using it. It hasn't erased the few fine lines that I have around my eyes, but nothing can really do that! Instead, it keeps my skin feeling soft and healthy, which probably prevents further lines from forming. My skin tends to be oily on the rest of my face, so this product is moisturizing enough for my eye area. One minor complaint: if I'm not careful, too much product comes out of the tube at once and gets wasted. Too bad DE didn't use a pump bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by helloitsio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pleasantly surprised by how good this serum is. I was using Burts Bees eye creams prior, the Royal Jelly and Radiance, and while they gave good moisture, they also didn't do much for lines and caused milia.

I saw this product on sale at Vitamin World and decided to give it a try. It was only $13. The first few times I put it on after cleansing, the skin would get hot and sting a bit. It was uncomfortable but not enough to detract me. I've been using it daily now any applying HA serum over it. My fine lines are getting filled in (although it could be from the HA) and no milia. I like.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Lutskis1

I just bought this eye serum and tried if for the first few times, so it may be a bit too early to review, but so far I'm really happy with this product. I am particularly hard to please with eye serums and creams, so I'm actually quite shocked at how impressed I am with this after only a few uses. I've been using the serum day and night, after cleansing. It's a gel, yet very hydrating and firming. I've also layered my Juice Beauty Green Apple Nutrient Eye Cream over it, as I have extremely dry skin around my eyes. I have a feeling, however, that I may be able to get away with just this serum during the day. We'll see. I'll post an update, but thought I'd share how it's been so far. Love that this is all-natural and less than $10! My only complaint...hate that it's in a tube...it's a bit messy. Would much prefer a pump bottle! *Update*--This is starting to be a little sticky on me and isn't hydrating enough. This is likely just me- the skin around my eyes is exceptionally dry.