April 21, 2014 | 1422 users online

Treatments (Eye) - RoC - Retinol correxion eye cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this eye cream for about a month, and am very pleased with the results. Rather than having puffiness, my undereye area can tend to appear sunken in with darker areas in and below the inner corners of my eyes. (I'm also fair-skinned, so this can tend to give me the Wednesday Addams/Winona-Ryder-in-Beetlejuice look.) The cream seems to plump the area under the eyes, making me look more awake and healthier. I've noticed fewer wrinkles, as well. I apply it in the morning and at night, between cleaning and moisturizing and have experienced no problems with skin irritation or burning eyes. It's a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Being 25, I don't really have wrinkles around my eyes just yet. What I DO have is incredibly dark circles. It took me a very long time to figure out what the cause of my particular problem was, but I eventually deduced that it was thin skin.

Enter RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream. This stuff works wonders on brightening up my eye area because of the retinol in the product, which stimulates collagen production in your skin (both plumping it but also with continued use, slight thickening of the skin).

This cream is light weight, melts right in, and really does wonders for making my face look brighter. A product with a higher dose of retinol would probably be even better for your skin, but it is much less harsh to use on the delicate undereye areas than, say, retin-a.

If you have dark circles due to thin skin, I highly recommend trying out this eye cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by mariaterzian

i have to say I wanted to love this eye cream, so I ve been using it for more than 6 months. I do not have wrinkles but I have dark circles under my eyes. It stings a little bit. I didnt notice any change on my eyes and under-eye area. And it seems to be a little too thin for me. Im going to switch to Clinique to see if it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by lindsayeileen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product off and on for about a year and a half. I noticed a huge difference when I wasn't using it so it has become an absolute necessity over the past few months. My sister once mentioned to me that I had "accordion eyes," meaning that they wrinkled up like an accordion when I would smile (she's a jerk, I know). Since using this with consistency, the lines around my eyes have been reduced tremendously! It doesn't completely get rid of lines (in my opinion, nothing will) but I've had a noticeable improvement and this will continue to be a staple in my beauty regimen.

Some people have mentioned a stinging, burning, or itching effect. Well, it has retinol in it and the packaging even warns of these side effects. I don't think the product should receive negative feedback for this because it's a common reaction if you're sensitive to retinol. I'm not sure if they still make it, but there used to be a formulation for sensitive skin.

This has been a wonderful product for me and I would recommend that if the side effects aren't unbearable, stick with it for a while! No product is going to work overnight so give it a fair shot! I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by absdeinn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of the worst eye creams I have ever used. It is supposed to provide moisture and help lessen fine lines and wrinkles. All this did is dry up my eyes and provide more wrinkles. It burns and sting my eyes. Probably this is not suitable for those with sensitive and thinner skin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Kaskelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for about 6 months now so I feel like this is a good time to review. I am 24 years old so i don't have horrible problems with wrinkling but I do have some fine lines. I've been wearing more make up recently and the concealers under my eye area settling in to fine lines have gotten me to notice them more. I figured it's best to try and take care of them earlier than later. I experienced no stinging or irritation from this product which is always good. I used this product at night time only, mostly because I am lazy and I would forget to apply at night time too sometimes. But hey no one's perfect right?
I bought this after reading reviews but I was still skeptical. so the first 2 weeks or so, I stared at my under eye area more so than ever. I saw results after a week. Not amazing results, I warn you. Just that the fine lines were less noticeable. However after a couple weeks, I noticed that the product had slowed down on its effectiveness dramatically. I don't know if it's because retinol is such an unstable product or if it was too hard to notice improvement since my fine lines are very fine. Anyways, it was a bit disappointing that it pretty much stopped working but I continued to use it since I hate wasting things.
6 months later, I do notice that some of the fine lines are gone, and some are less visible. I still have about 1/3 tube left so it is long lasting for me. I can't remember how much I paid for this but I would say it was worth it since it did give me results. Any kind of result is better than none in my book, especially at a low price! As for dark circles, I don't believe this product did anything for mine nor do I believe that any product would help reduce my dark circles. Also, this product is very light in moisture. I have dry skin so the moisture wasn't quite enough for me. I didn't apply anything more because like I said, I am lazy and I really don't want to extend my beauty routine too much if possible.
All in all, this product is worth a try and keep using it even if you don't see results right away!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by juliacrod

I don't have wrinkles around my eyes yet but I do have pretty dark circles around my eyes. I've been dying to try the eye cream from Clinique but it's way too pricey for me :/ So got this because it recommended by a friend. I really haven't noticed a change. I want to say the area under my eyes has gotten a little, tiny bit lighter but maybe it's just my mind playing tricks.
The tube does sometime despense too much product, so whatever extra product I have, I just put on areas that need a little extra moisture (sides of my nose, sometimes cheek bones or chin).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Lily580

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Terrible! Don't waste your money girls! I have been using it for about a month and it has given me more lines! I hardly even had any to begin with (am only 25 so it was using it more as a preventative thing). Also, it burns my skin :( wish I could return it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by lovenall

I am disappointed. Doesn't hydrate underneath my eye area. It was hard to get absorbed. I pat it on for about a minute, but still the same story. When I put makeup on, it all caked up and came off as little tiny balls!!! It didn't matter how long I wait to put makeup on after applying this eye cream. Horrid. Now I use this for my neck...
It was about $17 at target, but considering the quality of the product, I don't think it was worth it. I would rather invest in higher end products that at least hydrates my undereyes and doesn't ruin my makeup.
The packaging is nice - its a little tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by georgide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I read a lot of good reviews for this eye cream and decided to try it as my first RoC product. Got it for like 14$ on Amazon. I have to say I am not impressed. I feel like it does next to nothing for the skin under my eyes. I know that it takes a long time for retinol to work so that might be part of it-- I apply multiple times a day and have had it for about a month. I read on Paula's Choice website that there really isn't a lot of retinol in it to begin with. Also it's also not particularly moisturizing. No effect on dark circles obviously. I am looking for something to diminish the creases under my eyes. Will continue to use until the tube is finished. consistency is not thick, kind of like a mix b/w a lotion and a serum. Trying the RoC multicorrection night cream now and that seems more effective.