October 21, 2014 | 2104 users online

Makeup Brushes - Lancome - Cheek Brush #6

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by ConfessionsofaDiorAddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the cheek brush as depicted above withe the silver handle. I absolute LOVE this brush for applying blushes. It applied on my cheeks effortlessly, and was the perfect size! I bought it a few years ago at a cosmetic company outlet store. The worker had mispriced it for another brush item and was able to honor the price ($10! what a steal! it was suppose to be $20 something). I guess they were getting rid of this version for the #6 currently on the market with the black handle. Any way... this brush has been damaged by reasons not related to makeup usage/application. I was even so hesitant to throw it away and thought maybe a good cleanse will remedy the contaminant that damaged it; however, realistically that would not be sanitary as I will not be able to touch my face w the contaminated brush. I was so torn and heartbroken to have had to let this brush go. Ugh! if the one w the silver handle was not discontinued, I would buy it again in a heartbeat as a replacement no matter the price! It's worth it. I haven't tried the new one and am reluctant to... the handle doesn't seem appealing... but perhaps I may just have to give it a shot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As far as blush brushes goes, this one is pretty all right. It's reminiscent of the MAC 129, as I ultimately swapped away my 129 because this one sufficed for my powder blush needs. The brush is fairly soft and fluffs out from the base and is slightly tapered, which allows for a fairly nice application of color on the uneven planes of one's cheekbones. As you might suspect, this isn't the most appropriate brush for more pigmented blushes as doesn't permit for a more controlled faint application. Also, I find the softness of the bristles doesn't play well with cream blushes - they tend to adhere to one another. Regular washing doesn't result in an alarming amount of bristles shedding, but yes, I do always seem to lose a few hairs.
I think this brush is sufficient for my basic everyday blushing needs, but I wouldn't consider it indispensable in the least. I believe I purchased it at a deeply discounted price from a blog sale, so I'm content with the value, but would I purchase it again from the Lancome counter should I ever misplace the Cheek Brush #6? Nope.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by CdnSusen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely, soft, natural bristle blush brush. Unlike other Reviewers, I don't find it sheds. The size of the head and density of the bristles allows for beautiful, natural blush application. It's easy to keep clean. I really love this blush brush, but the $56 price tag is a bit high. If you're a makeup artist, perfectionist or brush junkie, this is a brilliant brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift and use it as a blush/highlighter brush. It works just fine, but it does shed quite a bit and when I wash it, blue comes out of it. Otherwise, I like it because the bristles are soft and it applies my blush amazingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 7:07:00 AM More reviews by vesperholly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure where $56 comes from, the Lancome website says $41. NOT THAT THIS IS ALL THAT MUCH CHEAPER :D

I bought this brush when I was in college. That was 10 years ago. I would have never bought such an expensive brush (I hardly knew what good brushes were), but I had a credit at Saks from a gift return. It's been beat up, lost a few hairs, but still applies my blush like a champ! The bristles have become baby soft over time, and I actually don't mind losing some hairs because it makes for a nice, sheer, easily blended application. I can use this with my most pigmented blush (NARS Exhibit A) and trust that I won't overdo it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by huongttlan

It is very soft. Yes, it is. However, it shreds like crazy. I was so surprised seeing how can an expensive brush can shred so easily with very bristle hair O-O. It looked nice though

With that kind of price and how much it shreds just after two months of use, even softer version can't make me happy...

I really regret buying it :). I would rather spend that money for MAC brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a kit so It looks a little different the one sold seperately but wow the price is insane for a blush brush. However it is super soft and does the job but definitely not worth 50 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by BreAnn21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush atleast 4 years ago. I found it to be very expensive at $56. It is soft and does the job just fine. It shed a bit when I first started to use it, but doesn't now. I bought this brush when I was new to blush, it was my first blush type brush. I have bought atleat 12 other blush type brushes but always come back to this one, it applies the blush the best. I would buy a new one if I ever lost it or it got wrecked.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own this brush,it was very expensive, like all the reviews have mentioned,though its a very nice light and easy to use brush,thep rice is not so easy! Wow! 56.00$ for a blush brush,I know Lancome makes good brushes but they are better out there like Trish McEvoy, I do find that this brush is suitable for many funtions,and its soft and subtle, will repurchase if the price was lower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Wonderfully soft, perfect sized head, on a long, sturdy handle. It doesn't drag along the cheek, and distributes blush effortlessly. Wow, Lancome! I am pleased to find a quality product among your many, many sub-par offerings!