April 17, 2014 | 1836 users online

Fragrances - Paco Rabanne - Black XS for Her

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Princess711

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this fragrance! I first found in in Sephora, and I fell in love with it immediately-but at approx. $80 CAD a bottle, I couldn't commit to it right away (due to student budget basically). I finally got it for my birthday 6 months later and it is amazing! My favourite time to wear it is late fall and then all through winter, because it is a heavier scent. It lasts all day on me with no need to reapply it. When spraying it the spray is rather heavy, so you only need one or two spritz of it and then you're good for the rest of the day. The heaviest note for me is almost like a dusty rose, and I love that when I'm walking around I get a good wiff of it every once in a while! Makes me love it even more!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this perfume really cheap on holiday in Gibraltar two years ago and it has lasted me a really long time! I knew I wanted this scent as I think the smell is divine and I couldn't wait to get abroad to get it cheap (literally half the price it is in Boots!!)

I wasn't disappointed either, lovely smell, sweet and girly! I do have a small issue with the bottle, I really dislike the gothic style rose thing going on, that's not me at all. I think it is meant to symbolise rebellion in a teenage girl (since it is quite a young scent) but I am neither in my teens anymore nor am I pretty rebellious. I'm a Cath Kidston floral girl. But anyway, the smell won me over and I was hooked! The scent isn't as strong as that of Angel (see my Angel review!) but it is a winner for me :D

I would definitely repurchase as I was so happy with it! It isn't cheap in Boots but it certainly isn't the most expensive one out there! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by juliastockholm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So i bought this a while ago on a whim. It was cheap, and something in it appealed to me. Liked it for a few days and then got sick of it. Maybe I would have liked it more in a different season.

On my skin this didn't really do anything. It stayed the same from when I sprayed it on until it had completely worn off. I like scents that develop, following me through the day. This was a bit too static for me. Gave it to a friend, and it behaved much the same on her. Neither of us will repurchase.

This scent means nothing to me, it is just another perfume. Blah.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I consider this my night time perfume, its a statement smell with a lulling sweetness to it that works beautifully. I loved it from the first time i smelt it and will continue to do so.

The bottle is so beautiful too, such a great perfume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tart, sweet and fun, but in no way immature.
Black XS wasnít marketed in Asia, so Iím not even sure what made me decide to pick it up but Iím glad I did.
Thereís a mix of the new (fruit, cocoa, patchouli) with some old school elements that seldom crop up in fragrances targeted at the younger set (violet, pepper). The result is an interesting blend of fresh, spicy, powdery and sweet. Black XS is sensual but neither a girly-girl scent, nor a bad-girl one.
I always feel like I should put my hair up in a high ponytail and wear skin-tight jeans with stilettos when I smell this.
I wonít say itís ground-breaking or the most sophisticated thing in the world, but itís a step up from the generic sugary scents, and I donít really associate it with any age group in particular. (I find it quite strange to label types of smells as ďyoungĒ or ďoldĒ when these stereotypes donít translate across cultures at all. Wear it if you like it and just use a light hand when youíre in company!)
Projection and and lasting power are both average compared to most of my other scents. Not a holy grail scent, but Iíll keep it on hand as long as I can keep finding it at good prices!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite fragrances! I have had several packages of this and I never get tired of it. It is very sexy and fresh!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by AliceJessie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was what I considered to be "my" fragrance and signature smell. On my skin it would explode into a spicy yet warm sweet scent that lasted hours. I loved it for the entire year the bottle lasted. Now however it is 99% unbearable for me to go near :( It gives me a headache until it settles down fully and becomes a subtle swish of sugar and spice.
I will not repurchase as it is very expensive in NZ and I'll never get through my current full bottle unless my "taste" for it returns.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by SugarPlum5

I was pleasantly surprised when I smelt this product for the first time. I wanted to check it out because I had smelled "Million" for him on one of my male friends and loved it. At that time "Million" for her had not yet come out.. however, even if it had, I don't think I would have picked it over Black XS, although it is quite nice as well.. ironically, Million smells a bit cheaper lol. This smell is very warm and romantic and is perfect for every day wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by HeidiAnne101

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I just got Black xs for Her as a mother's day gift from my daughter, and I absolutely love it! It seems too strong for daytime at first, but after about half an hour it does tone down quite a bit or so it seems to me. Some of the reviews here talk about it being rather a bold, sharp scent, but perfumes always smell different on different people. I find that even with the bold tones there is a soft sweetness about it. My other favourite perfume is Shi by Albert Sung (also first received as a gift from my daughter), but I've been having trouble finding it in stores lately. Does anyone know if it is no longer being produced??? At any rate, Black xs is quite different from Shi, and while a bit stronger it is in no way crass. I don't know what the cost is as I didn't pay for it myself, but I love both the scent and the bottle and would definitely purchase this product for myself! Thanks to my daughter for such a nice gift!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

the best way I could describe this scent is a man's perfume with a touch of femininity in the undertone.

I suppose this is a horrible way to describe a scent I love but it is what it is , the scent is strong and very fierce in the beginning however in time it the smell doesn't even soften but rather takes on a sweet almost acidic tone. unlike my previous perfume this one doesn't break down easily, you can splash some one and know for sure it'll be there hours later :)

I love this perfume, I really do and it seems to grab the attention of most of my co-workers (the female ones sadly, men can't tell something is different about you unless you suddenly walk in with your hair on fire!!!!).

however it is more of an evening scent, way too strong for me in the morning. I would advise you to try it on before purchasing, it's not for the timid!!!