Boots Mediterranean Brazil Nut and Vanilla Body Butter

4.1

(Water), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dimethicone, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates/Vinyl Isodecanoate Crosspolymer, Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Hydroxide, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Alcohol, Limonene, Coumarin, Denatonium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, CI 15510 (Orange 4), CI 61570 (Green 5).

on 12/9/2011 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Half the price of Body Shop's body butter - because it's half as good. Sticky, doesn't glide on, minimal moisturizing. With Body Shop's body butter, it soaks into the skin and when you take your clothes off at the end of the day - you can still feel/smell the lotion. I don't like the "tub" nature of body butters (attracts lots of lint) - but Body Shop is the way to go if you like body butters. Don't waste your money on this.

on 8/15/2010 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have very normal skin, but my face gets a little dry.
I use it on my face every morning a night. My skin got oily and shiny using products like Purpose Oil Free SPF moisturizer, but this body butter is AMAZING for my face! You think I would have serious oil issues after a few hours, but this body butter hydrates and stays matte if I dust a little powder on my T-zone. My skin is clearer and my skintone is more even. It's a great product.

on 3/9/2010 9:53:00 PM

Call me crazy but I like a body scrub to feel like it's really scrubbing. This just feels really greasy on my skin. I guess it's ok if you have dry or sensitive skin, but I didn't like it. It smells great though.

on 10/26/2009 4:05:00 AM

Smells like cake batter...I bought the body butter, body scrub, and bath cream. I like the consistency of the product, it's very thick, but I do not like the smell. Which is probably a good thing, because it is not long lasting on your skin like The Body Shop body butters. This is nothing special, and I will use the product and then go back to TBS...

on 10/24/2009 11:34:00 PM

I love the smell of this! It's a little sweet in the container, but it smells great on your body. The consistency of this product is pretty thick, but it's not oily, greasy, or sticky which is a HUGE plus. It seems to just sink into my skin. It's moisturizing enough for me, but if you have extremely dry skin/live in a very cold or dry climate, you might want to look into something more moisturizing. The only thing I don't like about this product is the container - I don't mind using a tub, but the packaging is pretty ugly in my opinion. Oerall, I love this product and will continue to buy it.

on 5/18/2009 12:19:00 AM

So far I'm the only negative reviewer here, awww, it kinda makes me feel bad to bring this product's rating down!
but, I just don't like it -- I bought this body "butter" expecting it to be intensely moisturizing, like the Body Shop butters - but this just is not! It takes way more than other brand "butters" because I have to rub a lot in to get any moisturized feeling. I also don't like the texture - kind of goopy and...chalky feeling?...and NOT soft and creamy. Does not sink into skin well. And I don't feel like it does anything for my skin - my skin feels dry soon after applying. It does smell good though.
But I'll go for the Body Shop, Burts Bees, or Alba body butter next time.

on 3/24/2009 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love the scent and love the way it leaves my skin. For a body butter it isn't intensely moisturizing but for me it works. I use this only during the day but at night I apply a heavier moisturizer --like an oil. The scent usually only lingers for an hour, so it doesn't disturb any other scents that I decide to wear. And of course I love that its natural.

on 3/4/2009 11:28:00 PM

I picked up the product because my boyfriend was in love with the smell and I absolutely fell in love with it.

I have extremely dry skin, so I usually apply it after body oil, and it smells amazing when you're fresh out of the shower. You needn't worry, because the strength of the smell fades within an hour and you can walk around without smelling like a giant cupcake. Instead, you keep just enough of the smell to be absolutely delicious but lose enough that you can wear a perfume if you prefer.

I've recommended it to a few girl friends and they all agree that boys seem to love the scent (husbands, boyfriends, dates - apparently they all love cake!).

As a moisturizer, it definitely needs to be applied either after body oil or over a stronger moisturizer, especially in the case of dry skin - otherwise you'll go through it amazingly fast. I wouldn't recommend it for extremely dry skin.

on 10/15/2008 5:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

It was love at first sniff for me with this cream. It smells sweet without being cloying, and feels velvety smooth. It sinks in well and does not feel greasy on my skin. I'm too lazy to list ingredients, but mineral oil is not one of them. The scent reminds me of the old school BBW vanilla bean without the overly strong notes that BBW is famous for.
It is a bit on the pricey side-$10 at Target-but I think it should last a while. Good product for the upcoming dry/cold weather.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

What I've got is actually the *Amazon Forest* Brazil Nut & Vanilla Body Butter - but close enough?

I got this as a gift, as part of a set; I wasn't that impressed initially - it's very sweet-smelling, and I figured it would clash with my perfumes.

When I did start using it, I quickly realized that though it's initially very sweet, the smell mellows within a couple minutes, and is really lovely. Since, most of the sweetness wears off pretty quickly, it actually doesn't clash with perfume at all if you wait for about a 1/2 hour to apply your perfume. The other option, of course, is to pick a perfume that layers well with this fragrance - which isn't hard to do. Anything that's vanilla/woods/musk/incense/amber/spices etc. all smell great alongside Brazil Nut and Vanilla Body Butter.

My other discovery upon actually starting to use this Body Butter is that my husband absolutely LOVES the smell, too. Which is a great bonus.

I'm not in love with the big plastic tub, I just don't like how easy it is to contaminate the product, and besides, I'm a sucker for nice packaging - which this is not.

On the other hand, the butter is nicely moisturizing, feels good on my skin, and absorbs fairly quickly. It's just right after a hot shower.
I don't know if it's a HG, but I'll probably buy it again if I run out, if for no other reason than just since my husband likes it so much!