October 22, 2014 | 1687 users online

Lip Gloss - Everyday Minerals - Plum Dust

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Anna1985

I really love Everyday Mineral's products and this lip gloss, although it is more accurately a tinted balm, is no exception. I have tried a few of their other lip products and this is definitely my favorite. The staying power is limited but my only true gripe is the name -- plum. When I think of plum I tend to think of a reddish purple, however to me this is more of a deep cranberry shade which looks very nice on my lips. I will definitely buy this lovely shade again to use for fall and winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Kay789

Love this colour, love the texture. It is a bit drying, so I use lipbalm before and after using it. but I love all of my EDM lip products and I don't usually like lipstick that much. It's very hard for me to find lipticks that work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by kiahpapaya20

This was my first EM product and I recieved it free from a very kind swapper: (Thanks again remelton!). And I am so glad she gave it to me! After disinfecting it, I swiped a little on my lips and it felt so smooth and slick! It definitely has a slippery consistency, and makes me think it probably doesn't last. BUT... The color is fantastic! I was wearing this around my Mom and she said it was the best color she's ever seen on my lips before! And my poor Mom has seen a lifetimes worth of new lippies on me! I can definitely handle the reapplying and texture issues for the amazing color. I don't even know how to describe it other than perfect! I wear the Golden Fair shad in EM just for reference!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Frostblade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this color on me.

Gives me a very natural healthy color.

I hate the packaging though, if you screw it up it won't go back down.

I would buy it again but $20 to ship this... eh don't think so.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Uska

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the color, but it needs to be angled like a lipstick. It's hard to apply without a mirror and I've noticed that it tends to glop up on the end because it's SO emollient.

I love the feel of it on my lips - silky smooth. As with all the other EM products, a little goes a long way. If you apply too much, you'll look made-up. Another reviewer mentioned that it doesn't melt into her lips like some other lip colors. I found that's the case if I use too much - it sits there a looks plastic. I put a little in the center of my lips and then rub my lips together. Sometimes I need to take my pinkie and smooth it - but once done - it looks more like a lip stain on me than a gloss or lipstick.

I like it so much I bought a tube for my purse and one for my vanity. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by suejie

I prefer a tube (even a chapstick like one) over a pot, so I don't mind the packaging, but so far I don't like the EDM "lipglosses". Plum dust is not as described on me, it looks very peachy/pink and no hint of warm soft brown or plum. Maybe my lips are too pigmented for this? It goes on sheer, like a tinted balm but never really "melts" into the lips. The pigment in it sort of sits on top of the lips and slides around so that it looks filmy and not appealing. It looks like a thin milky tinted layer instead of a juicy gloss. Also tried Cherry Fizz color and there is no shimmer in that one either, just a flat pinkish opaque color.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2008 3:09:00 AM More reviews by PocaDot88

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I concur with Missy in full. It looks and feels like a homemade lipgloss to me. Very disappointed since EDMs matte foundation, blush and concealer are my HGs.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I normally adore EM products, but this just doesn't do it for me. First of all, I do not mind that it comes in a cheapo chapstick tube because that's what I'm accustomed to carrying around with me constantly. The main thing I don't like about this product is the smell and taste. It has a strong waxy odor, much like Chanel lipsticks (blech). It also disappears within MINUTES of applying. Lastly, this color does not appear to be any shade of PLUM at all on my NW20 PPP skin, but a warm melon-pink. One thing that would make me consider purchasing again (in a more flattering shade) is if EM would put some yummy herbal flavoring in it, something fun like that of their Grapefruit Lime Peppermint soap! Mmmmm...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by JessoXD

This is one of my favorite lipcolors ever! It's more of a tinted lipbalm than a gloss, but it is kinda glossy. It feels great on and is an amazing color on me (PPP NW15). The staying power is almost non-existent, but other than that I absolutely adore it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It's actually more of a lip balm than a lip gloss. The color is a very pretty neutral plum brown. It looks like my lips but better. It doesn't last all day but for the price I really don't mind reapplying. Before I started using this, I was constantly switching out my lip colors but now this has become a beauty staple in my bag. Will buy again.