September 2, 2014 | 1102 users online

Mascara - MAC - Lash Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Crisalta82

I LOVE how this primer works with my Younique 3D fiber lash. I found the perfect combination with these two. Very happy and pleased. This separates and thickens my lashes. The end result is separated, non-clumpy, long and thick lashes. I got it as a sample and definitely will be purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was really curious to try it, since i was out of my dior lash primer (which though more expensive works wonders) and finally bought it..
huge disappointment. dont get me wrong i love mac but im not a mac fanatic. if a product doesnt work- it doesnt work ..i even put 3-4 coats of it plus 2-3 coats of mascara on one eye and just 2-3 coats of mascara on the other eye to compare the results and guess what.. the results where exactly the same! such a huge letdown..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by maconly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love MAC, let's get that clear right away. BUT, this is a huge letdown. I usually use Lancome's primer, which is STELLAR. This pales in comparison, it just does nothing. I don't get the positive reviews here. Primer is supposed to help keep your lashes curled, and thick looking too, as well as hold the product all day. Mac falls down in the primers area. Lancome, as much as I'm not a fan of their makeup line, they get eyelashes, really well. It's pricey, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

This is the first lash primer i have used so I cant compare it to other brands. I heard shiseido does a really good one but the prices r much steeper. I am happy with mac lash primer bcos it does what i want it to be. My mascara smudges like crazy wo a lash primer. That is bcos i have oily lids.
But with lash primer, it can last me a good 8-10 hrs. I am happy but i guess next time i will try shiseido when i am feeling rich. LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used this lash primer for a LONG time, and I absolutely love it! I really prefer a more dramatic lash for everyday, and this is one product I must use to get that look. I curl my lashes, then apply one coat of the primer, followed by my usual CG Lash Blast. I build up the mascara and I really think the primer helps to lengthen and thicken. I have found that I always have to wipe the excess from the wand before applying, otherwise it can be too wet. Also when I close the tube, a little product squishes out and end up as goopy hard bits that dried near the opening. Will continue to buy it as long as they sell it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by annawixom

I think this primer works well to make my lashes longer and more "pow" in your face lashes. The key is to let it dry before adding your mascara. If you put mascara on before primer can dry it doesnt lengthen or do anything to your lashes. I think this is a great product. I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by yuklin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this primer, I think the brush is a little to thick, if it had a brush like the Estee Lauder brush fro the double wear zero smudge it would be perfect, but it really makes a difference on application of your mascara, and it protects your eyelashes from falling eyelashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This would be 5 lippies if it came with a better brush. The brush might work better for someone with very fine lashes, but it easily clumps my lashes together, so I have to be careful putting it on - but on the upside this thickens and lengthens and keeps mascara on lashes instead of the skin under your eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by eliaslauren

I'm not a big fan of the brush because it doesn't have many individual brisles but wider set instead and it does seem to get clumpy at times but it certainly makes my mascara look better. Does well to help separate and actually help to show the amount of lashes you have, so no clumping for sure as long as you're a one coat kind of girl.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by nirvana9

for me this functions as just an extra base coat of mascara. i layered up my mascaras in one eye, and used a coat of this followed by mascara on another eye and the results were pretty much the same. if i used to wear one coat of mascara, then this would definitely enhance that one coat. but as i wear at least 2-3 coats, i can get a super dramatic look without this primer. my lashes are long and thick so that probably helps. those with shorter, thinner lashes might probably benefit more.