September 30, 2014 | 1023 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - The New Blue

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in a palette of four, but not really for this color. Its an okay color, but not something I could use everyday. It doesn't really go well with my gold colored eye primers, which are my favorites. Its a very metallic navy blue color and its stays on but it just doesn't look well with pale skin.

Its fairly expensive to get the palette. About $40 to $50 when I purchased it. The pot is about $18.

The packaging is great though. Lancome's pots and palettes are great for travel and overall small enough to take for travel. I wouldn't consider this an everyday natural look, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Tried this shade in one of their quads and I really like it! Makes for an awesome crease shade when you want more drama. The color is a buildable dark gray/blue shade that you can layer for intsensity. It blends really well, has a metallic finish. The quad I have has neutrals in it, so this completes it for an evening look. Try to get it in those mini sample quads, I love them for travel!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

Wow, gorgeous silver grey, slight shimmer, great pigment. This pairs well with all greys, blacks, dark and light blues, violets and greens. It's like a mixture of MAC's Knight Divine and Contrast, deep grey with deep navy. I think I will try this blended with darker browns as one of the reviewers mentioned. If you're into smokey greys, you have to check this out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Zoey223

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this color! I received it in a gwp palette and ignored it for a couple weeks, then decided to swatch it on my hand in the sun. I love the shimmering effect, and how it hovers between grey and blue. It's the most versatile blue in my stash, and as other reviewers have said, it's very neutral wearing. My only complaint is that The New Blue does not have the lasting effect of other Lancome shadows - it creased and disappeared in patches. I definitely need a primer with this. I didn't get any fall out - I used the Eco Tools pointed brush to apply, and then blended it in. I use this as a lid color and it really opens my grey/blue/green eyes. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had this color since it came out, and have loved it since day 1! The color is a beautiful blue, and as the previous reviewer mentioned, it is very versatile! I have been pairing it with my grey and silver colors for a smokey eye, but received it tonight in a gift with browns, and it looks gorgeous! I can't wait to wear them tomorrow, as they look beautiful together!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 8:05:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this color. It is a deep, shimmery midnight blue with a fair amount of grey in it. It's a more "neutral" blue. Due to this factor, this shadow is very versatile and can be worn with blues, violets or browns. It's fabulous as a liner, but I love it in the crease with Lancome's Volcano on the lid and Personal Style on the bottom lashline. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Danielle_U

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hmmm....I actually think this colour is gorgeous! A pretty metallic midnight blue. Highly pigmented and easy to blend. You just need to work your brush in to it good at first to loosen it up a bit and then the colour comes out stronger.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me start off by saying that this color is gorgeous. It's a deep blue in the pan, but comes off a soft, shimmery, greyish-blue on the eyes. The reason I gave it such a low rating is the quality. The powder gets everywhere. I use Chanel eyeshadow brushes and I make sure to tap the brush to release any excess shadow before I apply. Despite taking that precaution, the powder still gets into the corners of my eyes, my lower eye area, and even on my cheeks. I don't use that much shadow for that to happen, and it's annoying. I thought I was able to get all the loose shadow off of my face this morning, but once I got to work, I noticed that I have streaks of shadow where my sunglasses sat on the sides of my nose. I tried rubbing it off and it made it worse. Now, I can't get it off and I look ridiculous. I'm extremely disappointed.