December 21, 2014 | 1917 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my idea contouring/blush brush...it fits right into the hollows of my cheeks and defines them like no other brush I've used. Will make sure to always keep one in my kit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a small face and for me this brush is perfect! At first I was like this is very thin and light and not even a brush guard for the price. Still I wasn't giving up yet considering what I paid and how many times it has been out of stock which seems to be always, so I went for it. For me it picks up the perfect amount of colour and is the perfect size for my face. I have a hard time with brushes always being too big and this applies my blush to perfection IMO. I don't find it scratchy because I have a MAC contour brush that I was using for blush. It was goat hair as well and is a lot more scratchy but I love it, because it's small and picks up I the perfect amount of product no matter what blush I use.

This is way softer than I expected and I like that it has a little "grip" to pick up the product. Also for me having a small face this brush is great for my small cheek bones. Mine has not shed at all and I was totally prepared for that but so far it's just lovely. I have been keeping it in the box till I get a proper brush guard for it. I really like it so this is a purchase I do not regret. Because with proper care this will last and preform for a long time. My blush goes on so much better and never applies too much. I have very soft or sensitive skin from doing peels and this is fine by my standards. I'm really glad I have this and since I'm a blush lover this is a nice addition. If you have a small face definitely check this out. Sometimes the brush makes all the difference sometimes it does not. For me it's fantastic and I luv it! Recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Asianlily

I wanted to love this brush and I didn't even manage to like it. It feels scratchy on my skin and sheds everywhere! It takes twice as long to put my blush in because I have to pick off the little bits of bristles that were stuck on my skin. An overhyped product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

Totally in love with this brush!! I had some difficulty in getting my hands on this bad boy and had a girlfriend pick up at a NARS counter in Japan and ship it to me. When I opened the package and saw my beautiful Yachiyo brush, I squealed with excitement!

Now after owning and using it for the past 3 months, I can't imagine my make-up routine without it. It softly delivers the perfect amount of color to my face, I just lightly sweep over my blush color of choice and apply, it's that simple and the results are perfect every time! It has to be the way the bristles are designed, but it picks up just the right amount of product and deposits where I want. This is definitely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Shammyrock

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am psyched about getting my brush. Just put the order in whith Sephora. I will never buy
Anymore items on Ebay have been highly disappointed with the knock off qualities of the products. I will post as soon as I get it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I am a such a NARS roll lately, first the primer, then the concealer, and now the Yachiyo! I have been coveting this brush for an incredibly long time, but the hefty price tag put me off, even thinking about it makes me shudder. Well, thanks to an ASOS 20% code I finally snapped it up. I freaking love it! It works SO well with brightly coloured blushers, all you need to do is tap your brush in and then apply to your cheeks - you get just the right amount thanks to the head of the brush and the option to build the colour up. I use it for bronzer, blusher, and sometimes highlighter. Prior to buying the Yachiyo I was using the MAC 116, but the 116 doesn't even compare to how awesome the Yachiyo is. The Yachiyo is great and blending too - I typically swipe the colour on, then blend in upwards in circular motions. I never get that harsh stripe, but the key is definitely to apply your blusher with a very light hand. I use my Yachiyo with NARS, Illamasqua, MAC, Sleek, and loose powder blushers and it applies them all beautifully.

The tapered bristles effortessly diffuse blush on my cheeks, the effect is gorgeous! Speaking of bristles though, this brush isn't the softest. Sometimes it feels quite scratchy on my cheeks, but not overly so. It also sheds, but only a few hairs, nothing major. Whenever I wash it I apply conditioner to soften the hairs and use a brush guard so it keeps it's shape. I absolutely love this brush, if you love blush, especially bold shades, I recommend you give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by starzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Had that brush for a while now... Wasn't sure if I liked it or not. First when i started using it, my blush went on a bit patchy. However, practice makes perfect! Learnt how to use this properly, and its great for applying bright colours! For nude and more toned down colours I just use my MAC 129, but this is great, especially for the Tom Ford blushes I think! They can blend the colour our so it looks more natural too. Does shed every now and then, maybe 1-2 hairs every week, but I'm not too fussed about it. Its not that softest brush I've ever used, but its not scratchy to the point where it's bothering me. The pointed tip is great for the patchy parts, and just keep blending it in until it's balanced on both sides. Would definitely get this again, especially since I love using brighter colours!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading how awesome the Yachiyo is, I finally broke down and bought one. I generally don't buy super expensive makeup brushes because I'm a cheapskate when it comes to certain things. I've bought a few MAC brushes in the past but they ended up relgated to my drawer because I ended up losing interest in attempt to try to apply blush, eyeshadow or whatever else. I was also hesistant to buy it because I've never found a Nars product I could get on board with. However, something about this particular brush intigued me and stuck in my brain. I shopped around and finally(!) found a seller on eBay that wasn't selling this for an arm and a leg. Buying anything on eBay is a risk but makeup brushes are even more of a risk because of the many counterfeits floating around. I threw caution to the wind and bought it anyway and now that I have it, I'm glad I took the risk. First, I'm pretty inept when it comes to two facets of makeup: liquid/gel liner and blush. No matter how many tutorials I watch or read, I just couldn't get the technique down. Since I look infinitely better with blush, I'm forcing myself to learn ANY technique as long as it looks natural and flattering.

I've had Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed for a while now and although I love the color of it, I rarely use it because applying it was too much of a pain (I used to use an ELF blush brush before buying a Samantha Chapman brush that is decent enough). The Yachiyo however takes the guess work out of applying blush. It has the shape of what I would describe as oval with a somewhat tapered tip. The angle of the brush fits perfectly on your cheek so all you basically have to do is swipe and blend. It's really that simple. It also picks up just the right amount of product so there's no need to swipe and tap.

I can't say I find this brush to be super soft. It's a tad on the scratchy side but no where near the level of truly cheap brushes that can feel like fine sandpaper. My brush hasn't shed though there are a few errant bristles towards the bottom. The thing that struck me is that the brush seems so light. I guess I was expecting the brush to be made of solid oak but it appears to be made of very light wood or possibly plastic. Either way, it is seemingly well made.

I would recommend this brush to others, espeically those who find the concept of blush baffling. Yes, it is expensive and it is highly unlikely you'll find this for under $30 but it works and it works well. I recall reading an article where a makeup artist said that good tools are paramount to applying makeup. If you have a good brush, you could even apply dirt and it would look good. I think that is sound advice. All the fabulously expensive makeup in the world won't look good if you don't have the proper tools to apply it. Now, if only I could find a great eye liner brush that will make the process of applying liner to my upper lids easy, I'll be a happy camper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by marianoana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is magic! I love using blush since I have this brush. I don't know how it does it ... I am pretty practical usually and don't get carried away too quickly, but this one has got me. This is the only brush I would re-buy in a heart beat if I ever lost it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Nadia007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush because of the good reviews I had heard and watched about this brush. I was bitterly disappointed......my brush sheds everywhere.....tiny black hairs on my face EKKKK... I’m retuning it today and will look at purchasing something else. I really expect better quality for the price I paid $72.00 AUD.