July 25, 2014 | 1716 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Liner Pencil

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by peluche

I loved this eyeliner! It is nice and creamy, but not too creamy like some high end eyeliners. I used it mainly on my waterline and I loved the staying power. It lasted me at least about 5/6 hours without smudging. I must admit that it did smudge after at least that long but it is better than other eyeliners I have tried, so I am satisfied.
I would repurchase however I am still in the search of my HG so I will continue looking out for a better one. Overall very happy with it. I would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by sds791

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:
The pigments intensity is amazing
Hardly smudges
Goes on easy and smooth

Cons:
So soft that when you sharpen product it breaks very easily wasting product.
Irritated my eyes like crazy. They were red, stinging, and watery all night.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Did I buy the same product as the rest? This was a total fail for me. To start with, the color. It's supposed to be brown, but on me, it's such a RED brown I could use it as a lip liner. Too hard to apply, I must really press it and at my venerable age, I don't need that.

I'm glad it worked so well for everybody else. Me, I'll skip it. Didn't work at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by KungPowKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best eyeliner I've ever used, I hate when I'm forced to use anything else (the drugstores in my town are always running out of the black), when I am out I use Urban Decays 24/7 liner. HIP eyeliner is creamy (but not overly creamy as I feel UD's is.) and smooth. It goes on my waterline perfectly and is very pigmented. It rarely ever smudges for me and lasts for a long time (and I use make-up 6/7 days a week). This is my all time favorite peice of makeup, and I would kill myself if it ever get discontinued :P

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by makeuplove55

This is my go-to black eyeliner. I love the creamy formula (but not so creamy that you can't sharpen it) and the pigmentation. This is better than UD 24/7 liner in zero imo since it's a darker black. It does smudge a little if I rub my eye but otherwise it pretty much stays put. Also, I use it on my waterline all the time and it never irritates my eye and lasts more than 8 hours. I love it so much that I have it in brown and blue and I have a back-up black one!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by machiivalentine

I bought this in the 902 Black, and it is wonderful for the waterline. Very pigmented and creamy. It does smudge, however with is quite annoying. But sometimes, the smudging is useful for creating a smoky eye, both on the top and bottom lashlines. I may or may not repurchase. May depend on weather I can find a better formula that doesn't smudge as bad. But you can't beat the pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by SuperGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This eyeliner is so creamy, and so pigmented -- almost better than my Urban Decay 24/7 pencils. I would wear this eyeliner every day, except it does smudge and run a little. If they could tweak the formula to make it budgeproof, this would definitely become my HG liner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by jessical5183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I always always always use my Clinique gel eyeliner in black to line my lids (HG product for me), but for the inner rims, I needed a good black eye pencil that wouldn't budge, as I find they usually do on the waterline.

This was recommended to me by a clerk at my local Shoppers drugmart. It's ok. The pigment is wonderful, the pencil will last forever, it goes on precisely and has great color payoff. It's very smooth, not too slick, not too dry. Very very easy to apply. Overall I'm pleased with the purchase, but it's not perfect. I don't know if I'd rebuy. My search for the perfect black pencil liner certainly is not over, let's put it that way. But this will do in the meantime.

Again, I'm only reviewing it on its performance on my inner lids and waterline, which is a tough place to expect product to stay simply because of the very nature of the area being so moist. I'm also unlucky because my eyes tend to water quite a bit when I try to line my inner lids, which is a self-defeating occurrence in itself. So I realize I'm a tough sell.

I'm only giving this 3 lippies because that's how I feel about it - not too bad, not too good. But I kept it and didn't return it.

I can't say how well it stays on the actual lids, because I don't use it there. I imagine it would be quite pleasant. But for me, on my waterline, it doesn't last very long. It just can't remain dry enough. After about an hour, it's all but disappeared, which is quite disappointing. But it's very easy to reapply, which I don't mind doing until I find the perfect black pencil.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by pinklabel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in black. It is too soft and is hard to sharpen without breaking off the tip. You can get a precise defined line with it only when it's sharpened really well and since it's soft, you have to sharpen it a lot. It doesn't wear well either. By a few hours, the liner rubs over the top of where you wear eyeshadow leaving black marks where they shouldn't be. Terrible product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It works okay - It's a nice dark pencil liner, and it doesn't smudge or fade. It's a little hard to apply, though, it's definitely not a one-stroke application kind of liner. I often have to press pretty hard and go over the same place a few times to get a nice solid dark line. It often makes uneven/choppy lines which I need to smudge with a Q-tip or my finger to fix. And it's not good for sensitive eyes or contact lens wearers (both apply to me). It makes my eyes sting pretty bad and makes my eyes feel tired and sore. I wouldn't buy it again for these reasons, but for people whose eyes aren't very sensitive, I'm sure it would be a fine liner, but perhaps not worth the price.