September 16, 2014 | 1815 users online

Fragrances - Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Les Enfants du Soleil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2006 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lilacterp

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Les Enfants du Soleil is such a great name for a fragrance, and it's even better that the name matches the scent. This fragrance is summer joy in a sunny yellow aluminum bottle. By the way, I don't care what people say; this is much better than the renamed Coeur de Vahine. Something has changed, as I have both (new bottles) and they do smell slightly different. It's too bad that it is discontinued and they had to mess with everything I love about it. Bad CSP, bad! I prefer everything about Les Enfants over CdV. Supposedly, LEdS's notes are vanilla, peach, bergamot, fig, jasmine, rose, and sandalwood. I definitely smell the peach, but also orange, which doesn't seem to be one of the notes. I smell a very light vanilla as well. I'm glad I don't smell rose much, and I'm not sure the bergamot belongs in this, but all the notes do work well together. I hardly get any fig, jasmine, or sandalwood, really. It's all blended well together, finishing as a orange peach perfume. With a dash of vanilla, if any. It actually isn't that sweet, more fruity than sweet, if that makes sense.It smells like an orchard in the summer, with children running through it, laughing and eating fruit while being caressed by the sun's rays. It is such a great perfume! It does make me happy. It doesn't last very long, but at least longer than the ghostly Lait Sucre/Matin Calin. I love the bottle this comes in. A yellow 3.3 oz aluminum spray bottle with red writing on it. I'm very glad I got a bottle of this after its discontinuation. This scent makes me smile. NOTES: Vanilla, Peach, Bergamot, Fig, Jasmine, Rose, and Sandalwood. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this sunny-fruity blend back when it was called "Les Enfants du Soleil". Now it is called Couer de Vahine.

It has slightly been tweaked and is more peach-mangoey than before. I love the floral manoi-influenced Tahitian goodness of Couer de Vahine. This summer, I am really into it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2006 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Maximina

These are the notes for the new version of the same thing ... Coeur de Vahine: "A sparkling and joyful fragrance with peach and passion fruit, enlivened by orange. Blended with jasmine, rose and opuhi flower from Tahiit on a mellow background of vanilla and musk. Top notes of Orange, Bergamot, Peach and Passion Fruit. Mid notes of Cinnamon, Rose/Jasmine and Opuhi flower from Tahiti. Base notes of Sandalwood, Vanilla and Musk.
Gorgeous, fruity, simple, orangey, candy thing that is perfect for summer though a tad too sweet for my liking. Nice and fun and destined to be loved by the younger set (if only they knew about it!). continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2004 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lilylotus

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Simply yummy longlasting yet simple Orange and Vanilla scent that is IDENTICAL to Aquolina's Orange & Vanilla Perfume.
Great all year round fragrance but an especially delicious Summer scent. Not my fave though.... continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2004 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Suzy_Queue

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Too sweet 'n' candy-ish on me. The fruit--manderin orange, and I believe I smell mango in there--is like sorbet with added corn syrup. It annoys me no end, because I really like certain aspects of this fragrance. It's a nice young, beachy
"throw-on-your-bikini-and-some-suntan oil-and-leave-your-brain-behind" kind of scent, the type of perfume to reach for when the only vacation you have the option of taking is the imaginary kind. However, the fruit notes annoy me and bust up the reverie. Like most perfumes that I don't love, lasting power is great. I really like the leftover drydown the next day, the vanilla is non-"kreme"y and has a rich rum flavor to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2004 11:12:00 PM More reviews by tormaniac

Such a sweet,delicious scent! Fruity and a vague hint of vanilla. I like it a lot... not my fave but enjoyable to use! Got in swap and all in all, I am glad to add it to my collection.Perhaps for summer this will be one I reach for (instead of my Escada scents like TP,Sexy Graffiti,Ibiza Hippie,Island Kiss)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2004 11:17:00 PM More reviews by wmiumiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I finally got my hands on this discountinued fragrance. It's great on me, with a sweetness of peaches and orange. The drydown is very soothing, with a strong hint of vanilla. This is one of the 1st sweet scent I love!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2003 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Elizabethhoye

I got a vial of this in a swap. It has a sweet orangy kinda smell to it. I do like the scent, but I don't think I would want to wear. I would rather smell it in a candle or something of that nature. But, I will pass on it as a perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2003 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Anneley

I received a sample of Les Enfants in one of the swaps and I totally fell in love with this fragrance. Although the name has changed, it's the same fruity, flirtatiously fresh but at the same time warm fragrance that for sure will tickle your senses. I was fortunate to have Coeur de Vahine (the new name) purchased in France and will most definitely buy it again. It is also more lasting than other CSP fragrances.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2003 11:41:00 AM More reviews by littlebeautyqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

note to trixie88 (and others) -- Les Enfants du Soleil hasn't really been discontinued. Comptoir Sud Pacifique has just renamed the scent to Coeur de Vahine. They have new packaging and new names for most of the favorites.