August 1, 2014 | 1019 users online

Eye Shadow - TheBalm - Overshadow

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by babeybearz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this at all. I was extremely disappointed. I tried the Overshadow in No Money, No Honey and couldn't find one thing I liked about it. As a shadow by itself, it's too sheer to be worth the application. When using it OVER shadow, it just doesn't do anything to make it worthwhile. I found that it actually DOES alter the color of shadow when you apply it over it, so I wouldn't recommend using it if you just spent a ton of time doing your eyeshadow with different shades and blending and all that... this will just cover most of that up. It does make eyes slightly more shimmery, but just not in a very satisfying way. I have a ton of eyeshadows that are just as, if not more, shimmery than this Overshadow and in better shades also. As such, I just don't have a use for this and will most likely get rid of it. Not really recommended, you could use the money for other things that are more worthwhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Mazilu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these, The best combination for me is If You're Rich, Im Single and No Money, No Honey teamed with Hot Mama Blush as a shadow too is just gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

These are on par with MAC pigments
Price: ~$15 CAD
Colours:
You Buy I'll Fly- light copper
If You're Rich I'm Single- medium chocolatey bronzey brown
Finish: iridescent sparkle
Pigmentation: full
Texture: silky
So fantastic and a dream to put on. Especially bright and metallic when applied with a damp brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

I bought this in 3 shades and love them. These have a different texture then pigments, smoother and more finely milled and maybe a tad drier for lack of a better term but these are gorgeous. I love how shimmery they are but not glittery. These last all day for me. I still need to try these out wet as a liner. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sara942

Got this in a gift set at TJ Maxx and wasn't quite sure what its point was--till I tried it! I made a smokey eye look with 2 other shadows from thebalm -- Mischievous Marissa and Sexy Stacey-- and patted this very lightly over my eyelids as a finishing touch with my fingertip--and WOW! It's like someone took a magic wand and transformed my eyelids with it because the shadows suddenly looked deeper and more vibrant! I have the If You're Rich, I'm Single shade, and it adds a slightly taupe-y, purple-y hue to the shadows beneath it but is fairly sheer if you apply very lightly. It adds a beautiful, multi-colored glimmer to the lids worthy of a special night out, without being tacky like you're going to a club. A tiny bit goes a really long way so I can see why the original price is so steep if you buy this separately. But I can't see myself running out any time soon b/c you only need a tiny bit! Will continue wearing this over my night look for that little extra oomph. You just have to try it for yourself to understand what I mean.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought You Buy I'll Fly from my local T.J Maxx. Luckily, they have a great selection of TheBalm products. It was $8, considering the quality/brand, this isn't bad at all. It is much more if you were to go out and buy it at regular price.

It's a beautiful peachy/pink color. It sides more on a medium toned, almost light hot pink. The shimmer is beautiful. It's very noticeable in the packaging but more subtle when applied. The shimmer sparkles a peach color and it's not frosty at all. It's only noticeable when it catches some light.
I experienced no fallout upon application. I did use UDPP and I highly suggest using a primer when using this. Since it is a loose mineral powder it needs something to adhere too.
The pigmentation is good. You honestly need a very small amount. It's very buildable. A swipe can give you very visible color but it's more on the "lighter" side. This is NOT sheer in anyway but an extra swipe or so is needed to get a more vivid outcome. I lightly flicked the jar to get more product. It's true, you do get a lot for your money. Many higher end brands overcharge for minimal product - glad to say TheBalm does not.
I did not find this messy at all. It's very easy to control the amount that comes out. Even when I turned it upside down to check the color name, no excess powder came flooding out (I unscrewed it to check...turning it right side up of course.) Actually, it looked the same as when I had put it away. If you SHAKE the container, of course it'll be a huge mess. A tap or two is enough..anything more than that you're just asking for trouble.
I work with kids and am constantly on the move - a lot of time outside in the hot florida heat. This lasted through sweating and humidity. I put it on at noon and it's about six and it's still as vivid and shimmery. A slight amount of shimmer did transfer onto my waterline but I had to get close up to my mirror to spot it. Considering the circumstances, this is impressive.
I have very fair skin and green eyes and it suits my features well. I love how versatile this shadow is. I cannot wait to try it out over over shadow and to accent..and to foil.

Yes, it is "gimmicky." But who cares?! The quality is fantastic and the packaging really makes it stick out. It caught my attention because of how pinup it is. Many companies try to be modern, I like ones that try to be different. That should not deter you from at least trying it out. And it'll last you such a long time.

I could not recommend more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in Work is Overrated and I absolutley LOVE it. It is the perfect cheekbone highlight for my fair skin. I wear it with Too Faced Pinch My Petals blush just about every day. I've never used it as an eyeshadow but it's my go to highlighter for cheekbones.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in No Money, No Honey which is a very shimmery light gold that goes on sheer. I must admit I bought this mostly due to the ultra cute packaging. I have a ton of highlighter products, and I thought this would be great for under the brows. However, I read later that you can use this to 'tone down' your all over look on the lid. I thought that was pretty gimmicky - how could this stuff go on over your lids without messing up your look? Maybe if you had a simple nude look, but c'mon! So today I purposely did a really smoky look with a ton of different colors. Even before I applied the Overshadow, something was missing. The look wasn't pulled together. So I used my large fluffy brush and applied this all over the lid. AMAZING! It completed my look, without smudging what I had already done. And I don't know why people were citing this as toning down there look, because to me Overshadow gave it that extra oomph. I also tried this as a highlighter on my nose and tops of my cheekbones and it looks so beautiful. This is definitely a multi-purpose item. And a little goes a long way. I put I would repurchase, but I don't see that happening any time soon. I can't wait to go buy all the other colors. I'm in love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I do like this product but I just hate how gimmicky it is! Very cute packaging but I'm getting a bit fed up with certain brands trying to be just that bit too clever and quirky. Anyway, the overshadow in No Money No Honey is a goldeny colour that goes on really nicely over Benefit's Birthday Suit. You can layer it up for a more dramatic effect. Be warned though, you can expect fall out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by xoEMMAox

i LOVE this product!!! this totally saves my eyes!
i have the "sexpot" and it is a must have.
i once went a little too crazy on the black shadow and this was able to tone it down BIG time, its amazing as a highlight and stays on forever! i really love the micromineral finish and how amazing the packaging is.