English Leather

1.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/13/2011 12:45:00 PM

I have been visiting my folks for the past few days and i forgot to bring one of my scents from home to wear so i've been wearing my dad's English Leather. It's not a bad scent really. I keep thinking i smell roses. A deep wild rose with ivy and leather too. I like to think i'm in a deep part of a forrest and i come upon a patch of red roses overgrown with green ivy growing all over and around it. Also, this patch of roses serves as a dumping ground for old, worn out, leather horses saddles. It is like people have used this patch solely to get rid of saddles they have no use for any longer.

on 2/24/2010 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hate it.
That's all I can say.

on 8/17/2008 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Dana Classic Fragrances (formerly New Dana) strikes again- this time with English Leather. It makes me sad to know that this company wreaks so much havoc on classic scents- and doesn't seem to care about their loyal fans. Dana Classic's version smells like lighter fluid- really- if you are in a bind feel free to use, though your food may have some citric overtones to it! I do however, have the powder, made by the original creator, Mem. It smells like a citrusy chypre- almost elegant in an old-school way. Once again, will have to track down Mem's version of this in cologne form to be fair. I love the glass bottle with the wooden top, just seems to go so well with the bottle.

From perfume.net:
(1949)
Olfactive Family: Woody
Olfactive Description: Fresh, Citrus, Chypre, Mossy, Woody, Leathery
**Update 5/21/09- Indeed the older version by Mem smells like the powder. It is really nice- not a heavy leather scent by any means, but hints of it with a rounding out of citrus. For some reason, it works like aromatherapy, just soothing.. A+++ in my book! Wish more men wore it!**
Rating is for the newest version as that is what is most readily available.

on 11/24/2007 9:50:00 PM

This product is produced by a company named Dana. This is hands down the worst bottled fragrance I've ever smelled. It doesn't even smell like leather. My brother used to use this all the time when he was in high school, and I absolutely couldn't stand it. I just noticed today that this is still being sold in drugstores. Please don't buy this "unsniffed" as a gift for anyone. You may be very unpleasantly surprised!

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel