November 27, 2014 | 1540 users online

Lip Gloss - DuWop - Lip Venom

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

Bought this years ago when this was new and all the makeup magazines advertised it. I bought it on a shopping trip. It works by irritating the lips and boy did it irritate mine. I don't remember it plumping up my lips much. It just made them feel burned, irritated and left them red.

Of course the creators don't cover up that this product is an irritant. You know it is when you buy it, but you buy it anyways because you want your lips too look like they alone are experiencing anaphylactic shock.

Then you use the product for a week and the hype goes away because your lips don't look like Angelina Julie's..... and they hurt.

My suggestion is to try lip plumpers that contain hyaluronic acid, which helps your body absorb and retain moisture. I haven't gotten to try one yet, but they sound gentler and more promising.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Potatomonk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This wasn't great. It's supposed to be a lip plumper, but when I tried it I just thought it was a tingly gloss. This didn't plump my lips at all, and the scent was a bit off-putting for me. I think there were two versions (gold and silver), I got got gold one, and I didn't much care for the gold flecks in the product. I did not finish this tube, nor will I buy another one. It would be good if you like a ton of gloss, because this stuff is thick and very glossy. Take care everyone! :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by NikkiDomino

This lip gloss is extremely small for the price. I liked the name, and they said they were the original lip plumper so I decided to give it a shot. Big mistake. The lip gloss container is way too small. It smells like cinnamon, which is nice, but it burns and stings, and for all of that, it needed to do more plumping. It makes your lips look bigger, because its a high shine gloss, but not actually because the plumper was working

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, it gives some sort of tingling feeling on your lips, but I didn't really see the difference in my lips. It just tingled..
And for the amount of product you get the price is ridicules. It's super small - I thought it would be a normal sized lipgloss. Boy, I was wrong...
I wouldn't rebuy this at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I bought this a long time back and wasn't that impressed. The stinging was too intense for me and seemed to last for awhile before it made my lips red. They did plump or swell is a better word. I didn't particularly like it though. It was an ok product but nothing I repurchased or would. It's fairly overpriced for basically a menthol stick of gloss.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a fan of menthol based lippies and this one turned me off for life. At first I liked the trendy name, the funky packaging and the cool tingly sensation on my lips. But after a while I just wanted it to do what other lippies should and that is to moisturize my lips, plump them as advertised and give me colour payoff - none of which Lip Venom could achieve.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Lhicksbeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Plumps lips up a bit but did not do anything drastic. Great looking product, packaging is very attractive, but price is a bit steep.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This is sooo greasy and stings. Plus the tube leaks all over the place, and the gloss dribbles out when I close it. Even more grossness.

It doesn't do anything but sit there and burn. I know its popular and was featured in all sorts of magazines but personally I find the texture too sticky and slick. If you apply anything underneath or on top it also becomes a sticky goopy mess. When worn alone this is the type of cr*p that will cling mercilessly to your hair and gunk up your hair, and ruin that too. The problems this causes extend beyond the border of your lips. Not only did it irritate my lips, but the skin around it too, which became red and itchy.

If it at least did something I would rate it higher but no. . . just no! Too gross. Can't stand the feel, burn or taste. Plus what if you kiss someone? Their lips would get sticky and gross too! ugh waste of money sadly. I don't even want to throw it in to the garbage because god forbid a raccoon or some other poor little animals go picking in there and get this on themselves. This is another reason to avoid products touted by any magazines.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't work at all as a plumper and really just irritated the hell out out of my lips!! It is so inexpensive that I would recommend giving a try I would have to recommend but it was so bad I can't. Stay away!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This plumper is GARBAGE and all it did was stung/irritated my lips. Don't buy!