Shiseido Tsubaki Shampoo

3.8

water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium taurine cocoyl, methyltaurate, sodium cocoamphoacetate, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol distearate, dipropylene glycol, cocamide mea, sorbitol, sodium chloride, hydroexyethyl urea, polyquaternium-7, camellia japonica seed oil, polyquaternium-61, dimethicone, citric acid, ceratonia siliqua hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, bis-isobutyl PEG-14/amodimethicone copolymer, disodium edta, sodium methyl lauroyl taurate, potassium cocoyl glutamate, glycerin, butylene glycol, PCA ethyl cocoyl, arginate, phenoxethanol, sodium benzoate, fragrance, yellow 5, CI 15985.

I purchased both the shampoo and conditioner from a Japanese grocery store in NYC. I love the smell of this product, however it has a tendency to create build-up on my scalp. By contrast, Tsubaki seems to work very well for my mother's hair, giving her dyed short hair great volume and texture. If the Shiseido Tsubaki did not work for you, but you still like the smell, I would recommend trying Redflo, a milder Korean version of this shampoo.

on 12/30/2014 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Tsubaki Shining for a long time now. I saw it at H-Mart and decided to try it and it makes me hair so soft and shiny! My hair is pretty healthy already but Tsubaki makes it 10x shinier and smoother, not to mention it smells really good. I use both the shampoo and conditioner. However, when I use just shampoo, it does make my hair seem a little greasy and like I haven't washed it, so you should always follow-up with the conditioner. It's probably the camellia oil in it, as I've had experience with regular camellia oil. I accidentally put too much in and my hair looked absolutely oily all night, and the slight greasiness of my hair that one time I used just the Tsubaki shampoo was reminiscent of when I used too much camellia oil. But I love this brand, I've recommended it to many other people and they love it too! The only thing is, where I get this shampoo/conditioner it is expensive, about $20 per bottle (the pump), while the re-fill is about $5-7 cheaper, but I say it's worth it.

on 11/21/2014 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Just a simple shampoo with adorable smell.
I have frizzy slightly curly hair and this shampoo makes my hair getting more frizzy and oily.
This shampoo is quite costly in my country but it does not work well with my hair, absolutely won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this stuff!! I picked up the shampoo, conditioner and treatment cream during my stay in Japan.

This product is sooooo frickin cheap in japan. I found it in a local drugstore for about $3-$4.

I love the shiny red packaging. Formula is creamy and lathers well. I don't use too much of the shampoo because I find that it can be drying if I use too much product. Shampoo has a nice, light, floral scent to it. Definitely would stock up more on my next trip :)

Edit (7/10/14):
I can only use this shampoo when I want to deep clean my hair. I realized that this was making my scalp super dry and it made my scalp flake like crazy!!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I could love this shampoo, but I can't...
I have dry thick hair and after two uses the shampoo and conditioner made my hair really shiny and soft! HOWEVER- with two uses my scalp was very irritated and had some little mosquito like bumps! :/ also, my scalp was slightly pink from irritation.
The fragrance is very strong like perfume/flowers-in the past Victoria secret hair products with tons of perfumes have irritated my scalp-so I suspect it was the fragrance in the Tsubaki shinning products that gave me irritation.
Also, because its very heavy in oils my hair was OILY by the next morning... and because of my dry scalp and thick hair it lasts clean up to three sometimes four days.
I have hair ends that are really dry so I would hate to throw this away-I think I'll finish the bottle only my dry dry ends and wont repurchase. :/

I loved the smell and my hair did feel smooth after I washed out but overall after buying the set two consecutive times I wouldn't say it did anything special or different for my hair .

on 3/12/2014 5:59:00 AM

Loooove the smell. Didn't really made any result on my hair tho, else than the lingering fabulous smell lol

on 1/15/2014 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I will preface this review by stating that I am not a shampoo/cond gal. I firmly believe that the styling and products one applies after washing make a greater difference than anything that gets rinsed out in the shower. That being said, this shampoo (and its conditioner) is magical. The texture is unlike any shampoo I have ever used. It is incredibly creamy without being too thick and glides through the hair. There is an immediate difference after it has been used. My hair (thick, wavy) is left way silkier, smoother, and ridiculously shiny. The camelia oil must really be something special. I would say that this is not the best system for those with fine hair because Tsubaki is quite rich. The red bottle is lovely and the pump design is convenient for the shower. This is a bit pricey for a shampoo but worth every penny.

on 12/28/2013 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been staying at a relative's house and they have the Tsubaki Shining Shampoo in their shower, so I tried it for a few weeks. I really like it! It doesn't leave my hair feeling dried out or gross after I wash it out like most other shampoos. I don't think I would purchase this shampoo considering the price, but it is a great product for those with dry hair in my opinion. I have oily hair personally, so if a shampoo dries my roots out, I don't really care.

My review is for shiseido's shining shampoo, in the red bottle :) so I've had my eye on this shampoo for quite some time, did my research and heard lots of good things about it, so I thought I'd give it a shot; so glad that I did! I have long, very fine hair that hasn't been in the best shape due to all the dye jobs throughout the year. Regular shampoos just end up stripping my hair too much but this one does not. It lathers very well despite a very light consistency and smells of Japanese candy, lol. I noticed right away that it didn't strip my hair and my hair instantly felt thicker and stronger. Once my hair was dried I noticed it was reallllly shiny and manageable without being weighed down. It keeps my hair from getting greasy right away as well, so I can go a few days without washing it and it still looks great :) I'm sold on this shampoo, it's a bit pricey ($16) but very much worth it. I'm sticking to it, I've never had a shampoo that works this well

Top Rated Shiseido Products