July 26, 2014 | 1088 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Recover Perfect Skin Primer - Perfecting veil

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I purchased this a little while ago on a whim not really expecting too much from it. Wow was I wrong. Not only is it super easy to use, it goes on so nicely, blends easily onto my skin and instead of using foundation or a tinted moisturiser for my day to day wear i mix a small glob of this with my day moisturiser and on it goes. I've had so many compliments about my skin when I wear it. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Elleai

I HATE this product. Nothing in the world has made me break out worse than this primer. I don't have sensitive skin whatsoever, and this gave me really deep sore cystic pimples that have taken weeks to heal. Didn't make my makeup go on any smoother, nor did it last any longer. I would seriously advise anyone interested in a primer, to get a decent one. These are cheap, and this is present in the overall quality. Look into other brands like Laura Mercier. YUCK.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this from Ebay for £1.50 (£1.50 P&P) the Skin Perfecting Veil 001. I hadn't tried a primer before so thought id give this a go as it was so cheap..it goes on reallly smoothly, blends easily an feels nice n cool on your face. I use it under the Rimmel Recover Foundation and together they makes my skin look flawless. This primer also stops me looking oily. It smells nice too! Will deffo buy again x

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by killingthemockingbird

I was originally going to get the anti-redness one, but the store I was in didn't have any, so I got the perfecting veil.
This is the first primer I've used, so I don't really have anything else to compare it with.
First off, I thought it was cheap, but tiny. I was afraid of using too much in case I ran out of it on my second squeeze!
It does smooth and brighten up my face, and is good on it's own as well as under foundation. It's not very moisturizing, so it can leave my oily/dry skin a bit dry, but if I moisturize properly before hand it's not really a problem.
I would buy it again, and I like the idea of having 3 to choose from. Good idea, and pretty good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by rm127

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't used many primers but this is great for the price. very light weight blendable and sheer. Definately helps control oil and give longer lasting wear for foundation. Can also be worn on it's own as a tinted moisturiser like other shave said. Would buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by lilmz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

not bad, very light, hint of colour, good to use as a tinted moisteriser, have been just using it around my nose to hide a little bit of the uneven skin tone around there, am looking for a better product but if i can't find i'd keep using this

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 4:02:00 AM More reviews by VickyT_47

The best primer I've found so far. Works a treat for both liquid and powder based foundations (try it under MAC Studio Fix). Spreads really easily and goes a long way. Gives that perfect, diffused silicone matte texture on its own- truly a gorgeous look. Definitely increases how long foundation lasts (and foundation normally comes off easily on my skin). It also has a long lasting mattifying effect.

It is not especially moisturising; if your skin is dry or you have flaky patches then a light dab of moisturiser would be needed. Overall, it does what I want out of a primer- to mattify my skin, make my foundation last longer and not break me out.

I wish they'd made it into a bigger tube when it became permanent- if it came in a 30mL or larger tube, I'd use it everyday as a tinted moisturiser/mattifier.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by julieohho

i love this product. Its the only thing that i can use as a foundation without having to freak out if it will make my face break out. Its not cakey or greasy at all. It gives that natural makeup look!!! i hate makeup that makes you look like a clown. The only thing is you probably need a concealer as this isnt the product for that. It brightens my face and gives that fresh look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A little gem! This product is inexpensive and really evens out skin tone and mattifies the face. It is a very good base for foundation but it also works well on its own, to make the skin look less flawed. It is slightly tinted, but when applied, the primer blends into the skin without leaving any visible trace of colour. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2008 4:50:00 AM More reviews by missmoonshine

When I first bought this in early 2007, I was excited to see an inexpensive primer in the store. I used the peachy apricot toned product. It was a little warm for my skintone, but seemed to absorb oil from my t-zone quite well and created a nice base for foundation. I found it a little too harsh on my dry cheeks, but it was not particularly painful.

I would be interested to see if Rimmel decide to put out a fuller sized version of this product, or whether this was a once-off.

Overall, it wasn't bad, but I wouldn't buy again.