October 25, 2014 | 1111 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Recover Perfect Skin Primer - Anti Redness

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 7:28:00 AM More reviews by thupham2

What makes this primer better than expensive ones is that it does not feel wet like a moisturizer , it has a smooth silicone feel to it that is mattifying. (That said, it is best to moisturize before applying or else the light green colour may emphasize dry skin). Really, I like this for the smooth silky feel more than anything else!
Your face is shine-free upon application and the smoothness suggests that it is providing a good veil/barrier against your natural oils.

Redness does not go away with this primer. The face just appears whiter overall; any red parts are muted into a warm pink that gradually intensifies with wear and time.

It also has unimpressive staying power. It does not mattify for a miraculously long time , just the same as most primers, which is, say 2-3 hours before you start appearing shiny in flash photography at night.
Plus, even though it makes your skin feel super smooth and poreless, that smoothness is lost as soon as you start applying foundation; thus the smoothness doesn't translate through to the actual makeup - which it should.

Although I totally heart the smooth silicone feel of this product, it really doesn't do its job, so I shan't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, i love this! It really does tone down redness, but not as much as the Boots No 7 "colour calming base" does. However, this still does provide a lovely base before foundation. I find this works BEAUTIFULLY when worn under Benefit's Get Even powder in #2. This is also one of those primers that looks good on its own, since the green really blends right in. It does lighten skin a tad, so be sure to use only a tiny bit. If you are getting a white cast then you are using too much. The tube is small, but it lasts a long time because you only need a tiny smidge each time. (like the size of two pencil erasers).

I wear this primer over my Boots "Protect & Perfect" Beauty Serum. The combination works great for me. My skin looks quite soft and poreless for the rest of the day. No irritation whatsoever. In fact, i found this primer to be rather soothing.
For the record, i am NC20/25ish with fair olive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by msmaryk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It doesn't remove much redness more than any other colour from your face.

Great if you're going for that sexy zombie look...
Oh! and then you put your foundation on and it's all good.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by RikuMae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i didnt really like this product as though i felt it got rid of some redness all it really did was make my face paler so i lokked ill not good

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by thelittleplum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Having been cursed with acne ever since I started puberty, I've wasted years and money trying to get rid of them with little success. This primer actually works though - it minimises redness so it's barely visible and it actually gives the impression of me having perfect clear skin. In fact it's even helped my spots to clear up. Also works on red areas on the side of the nose as well. Quite expensive but has lasted me a few months with everyday use.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2008 7:01:00 AM More reviews by monica4xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hides redness very well and i would definitely buy again, in fact i have about 6 primers already. some unopened! once i apply foundation my skin looks very even toned and healthy. a good buy

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by allyclare

I really wanted to like this primer as i had read some great reviews on this site. It did improve the wearability of my foundation which was great but it also stuck slightly to the dry areas around my mouth/chin area a tiny bit, but it was nooo biggie. However, the second time i wore this primer i felt like little bugs were crawling all over my face. I was basically itching the product off(especially around my nose) which made my face red. At first i tried just twitching my nose (like Nicole Kidman in bewitched), than the sensation grew stronger and i thought there was definitely a little insect on my face, than thousands of imaginary insects were dancing on my face. I am not a majorly sensitive gal and i have never reacted this badly to makeup before. I would have rated this product more highly if it didn't make me feel like i was on crack!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2008 4:27:00 AM More reviews by sproose35

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product, it’s a great base for my makeup, the green tinge is not highly noticeable and it makes a difference to my red skin, I put foundation on over it, not sure how it will look with out it. I will defiantly by this again, it’s cheap and works well on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by misspoppy

this is the best primer i have used and i can't wait to try out the others! gets rid of redness and leaves an awesome base for makeup! for $10 you should try it.

update: i have also started using the healthy glow primer and find it to be perfect for achieving a no makeup look, i dont need foundation when i use this primer! when you first put it on i was a bit put off cause my skin was looking red but when your skin settles down it looks good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 3:55:00 AM More reviews by erotic_snail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this product! I should preface this by stating I am definitely no primer connoisseur, and prior to using this I wondered if it was even necessary.
In the warm Australian climate, when I'm going to be at work for 9 hours it is definitely something that makes my make up last and keeps me looking just as polished when I'm coming home as I did when I was leaving home.
This makes the tone of my skin look more even and knocks out redness in the areas that are prone to them - cheeks and nose. I can get really flushed during warm weather and it completely stops that from coming through.
It doesn't feel heavy at all, even with this and foundation my skin still feels like SKIN!
Can't recommend this enough, it's so cheap and such an awesome product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No