October 2, 2014 | 1457 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Recover Perfect Skin Primer - Brightening

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I purchase the Rimmel Recover Perfect Skin Primer Brightening in 002.
It comes in smally handy tube I blieve of about 10-15mL, which is efficient to carry around in your bag. It is a tinted primer therefore you can wear it alone or in my case I use it a touch up. It is a light weighted formula, glides on my face effortlessly and dries to a slight but hardly noticeable powder.
It is not durable, fades extremely fast. It did brighten my face, but at the same time my face looks really plain and dull.
I personally did not find this product all that great. even as a primer it did not hold my makeup together as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by solai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The primer does not brighten my skin nor am I took convinced of its amazing priming qualities. However, it's a great help in correcting foundation shades. I have very fair skin and need a slightly pinkish shade when most of the lightest shades are very yellow. I use this primer to correct my foundation and in this it works great.

If you need a pink shade in your liquid foundation, this might help.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by ellyray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after very careful research on the MUA boards. At the same time I also bought Natio's Ageless Primer for my sister... I hope her results are better than mine.

Overall, I can't say this product does much at all for me. It goes on a little dry and chalky (best on bare unmoisturised skin actually - have tried it with and without), but in my opinion my makeup looks and feels exactly the same as it always does. I don't tend to wear makeup for longer than 4-5 hours at a stretch, so I can't really comment on staying power and oil control. It certainly provides no more of a 'flawless' look than regular foundation does, but I do have terrible skin (acne scarring) and I wasn't expecting a miracle, so fair enough I guess.

I also notice that if I don't wear a reasonably heavy foundation, it makes my (very pale NW15) face look very pink.

I will continue to use it in combination with different types of makeup, maybe it will have a more obvious impact with other products. So far I wouldn't say it's a bad product, just a pretty pointless one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by sikorskypm

This product is awesome.
It has a great smell, and melts into your skin.
If you have a pallid (pale) complexion and or dark circles under eyes, this product is great. It has a peach tone which counteracts blue, and enhances "life" in face color.
It also makes any foundation go on very well, and even if you have a "cheap" brand, the primer almost acts as a buffer/barrier so the foundation doesn't sink into your pores.
I highly recommend this to anyone, the color is universal.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by jumblebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't use this as an all over primer because I find it irritates dry patches of my skin but it is AMAZING under my eyes. i mix it in with a tiny bit of mineral powder concealer and dark eye circles are gone! I just make sure to moisturise under my eyes beforehand. Its also nice as a brow bone highlighter.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by moopsmcphee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good primer for the price.
In colour, texture and effect it is very similar to Benefit 'That Gal'. It's packaged in a squeezable tube which is good as you are able to only squeeze out a small amount at a time, which is all you need.
I have been using it mixed into my sunscreen, to take out the nasty 'ghostly' appearance sunscreen gives me under foundation. I've also tried it alone and it works well, makes foundation easier to appy. It has worked for me under both Revlon Colourstay and Everyday Minerals Semi Matte.
It also does not aggravate my rosacea prone, sensitive skin.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No