Lancome Color Fever 244 Private Beige

on 1/12/2011 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This shade is a HG for many individuals who adore nude pink lips. We are all sad to learn that this shade has been discontinued.

I lost mine some time during summer or winter while traveling.

What a sad day it is.

on 7/19/2010 10:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I'm reviewing this REALLY late as it's now discontinued but had to have my say! This is my absolute HG nude lipstick. It works perfectly on my cool toned fair skin (NW20) - it's subtle without washing me out and looks great with a smoky or metallic eye.
I'd describe it as a pinky-beige nude. I've been trying to find a match for it for ages but still haven't found anything as good. In terms of colour I'd say it's a pinker version of MAC Blankety, with a better texture. It's also similar to Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Colour in Crystal Pink but is a bit less brown and, as another reviewer has said, to YSL Rouge Pur 132, although Private Beige has no shimmer.
Lancome - please being this back!
EDIT: for anyone looking for a dupe of this - I think I've found it! YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Beige Tribute (10) is almost identical. I prefer the texture of the Lancome and it is perhaps a tiny tiny bit of a warmer shade than the YSL but I'm very happy with it as a replacement.

on 10/23/2008 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I cannot explain how much I love this shade. It is perfect for both daytime and evening wear. In the evening, I put on a nude gloss on top to balance out heavy eye makeup, and in the daytime I use a pink gloss to give my lips a sheer baby-pink look. I also adore the scent!

on 4/11/2008 4:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Another nude HG introduced by Albion herself again!
This one is in my opinion the re-incarnation of the d/c "Vanilla Dream" of which i used up about 3 tubes.
As far as the nude lipstick concept goes this follows the same line of MAC Body Suit and Guerlain 460 (i find it is a great substitute for the latest), meaning the nude beige concept with the pink/fleshy undertones, in a superb creamy texture (no shimmer)
And for the Lancôme lipstick scent haters: it's gone, in fact i don't notice any whatsoever!
It comes in a sleek silvery metallic packaging.
Verdict: expensive yes ($37 here) but worth every cent.!

continued >>

on 11/22/2007 8:19:00 AM

I first saw this on the promotional stand for the Precious Light LE (holiday '07 collection). So I'm hoping this is being introduced as a regular shade and not just a limited edition lipstick. Firstly the tube is silver with brown see through panels and is reasonably weighty.

The colour is without a doubt my HG nude. It has no shimmer or glitter and is just perfectly neutral and nude. It isn't so light that it washes me out or gives me that too peachy look that J-Lo sometimes favours. It has a bit of body to it but without being at all caramel or brown. If you are looking for the perfect nude, then this is it.

I like to wear it with Color Fever Gloss in 212 that I also picked up from the Precious Light collection. Please note that these shades do not appear to be available on the Lancome UK website. The Precious Light LE collection that they currently have differs from the items that my Debenhams counter had.

Popular Lipsticks