Orly La Vida Loca

4.7

on 7/7/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Orly La Vida Loca is a VERY bright, fluorescent hot pink color with slight purplish undertone to it. It is a very unique color - I own dozens of pink nail polishes but nothing like this! It is so bright in the sun that it almost hurts my eyes to look at my nails. Consistency of the nail polish is great and I use two thick or three thin coats to get full opacity. Staying power is great with top coat - I can wear it for 5 days until it starts to chip slightly. I would definitely buy it again but I think I will never finish the 18ml bottle!

Edit/: I forgot to mention that this nail polish has a matte finish without a top coat and can therefore look dull, so make sure you use a high-shine top coat if you do not like nail polishes with matte finish.

on 11/13/2013 3:33:00 PM

Love this colour! Lots of compliments and wears well. Needs 2 coats of clear top coat but is amazing..Found it at Sally's beauty supply for a good price....

on 4/19/2012 1:21:00 PM

This color is SO pretty. The most perfect hot hot almost neon pink color ever! I love it! The only issue I have is that the application isnt as smooth as i like. In my experience the first coat dries quick to an almost matte but as soon as I go to put my second coat on, it clumps up my first layer. Maybe waiting a long time for the first coat to really set would help. It doesnt stop me from grabbing this polish but it is annoying. I also wish it was more opaque with the first coat. I need 2- 3 coats for full opaquenis. I would recommend this still and I will buy again if I run out. The color is just too dang pretty. Everyone should own this.

on 4/30/2011 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gorgeous!! Applies smoothly and dries fast. It's not as opaque or neon bright as I'd like so I paint on two coats of a nice bright hot pink then a few coats of this color over top. It's so shiny. Love the bottle too.

on 10/21/2009 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was introduced to this color when I got a manicure. They had none there to purchase, so I went hunting. I finally had to order it on-line, but would do it again in a hot pink heartbeat! I LOVE this color!! It is such a fun irridescent purply-pink. Hard to describe - a friend called it "Hootchy-mama-pink" LoL! Do not wear this if you don't want to be noticed! It wears well. I use a basecoat, two color coats, and a top coat, and it looks fresh for at least 5 days, and yes, I do housework, wash dishes, type and file for those 5 days. :)

on 7/17/2008 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is not as purple as I was expecting, but it's so pretty and vivid I can't help but love it. I love the grippy top of the bottle. It's so much easier to hold than other polishes, which means a lot to a klutz like me.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is the most beautiful (and bright, but not neon) purple with a slight hint of pink. It's certainly not for the wallflower, though! This looks great on my toes, and amuses me on my hands--it's just such a FUN color! It's great for the spring and summertime. The consistency and the wear is great. I put some Out the Door topcoat on this, and it's all set. LOVE IT!!!!