October 20, 2014 | 1704 users online

Cleansers - Lanolin Makeup Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Thegoodbadugly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This a review for liquid lanolin. I don't have a brand preference .After discovering that my sensitive, oily-prone, dehydrated skin could tolerate Burts Bees Orange Essence facial cleanser, I decided to test out some of the same ingredients in the cleanser for use as a MUR. I bought the NOW brand based on it being the lowest price option available at the time. When I went to restock via Amazon, I found the pricing and shipping terms better on iHerb.com for the Home Health brand. I have been using this for over 3 months in a mixture of 75% lanolin oil with 25% EVOO as a makeup remover for mascara, smudge-proof eyeliner, and stick foundation. 1 bottle will last for 2-3 months. I read that the reversed ratio of squalane oil with lanolin oil was very good for MUR and lanolin and olive oils are some of the main ingredients i n Burts Bees Orange Essence facial cleanser. I can't use the Orange Essence for MUR and squalane is too expensive (to me) and doesn't provide enough anti-friction protection for wiping off MU. This blend causes minimal, if any, irritation from the effort of MUR because of its thick consistency and leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated. (One abrasive swipe with a cloth, tissue, whether using other oils, PC Gentle MUR or Neutrogena MUR cloths and my face turns reds and will "burn" if I continue or try to use anything else on it.) After I gently pat it on, I let it "sit" for 5 minutes and then wipe it off using a silk cotton pad from CB that is moistened with warm water. I repeat this process 2 more times, but for the last two applications emulsify it with warm water by gently patting on the water (until the oils turn opaque) and "swipe" my hands across my face,eyelids, and eyelashes. NO RUBBING or massaging in the oils . I then wait about 5 minutes before washing my face and I've even fallen asleep w/o washing my face and did not wake up with whiteheads. I've also not experienced any "oily or burning eyes". I'm very pleased with this combination- works better than EVOO or jojoba oil as the sole oil and it's relatively inexpensive. Dependent on the type of foundation that you use, you may be able to use less applications for MUR. You can also use it on your hair or for making other lotions and creams. I use the anhydrous, solid (wax) form to make a foot cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2008 9:12:00 AM More reviews by nunzi182

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is great as a lip balm and dry cracked hands. The smell is a little rough at first but it's really worth it for all the benefits!