Neutrogena Wave ™ (Power-Cleanser And Deep Clean Foaming Pads)

3.1

Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG 8, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Menthol, Fragrance.

on 1/31/2015 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

When I bought this little gizmo 3 years ago, I never though I'd be singing its praises all this time later. But the tiny cleansing device has become a staple for me, a 30-something with oily skin who lives in a humid, tropical city. I've ignored the directions on the box and it has worked better for me and saved me money. Here's how

Don't overdo it. I still remember how smooth my face felt after the very first use, it made me reach for the Wave almost daily. But after a while all I got out of the Wave were breakouts. Once a week is enough for me.

Don't bother with the Deep Clean cleanser. For me, it's the texture of the pads that does the trick, not the harsh stuff they are soaked with. So I wet a fresh pad, squeeze out their cleanser and add a drop of my own - Clinique Liquid Facial Soap. This means less lather, less worry about reacting badly to their formula, and less waste as I rinse the pad while it's still on the device and reuse next week. A pad lasts me a month, so refills are less of a pinch.

Don't use for too long. One swipe over my skin is enough. I break out every time and every place I've let the Wave linger.

Don't neglect corners. The device is good for cleaning the tricky area around the nose.

Don't expect it to remove makeup. Use your remover and use this after. Or on days when you haven't worn more than powder. I've tried combining it with Clinique's rinse-off remover, my makeup didn't come off.

Don't ignore the elbows. When it's the last use for my pad and I'm done with my face, I use the Wave on my elbows. It's pretty good at exfoliating those dry bits. It does a good job at exfoliating lips too.

Neutrogena should make pads without cleanser. I'd imagine that women who are loyal to other cleansers would buy them, and the Wave would sell better. It's fuss free gizmo, even the battery lasts forever.

on 9/25/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For something that's under $20, I think this power cleanser is not too bad. The vibration gives my face a nice massage. It does make my face feel softer after using it, but does not give that deep clean feeling nor does it exfoliate like how a more expensive brand might. I don't use it every day either, so it does not give my skin any problems.

I don't know why people are comparing this to the Clarisonic. The Wave costs less than $20, while the Clarisonic is well over $100. I think it's common sense that something that costs significantly less will not work as well.

Nonetheless, the Wave is inexpensive and does the job well enough for its value.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Yeah I'm not even going to bother with this. It was terrible. A waste of money.

on 8/16/2014 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product sucks donkey balls. Its just terrible. I purchased it to use in rotation with my Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System so that I could give the Olay one a break every now and again but that's not happening. First of all the wave does nothing - why did they even make it vibrating? This has no effect what so ever. The pads that go with it are just awful with the worst cleanse4r imaginable - basically I rinsed the cleanser off and used my own/preferred.

I am glad this was only like 10 bucks or I would be hella mad. This product blows.

on 8/16/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Not impressed. Bought this for $10. Made me breakout and plus the pads that come with it have sulfates which is horrible for people with sensitive skin. Doesn't come near the clarisonic.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My SIL got me this for Christmas as she has one and absolutely loves it for both cleansing and exfoliating. Sadly, it doesn't do a damn thing for me. I had hoped it would be a decent exfoliator for those stubborn nooks and crannies that my daily BHA treatment fails to conquer but the broad flat head is useless at getting into the small groves of my face. This might be ok exfoliating your cheeks or forehead, but it was useless around my nose. And I don't know if the pads that came with it are just duds or what, but they didn't foam up at all. If they did any cleaning at all, it was no more than what you could accomplish with a washcloth and water. The only task I find this product useful for is as a facial massager.

on 12/11/2013 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, I do not use the pads that come with this. They have sulfates in them, which I cannot use on my sensitive skin. I cleanse my skin, tone, then use this with a clean, damp cotton pad to exfoliate. A lot of exfoliators are too harsh for me, and this is very gentle. To be completely honest, I bought this years ago, used it once or twice, then put it away in a drawer to never be used again, since I found it 'useless.' I recently found it again and started using it as an exfoliator (instead of with a pad to remove makeup) and it's lovely, though not HG status.

on 11/14/2013 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This gimmicky cleaning tool didn't work for me. couldn't even compare to clarisonic,even my scrublet that I get from the loreal go 360 clean cleanser works a lot better than this tool. save your money and pass on this one.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have combination skin and I found that this was really drying on my skin, and the pads that came with it made my skin sting (I also have fairly sensitive skin) so I will not be repurchasing. However, I think this would be good for people with normal or non sensitive skin.

on 10/10/2013 4:53:00 PM

I have another review on the power cleanser. I have the foaming pads and they work great i also have the gentle exfoliating pads. I use them both and my skin feels softer after every use. You just have to use the power cleanser for a couple minutes and rinse well. After you do that it works perfect i promise.