April 20, 2014 | 1624 users online

Deodorants - Lavilin Deoderant Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I tried this stuff for a month, and am very disappointed by it. It just doesn't work. Apparently the product was reformulated in recent years and it's the old version people swore by, where they could go up to a month between deodorant applications. I'm going back to the Lavanila deodorant stick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by rklein

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lavilin was my first encounter with a deodorant cream, and it is weird applying to the underarm area with your fingers, but once you get used to it, this product is totally worth it! I apply once a week, and no matter what I do - swim, yoga, run, shower - I don't have any body odor. Truly amazing results, I have recommended to a number of friends who also seem to love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by LexiVoley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Solid odor protection

I lead a very active lifestyle and have always been on a lookout for solid deodorant. Tried everything, from those with strong sent to those very basic ones with straight baking soda. Until recently, when I discovered Lavilin, and results have been truly impressive. One application and I am good to go for a week or so. Truly liberating. Would recommend to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product since it came recommend from a friend and my initial research of it online was promising. It worked fabulously the first few weeks but then gradually stopped working efficiently. I didn't reach the point where I could just use it once every few days. I have a super active lifestyle (dance teacher/performer), and I 'work out' several hours a day. In fact, I found I had to reapply or add more to my pits for them to last the day. That may have been a case of Newton's Law whereby 'there is always an equal and opposite reaction' but it just got tiring. Also, I had white pits which were funny at first, but NOT SO MUCH when I had a performance and my top was sleeveless. Nothing more dreaded than having armpit hairs to the audience as WHITE DEODORANT mark. Lasts a decent amount of time. I still have half the tub after many months. Quite expensive though, I think I paid nearly $18 with tax included. Not for me unfortnately, but maybe I'll use it in a rotation since it worked at first...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

While this works for me in the fall and winter, it unfortunately didn't keep me odor-free during the summer months. Some days it was almost like I didn't have deoderant on at all. I don't know if this is due to my body chemistry or something else. I used up my container (which lasted me well over a year), but will probably not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by jmh1wdh2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lavilin Deodorant Cream works if you are patient!!! I have tried every natural deodorant out there with less than satisfactory results and much disappointment. I took 4 whole weeks before it was effective. I just keep putting in on as instructed when I had odor. Now, just as promised, I am only having to apply this about once a week. I am odor free even after sweaty work outs. It is a very thick white opaque paste when applied and dries to a faint white. HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by rutabega

I have been using Lavilin for about a year. I will likely keep using it. I find that it works well. It has no harsh chemicals, so I feel like I'm doing something positive. Unlike the crystal deoderants or liquid roll-ons, you rub this in and that's it... you are less likely to get marks on clothing--out of wetness or whiteness. I am a swimmer, so I reapply more often than the average person--but I would do that with any deoderant. I like the very mild fragrance. It is expensive... I've seen it for $15 in the health food stores, but for $9 online.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 2:01:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

This does NOT WORK at all. I went through the recommended adjustment phase, followed the directions and used the product for a couple of weeks. Not only did it not work, I actually smelled a LOT worse than usual. It was simply awful, totally embarassing. I understand there's a purging period, but it shouldn't last that long, nor should I have to go out and live my life smelling like a barnyard animal...Funny how when I went through the adjustment phase on Certain Dri, I had no issues with wetness or odor. Same thing with the crystal. This stuff is pretty pricey too, though I guess it would last a while. Doesn't matter though, if it doesn't work...don't waste your money or time on this one!