September 16, 2014 | 1841 users online

Deodorants - Lavilin Deodorant Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was using this after washing with Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap and I thought it was working OK. A dear friend pulled me aside and asked what was going on since I smelled BAD and she knew I bathed regularly. It was this Lavilin stuff. I hardly sweat at all, but my BO could knock you over esp. when it is flop sweat (sweat from nerves not exertion.) This might work for less odiferous humans.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Berrytree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This made me get a terrible rash! let me start off by saying I am allergic to anything with baking soda or potassium alum (crystal deodorants) in it. This has neither of those ingredients in it so I bought this with high hopes. One application lasts up to 7 days?! Sign me up! But within a couple of hours of applying this product, my pits were ON FIRE. Unfortunately I had zero luck trying to wash it off as it stays on through showers, etc. It took a couple of days for the rash to subside.
I gave it three lippies though because i had no b.o for three days, which is pretty amazing for a natural product (or any deodorant for that matter. I'm pretty stinky) if i weren't so sensitive, this would be the holy grail of pit stick

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Sprouts because I didn't want to drive all the way to Sephora to buy my Holy Grail Lavanila deodorant.

Why this product stinks in bullet points:

- You will probably stink soon after you apply it

-Sticky mess that is impossible to wash off one's hands

-What is with the "adjustment period" nonsense? More like you might get used to your own stench- in which case, more power to you, but no thanks.

-Did I mention it doesn't work?

As ineffective as Tom's of Maine, Nature's Gate, Alba, Kiss My Face, baby powder, and Burt's Bees for me. Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by eggie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this since 2010, when it was recommended to me by my mother. I live in southern Africa where, as you might imagine, I do a fair amount of sweating for most of the year (we do get a brief respite in the winter). I have been using it consistently since then. Most of the time, I only need to apply it every few days. Occasionally, I'll get odor after just a day. On those rare occasions, I chalk it up to lazy application on my part, especially if I'm rushing to get to work after my shower. After 3 days, I get odor if I haven't reapplied so I guess my armpits aren't as odor-resistant as other users (a week?! nice!). I have kept other natural deodorants around for those times when I just don't want to mess with smearing it on with my fingers (the application method is the one problem that I have with this product, actually). But those other products simply don't work as well; they never even get me through a single day odor-free. Conventional deodorants have never worked for me either. Lavilin is the only thing I've ever used that has helped.

Related Tip: I carry a bottle of hand sanitizer in my purse for emergency armpit odor situations, which do happen if I go too long between Lavilin applications, most often because I lost track of the last time I put it on. One dollop of hand sanitizer on each pit knocks out odor immediately and for hours. The Body Shop has some nice ones (I like pink grapefruit).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I tried this stuff for a month, and am very disappointed by it. It just doesn't work. Apparently the product was reformulated in recent years and it's the old version people swore by, where they could go up to a month between deodorant applications. I'm going back to the Lavanila deodorant stick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by rklein

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lavilin was my first encounter with a deodorant cream, and it is weird applying to the underarm area with your fingers, but once you get used to it, this product is totally worth it! I apply once a week, and no matter what I do - swim, yoga, run, shower - I don't have any body odor. Truly amazing results, I have recommended to a number of friends who also seem to love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by LexiVoley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Solid odor protection

I lead a very active lifestyle and have always been on a lookout for solid deodorant. Tried everything, from those with strong sent to those very basic ones with straight baking soda. Until recently, when I discovered Lavilin, and results have been truly impressive. One application and I am good to go for a week or so. Truly liberating. Would recommend to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product since it came recommend from a friend and my initial research of it online was promising. It worked fabulously the first few weeks but then gradually stopped working efficiently. I didn't reach the point where I could just use it once every few days. I have a super active lifestyle (dance teacher/performer), and I 'work out' several hours a day. In fact, I found I had to reapply or add more to my pits for them to last the day. That may have been a case of Newton's Law whereby 'there is always an equal and opposite reaction' but it just got tiring. Also, I had white pits which were funny at first, but NOT SO MUCH when I had a performance and my top was sleeveless. Nothing more dreaded than having armpit hairs to the audience as WHITE DEODORANT mark. Lasts a decent amount of time. I still have half the tub after many months. Quite expensive though, I think I paid nearly $18 with tax included. Not for me unfortnately, but maybe I'll use it in a rotation since it worked at first...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

While this works for me in the fall and winter, it unfortunately didn't keep me odor-free during the summer months. Some days it was almost like I didn't have deoderant on at all. I don't know if this is due to my body chemistry or something else. I used up my container (which lasted me well over a year), but will probably not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by jmh1wdh2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lavilin Deodorant Cream works if you are patient!!! I have tried every natural deodorant out there with less than satisfactory results and much disappointment. I took 4 whole weeks before it was effective. I just keep putting in on as instructed when I had odor. Now, just as promised, I am only having to apply this about once a week. I am odor free even after sweaty work outs. It is a very thick white opaque paste when applied and dries to a faint white. HG for me.