Lavilin Deodorant Cream

3.2

on 5/29/2015 4:25:00 PM

I am using this because i no longer want to put toxins on my skin. Read reviews that this is the only product that works which is natural. I am pleased with it so far - I got the 72HR protection and it smells very nice. I do not notice a smell unless I am super, super stressed and in the sun sweating. Only thing that sucks is it is about $20, and a stick of Dove is like $2.00. I guess you can't put a price on your health!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been using Lavilin Underarm Deodorant Cream, 12.5 gr. size by Lavilin for 2 months and I love it, this is my first one. I'm almost finished and will be repurchasing at Amazon through the subscribe & save program because it is $11.88 the cheapest I've found so far but always checking.
The first 2 weeks I used it everyday then decided to test it at the gym and not apply. Wow I sweat yes but no smell whatsoever! I had everybody sniff me lol. Now I apply twice a week and I'm odourless.
It's not easy to apply it's thick and pasty and white. It says to apply on dry underarms which is not easy at all. I wet my fingers slightly at the sink and massage it in and I used less product and it worked beautifully and it is let white.
I have NO white residue on my black clothes

on 10/1/2014 1:58:00 PM

I recently purchased this product after finding myself thoroughly frustrated due to the fact that the multitude of natural deodorants (Alba, Arm & Hammer, Toms of Maine, etc.) no longer worked for me. I guess my body chemistry has changed. I applied this on a Saturday night and needed to re-apply it by Tuesday night. I had only noticed a faint trace of B.O., but I don't like stink. The packaging clearly states that you must initially build up to where it may be possible to abstain for up 7 days without re-applying the product. So far I'm not reacting to this deodorant which is a huge plus, because I cannot use the crystal deodorants and the homemade baking soda formulation gave me horrible rashes. This stuff is expensive. $17 and change for a small jar, but then again it only takes a small amount of the thick cream to cover both underarms. If this product ends up working like it's advertised - 7 days without re-applying - and it is indeed effective at preventing B.O., then it may very well be worth it.

***EDIT - WARNING!!!*** After I used this deodorant for a few months the effectiveness started wearing off and I developed an awful odor that I have never had in my life. Even without the use of a deodorant and working out in the heat all day, I have never stunk that badly. Also, I developed a large lump under my armpit. I'm convinced that it is a blocked sweat gland as a result of using this product. I have never had anything like it before.***

on 8/17/2014 8:51:00 PM

I was using this after washing with Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap and I thought it was working OK. A dear friend pulled me aside and asked what was going on since I smelled BAD and she knew I bathed regularly. It was this Lavilin stuff. I hardly sweat at all, but my BO could knock you over esp. when it is flop sweat (sweat from nerves not exertion.) This might work for less odiferous humans.

on 6/27/2014 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This made me get a terrible rash! let me start off by saying I am allergic to anything with baking soda or potassium alum (crystal deodorants) in it. This has neither of those ingredients in it so I bought this with high hopes. One application lasts up to 7 days?! Sign me up! But within a couple of hours of applying this product, my pits were ON FIRE. Unfortunately I had zero luck trying to wash it off as it stays on through showers, etc. It took a couple of days for the rash to subside.
I gave it three lippies though because i had no b.o for three days, which is pretty amazing for a natural product (or any deodorant for that matter. I'm pretty stinky) if i weren't so sensitive, this would be the holy grail of pit stick

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this at Sprouts because I didn't want to drive all the way to Sephora to buy my Holy Grail Lavanila deodorant.

Why this product stinks in bullet points:

- You will probably stink soon after you apply it

-Sticky mess that is impossible to wash off one's hands

-What is with the "adjustment period" nonsense? More like you might get used to your own stench- in which case, more power to you, but no thanks.

-Did I mention it doesn't work?

As ineffective as Tom's of Maine, Nature's Gate, Alba, Kiss My Face, baby powder, and Burt's Bees for me. Will definitely not repurchase.

on 5/11/2014 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this since 2010, when it was recommended to me by my mother. I live in southern Africa where, as you might imagine, I do a fair amount of sweating for most of the year (we do get a brief respite in the winter). I have been using it consistently since then. Most of the time, I only need to apply it every few days. Occasionally, I'll get odor after just a day. On those rare occasions, I chalk it up to lazy application on my part, especially if I'm rushing to get to work after my shower. After 3 days, I get odor if I haven't reapplied so I guess my armpits aren't as odor-resistant as other users (a week?! nice!). I have kept other natural deodorants around for those times when I just don't want to mess with smearing it on with my fingers (the application method is the one problem that I have with this product, actually). But those other products simply don't work as well; they never even get me through a single day odor-free. Conventional deodorants have never worked for me either. Lavilin is the only thing I've ever used that has helped.

Related Tip: I carry a bottle of hand sanitizer in my purse for emergency armpit odor situations, which do happen if I go too long between Lavilin applications, most often because I lost track of the last time I put it on. One dollop of hand sanitizer on each pit knocks out odor immediately and for hours. The Body Shop has some nice ones (I like pink grapefruit).

on 1/6/2014 2:00:00 PM

I tried this stuff for a month, and am very disappointed by it. It just doesn't work. Apparently the product was reformulated in recent years and it's the old version people swore by, where they could go up to a month between deodorant applications. I'm going back to the Lavanila deodorant stick.

on 12/6/2012 1:36:00 PM

Lavilin was my first encounter with a deodorant cream, and it is weird applying to the underarm area with your fingers, but once you get used to it, this product is totally worth it! I apply once a week, and no matter what I do - swim, yoga, run, shower - I don't have any body odor. Truly amazing results, I have recommended to a number of friends who also seem to love it!

on 9/6/2012 3:34:00 PM

Solid odor protection

I lead a very active lifestyle and have always been on a lookout for solid deodorant. Tried everything, from those with strong sent to those very basic ones with straight baking soda. Until recently, when I discovered Lavilin, and results have been truly impressive. One application and I am good to go for a week or so. Truly liberating. Would recommend to anyone!