December 19, 2014 | 1189 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Creme Gloss Lumiere in Pink Truffle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, as a redhead, this comes out red, red, red on my lips, and I have never worn red lipstick. But I have seen some of the posts of the redheads wearing cool colors, and I decided to do something different. The brush draws it so perfectly on my lips. It doesn't sink into my chapped lips. This color makes my teeth look really white and someone commented on how blue my eyes were. This is somewhat daring for me. Should be good for winter. I had to go to Nordstroms and I got sucked into the Chanel Salon again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely product in every way. I love liquid lipsticks, especially for winter, and this one is exceptional. I have to agree with the reddish-berry-pink description--it's a unique color, very flattering, not too dark or light, and it's easy to control depth of the color and intensity with the brush, which is also great--not too large, small, stiff, or floppy. The texture is perfect--you feel like you're applying something that's good for your lips (what a concept). The look is slightly glossy, and the degree can be controlled with the amount you apply. It wears extremely well and leaves a stain, which holds up under several applications of lip balm. The applicator is very well made, although expect to have to do a lot of clicking when you prime it for the first time--I stopped counting at 40. After that, one or two clicks dispenses just the right amount of product. And it closes securely, so you don't have to worry about it opening in your purse. Of course, it's ridiculously expensive since it's Chanel, but you can buy Creme Glosses on eBay for at least $10 below retail. Overall, I'm very impressed and highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 10:49:00 AM More reviews by circe1202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a fabulous new product from Chanel. As someone who really doesn't like the feeling of lipstick and almost exclusively wears gloss (especially Glossimers!), but sometimes wants the color payoff and depth of lipstick, this is perfect. Pink Truffle is a beautiful color, the previous reviewer does a great job of describing it as a reddish-berry-pink. Depending on how much I apply, it can appear as a bright berry pink, or a deeper red with slightly more product (which is actually how I like it best!). It looks sophisticated, not garish, and seems like a neutral red with that extra swipe. It's moisturizing, long-lasting, and leaves a wonderful amount of even color behind when the gloss has worn off. I hope others will love this, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 3:28:00 AM More reviews by voravons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick/lipgloss hybrid is the newest offering from Chanel, released in November 2007. Similar in packaging to Stila Lipglazes, you twist and click to release color into the attached brush. Similarities end there, though. The Creme Gloss Lumiere has a slightly bigger brush, which I find easier to work with. They are more like liquid lipsticks, well-pigmented and last me 4-5 hours before I need to reapply. Slight fruity scent like Rouge Allures and Shu Rouge Unlimited lipsticks. Retails for $32.

Pink Truffle is a reddish-berry-pink, no shimmer. Similar in color to Prodigious Rouge Allure and Lipstick Queen Rose Sinner. Pairs well over lipstick for a bolder look, or you can try it with a gloss on top. continued >>