April 19, 2014 | 872 users online

Powder - NARS - Powder Foundation SPF 12 - Fiji

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Sudania

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

perfect! goes on smooth like silk! stays on all day and you can tell that NARS takes TIME with their formula! there is definetly a world's difference between high end foundations and drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I'm not sure how I should rate this. This powder foundation has a nice texture, keeps my face matte for a good 7 hours, and gives light-medium coverage. However, this shade is way too orange for me and oxidizes throughout the day. I was just surprised since I wear Fiji in the Sheer Matte & Sheer Glow foundations; this seems to be more orange than yellow. Deauville was too pink, and the next two shades were too pale for me. It's too bad. I would have thoroughly enjoyed this product if it weren't for the lack of shade match.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 7:36:00 AM More reviews by realsilicon

This is a staple for me. I used to prefer using liquid foundation but since trying this, I've been religiously repurchasing it whenever I run out. The colour match is fantastic and the coverage is sheer to medium at best - my acne scars are still visible but other than that, this does not go on cakey (unlike my shiseido powder foundation). It doesn't break me out (unlike make up forever) and it is just all round perfect (save that it's not readily available where I live).

I use this with Dior's white reveal UV shield (my sunscreen) as base and my oily mug remains decent for a good couple of hours. It doesn't last all day though, but I don't think anything would last all day on my oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by sandymcr

Great color selection for olive skin i find. However, for the price wont buy again. Find it cakey!!! Everyday minerals is way better

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by mzaragoza

I have bought this powder a few times. It matches my skin tone great, it doesn't make me break out, and it covers up the redness in my cheeks and overall uneven spots. I'm really pleased with the product. The packaging is also beautiful, and I think you can buy a replacement to just slip in and save some money, but I always just buy a new case. Nars is good to my skin, so I'm being good to Nars. If you have light-medium skin, check out this shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by AznGurl08

I was very disappointed in this product, when i did apply the third day it started irritating my face and it made me breakout with little whiteheads!!
The packaging is lovely and the spf a + ....not good for combination skin's like mine....the colour matched too...but i like their orgasm blush...and other eyeshadows have good colours...dont waste your money!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Stardrift

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used NARS balanced liquid foundation and the loose powder with mixed results (its possible the shade wasnt quite right for my olive skin) ,more to do with the fact that both liquid foundation and loose powder are inconvenient to use. I find that I have no patience with liquid foundations and have settled down to powder foundations which are much quicker but have yet to find one that does the job well.MAC studio fix (oxidizes on me to a dark unflattering shade) Tried stila (too shiny),bobbi brown (barely there),prescriptives (ok) and becca (too scented).bought the NARS powder foundation (st.tropez).I like the feel of it.Its very matte, good cover without looking fake and the shade is perfect for my (normal)skin.I would definitely buy again.The case is a bit clunky but thats not important.Also its certainly better than all of the cases of the products mentioned earlier with the exception of bobbi brown.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The packaging of this powder is great, but beyond that I'm not too floored. Color match is decent, SPF is a plus, and the formula's not chalky, but the finish isn't especially smooth or natural, and there are far too many toxic ingredients listed. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by snwsnw

This product was awful! I was really disappointed because the package was so chic! I love NARS blush, but this powder foundation left a lot to be desired. It was really drying and did not have any coverage at all. I'll stick to my Studio Fix powder foundation. It's much cheaper and works like a dream! Back to Sephora for you NARS!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by obsessed098

PROS
-very smooth in texture and feel, perhaps the smoothest powder fndt i've felt so far. smoother than dior forever compact.
-lasting power ok. better than any drugstore anyway.

CONS
-color is not yellow/olive enough for me, kinda has a greyish even pink undertone. if you lean towards neutral you'll love this color.
-can look slightly powdery, highlights dry skin. even with my oily skin, it still looked somewhat cakey and i did not apply much [just a swipe]
-looked fake and unnatural no matter how i tried putting it on. you know how your face looks super smooth and poreless...but artificially so? this is the look. too formal for everyday.
-clogged some pores...but i have enlarged pores anyway.

ALL IN ALL
-this is good for someone with normal/no problem skin. for the unfortunate ladies out there like myself that deal with many skin issues, look elswhere.