Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Cleanser

2.6

on 2/14/2015 10:56:00 AM

This never worked on my skin to clear blackheads or any other type of acne. It is cheap and readily available for teens on a budget, but it hardly suffices to deal with hormonal acne. I think sometimes the grainy texture of this cleanser actually irritated my skin even more. I would not repurchase this because it does not live up to its name.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this product years ago and left the tube at my parents house when I moved out. Every time I visited, I would use this (I know! Its old.) And every time I would notice that my blackheads, whiteheads, clogs whatever would come out a few days later. I finally connected it to this product. It's easy to use (not coarse) and smells pleasant enough. Really cheap too. Although I like to use natural products and don't mind splurging if a product has really good reviews, I can't escape from the fact that this item REALLY WORKS. Its probably pretty harsh and your skin does get very dry after you use it but that's easily fixable. I don't use it more than twice a week anyway. I would not recommend daily use even on oily skin like mine.

on 4/7/2014 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've recently, oddly enough developed a problem with blackheads forming in my cleavage of all places, due to me working out more now. I'm starting to be more physically fit and now I have a new issue. I tried Clean & Clear products on my face during my high school days and I remember them being very harsh and drying, but being this is my chest so I'm not too concerned on that. This product isn't advertised or formulated for body, but it's genuinely very effective. It doesn't really get rid of blackheads but what it does it makes them easier to remove with a blackhead remover or squeeze them out. It's also quite effective at preventing new blackheads. I noticed at least a 90 percent improvement. I would totally buy this again, but just an FYI I purchased the CVS version and it actually works slightly better, because it's less drying. I'll just buy whichever is cheaper at the moment.

on 10/7/2013 3:47:00 PM

this product is a disappointment it is far too harsh on the skin and it does not clear anything let alone blackheads. I personally feel as though the product just burns your face without any real changes being made.

Very disappointed, does not do what it suppose to do. Blackhead still there and very harsh to skin

on 9/22/2012 2:52:00 AM

At first I thought this was working, but after about a week I realised it was just my optimism. I wouldn't but it again. For those who have bad blackheads I would recommend a product called Phisohex. Here in Australia it's dirt cheap, and really seriously works. I get mild acne and it was gone within a week. I get the occasional breakout but that's it. Anyway, this product isn't foamy, and the beads end up in my hair and hard to wash out. I don't really like it, but after you do get that feeling of a 'breathable' nose when you use a nice cleanser.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I loved this product, I never had bad acne problems just pimples here and there, and I always have very dry tight skin so no matter what I use a moisturizer after washing my face.. If this is the face wash I am thinking it is, then this is make your face feel SO clean it will tingle. It is very powerful I feel, but It gets the job done! However, I rated it 3 because CVS has a very good line of face wash products, it is not as powerful and since I have started using it not ONE pimple or anything has came up (almost 2 months) there are no forms for it here, but I must say it is cheapier and the same ingredients! Just make sure you message it in for about 30 seconds, then you will feel it!

on 5/28/2012 6:02:00 AM

I really wanted this product to work for me, but sadly, it did not. The beads were far too large and although they felt like they were scrubbing my skin, they did not remove any blackheads. It left my skin feeling very greasy, like it had a greasy film over it. I had to wash my face again with another cleanser. Usually, I use up the product even if I don't particularly like it but this has been sitting half used on my drawer for over a year. It really shows how much I don't like it and how it doesn't work as advertised.

on 4/2/2011 4:30:00 PM

Two problems with this product: 1. it doesn't do anything to my blackheads; 2. the scrubbing beads are way too big--I find it very harsh. I fear that if I keep on using it I would do damage to the elastogens of my skin. I still have half a tube left but I can foresee that I will very soon break down and throw it away. I am a thrifty person when it comes to makeup--I actually always cut open the tubes and scrape the last bit of product out before tossing, but this one has been trying my tolerance for way too long now.

on 1/31/2011 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is an average cleanser. It didn't really do much for my blackheads, but did seem to help keep my breakouts at bay. The smell was pleasant and the little exfoliating beads were not too harsh or rough. It was alright for the price, which is about average as far as basic drugstore cleansers go, but I woould not repurchase because there are other drugstore cleansers that I prefer.