September 30, 2014 | 1138 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Self Foaming Facial Wash

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this for my kit when I was studying make-up. After finishing my course I started to use this on myself and even though I have oily/acne-prone skin, this just stripped my skin completely and made my skin feel dry and irritated. I broke out more when using this.

Will not repurchase/recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by 12601834

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If u want to feel like you've rubbed acid all over your face, then go ahead & buy this. I didn't even think my skin was sensitive, but this seriously stung & burned my eyes, nose & lips. Avoid!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this has such bad reviews, I'm a massive fan. This is my go to cheap drugstore cleanser. You do have to moisturise after, but that's standard.
The GOOD:
Dirt cheap! I think it is like $6 here, and it lasts ages. I love how it is self foaming. It doesn't feel harsh at all on my sensitive skin, but i feel like it gets rid of the oil. You don't have to scrub or rub, I just use 2 pumps and glide my hands over my face then splash it off with water. The packaging is excellent
The BAD:
Not that great at taking of makeup. If I'm wearing a lot I have to either double cleanse or take of the makeup then cleanse.
I love this and buy it all the time

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by lenny14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually quite like this. While it is slightly drying, a good moisturiser can counteract that. It makes my skin soft and smooth and doesn't make me break out. I would buy this again. But maybe that's just me lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I used to use this back in high school but it would always leave my skin feeling too tight and dry. It made my T-Zone feel less oily, but that's about it. It didn't do much in terms of helping keep breakouts away because I would still get them when using this. Probably best for those who have very clear skin. It foams up very well though and the pump makes it easy to dispense all the product out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by KatKatie

I used to use it about a year ago for ages, and I saw nothing special about it. It only half removed the oil that my T-Zone so generously supplied me with. After half an hour, my skin felt like it hadn't even been washed by water, and in the first half an hour, it was all blotchy. One pack of it lasts a while though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

i tried this , and like the first reviewer it smells like it came from a medical clinic. ths has an orangey color and foams. i used this and when i got done i had red spots on my face. they were gone by the morning, but it didn't seem too good. i quit using this after a few uses and gave it to my friend who wanted it. total waste of money. :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was feeling a little oily and "porey" around the nose area - my usual post summer facial situation. So I tried this on the advice of a much younger coworker, completely ignoring the fact that the rest of my 45 y/o face is DRY. The product has a really pleasant faintly orangey/medicine smell and it definitely foams. And then it proceeded to strip every tiny particle of moisture from my face. After rinsing and drying with a towel, my face felt as taut as if I'd spent ten minutes in a wind tunnel. The outer corners of my eyes and the hair at my temples felt as if they were about to meet - and were not happy in the least about it. I hurriedly applied moisturizer to counteract the drying effect, which did seem to help. And the next morning I awoke to a wash of tiny red bumps across my nose and cheeks. ( They were DRY bumps, I'll give the product that.) Two days of hydrocortisone cream later, I returned to normal ( well, you know, for me.) So if you're really oily, this might just do the trick for you. If you have skin with even remote dryness, back away from the bottle. The weird effect of this is that for those few seconds before I used moisturizer, my skin felt so young and taut (okay, painfully taut.) But it looked no different at all. Kind of like that fabulous " pillow lip" feeling those plumpers give you, while leaving your lips looking like Courtney Cox on a PMS day.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No