October 30, 2014 | 1795 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Long handled Kabuki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by lazyorbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The brush is very soft and you will not feel like you're exfoliating when blending foundation I bought the 11 brush set off Groupon, so the packaging was just a cloth pull string bag with each brush packed in a flimsy plastic sheath. Not sure how the packaging is like for the product bought off Everyday Minerals. The price for the whole package was around USD25 so I got it for quite a cheap price....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Oh wow! I love this brush for applying my mineral makeup. It's so soft and sturdy. I doesnt scratch my face like the bare minerals brushes -which btw is a waste of money. It reminds me of the Eco tools brushes but denser. I love the feel of this brush against my sensitive skin since it wasnt abrasive at all in comparison to the bare minerals brushes.
So please go online to everyday minerals and order this amazing mineral brush and learn your lesson from my mistake when I purchased the bare minerals brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by etain_anders

I'm a fan of EM brushes, but this one kind of struck out for me. It's not bad, but I don't really like it. It's still super soft, doesn't shed, and isn't flimsy (hence the high rating), but for me it falls far short of the Flat Top brush.

It's very dense, but the long bristle length means it bends where you press it to the skin. I feel like EM tried to combine the Flat Top with a blush brush, and ended up with the virtues of neither. The FT's denseness and lack of flexibility makes it perfect for applying thick foundation, while this brush is too flexible for that--but too dense for blush! Maybe if you like very light coverage.

Summary: I own one of these, and three of the Flat Top brushes. The Flat Top's are in constant rotation; this kabuki gathers dust in the back of my drawer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by bexiedust

I share sentiments similar to the reviewer below me.

I too bought the brush several--I would guess four--years ago. It was the perfect brush: full and soft, yet strong, sturdy, and dense. It never shed as well. Unfortunately, the brush head fell out as I was cleaning it recently. I wish I could have just popped it back in, but the glue holding the hairs together had given way and caused much of the hair to fall out and deformed the original shape of the head. Yes, quite the traumatizing experience to see this happen to my HG brush.

Thus, you could imagine my excitement when I saw the same brush was still being sold on the Everyday Minerals website. I believe the price had gone up $2.99 (though don't quote me on that) from the last time I purchased the product, but this price increase was of little concern to me, as I cared only that my beloved brush would soon be in my possession once again.

The only problem is that the brush I reordered is not the brush I fell in love with. This new brush has a brush head much smaller in size, and far less dense, than my original long handled kabuki. These are significant differences that lead the new brush to be less efficient at picking up, applying, and blending mineral foundation. In my opinion, time, makeup, and energy are wasted with the new changes. And, as another reviewer stated, there is an unpleasant "give" you experience when using the new brush that was not present in the original brush of higher quality.

Everyday Minerals, please revert the brush back to what it was before! And, to anyone reading this, if you were fortunate enough to own the original and know of any similar brushes from other lines, please feel free to recommend them to me. Thank you!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by smallNsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me preface this by saying I purchased a long handled Kabuki brush, way back when. I can't even remember how long ago - maybe five years ago? And it is/was my HG brush. Didn't shed, dense, soft. Amazing for applying EDM foundation.

Two months ago, I ordered the same brush again to replace my old one. This one feels different - not as dense, softer (possibly too soft with too much give) AND IT SHEDS LIKE CRAZY!!!!! Each time I use it, about ten hairs come off the brush. Soon it will have no hairs left at all and this is absolutely ridiculous. So disappointed and will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by mindyk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite brushes. Received my first one as a gift from a friend when I told her I needed a good kabuki brush for applying mineral powder foundation but wanted one with a longer handle. It's soft, durable and I think the longer handle lets you control the level of foundation coverage a bit better. My first one lasted several years before dying out (my bad - I let it soak overnight in brush cleaning solution and it dissolved the glue holding the bristles in place...). I replaced it and bought a couple of extras just in case. I use a 2nd one as a buffer brush to even out bronzer and blush. Can't beat the price either.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jadey84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this brush so much! I've used it for so long and it never disappoints me..
Does what it should and the makeup looks awesome with it!.. couldn't survive without it! ...almost. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Awesome brush for as cheap as it is. Definitely soft, so I can see where some people may deem it floppy. However I use MMU, and a light layer of it at that, so the amount of softness and give is exactly what I need. No shedding, cleans easily, doesn't absorb too much powder, dries quickly, and the handle isn't so short that it cramps my long fingers. Plus it's cruelty free!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by xmhacster08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush 4 1/2 years ago and today it finally gave out. One of the best brush I have purchased due to its affordability, quality, and versatile use. I'm going to have to order another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by mujo66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best brush I have ever used. I own two and it is so versatile that it can be used for foundation, all over powder, blush, bronzer. Just anything and doing the best job at it. I love this brush and could not complete my beauty routine without it.