September 20, 2014 | 999 users online

Palettes - Awake - Stardom Collection coffret xmas 2007

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by miranets

I bought this because I collect LE pressed powder palettes, I was quite attracted to the two-textured pressed powder but it was utterly disappointing when used. Nothing special about its finish, but normally Xmas release products are only a variation of colour or arrangement of existing products, not new formulations. The eyeshadows are cute but colours are too dull for my skintone. I've not used anything else because it is so tacky! At least the box is handy for keeping things in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 8:54:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have to echo previous reviewer. I bought this as a gift but tried out all the products myself. I love the nail polish, mascara, powder, clearish shimmer gloss, and cute eyeshadows. IMO, the shadows could be a tad more pigmented, but these are meant to be sheer and shimmery and glowy. Love the packaging and it's a great deal at $50 USD.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 1:17:00 PM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***Please click continued to view pics (there are a lot of them in the review =P)***

I LOVE Christmas time.... it's snowing and it's time for the most delicious cookies....and it's time for the most amazing Japanese X-mas coffrets!

I went a bit nuts this year purchasing the LE items from Lavshuca, Lunasol, Cosme Decorte Magie Deco, IPSA, Maquillage and Esprique Precious (and will get the new Majolica Majorca items soon, too!) and I couldn't resist the beautiful Awake Stardom Collection coffret as soon as I spotted it online.

I never tried any Awake products before. I know it's a brand produced by Japanese cosmetics giant Kose (like Jill Stuart, Cosme Decorte and others) and since I found the overall quality of Kose products increasing a lot over the previous year I decided that the xmas coffret would be a great opportunity to try out a bunch of Awake products for a good price (and being LE made it even more attractive for me)

Anyway, on to the coffret. It costs 6500 Japanese Yen and retails for US$50 in the US which is really affordable for 6 high-quality cosmetic items.
All comes packaged in a gorgeous shimmery sturdy red box (the red cover is a shiny fabric), about 19x10x6cm so it would be a good size to hold nail polishes, mascaras, liners and stuff like that. On top of the cover there's a big window with the Awake logo printed on.
There are 6 makeup items in the lot: 2 eye color quads, a face powder, a nail lacquer, a lip gloss and a mascara.

All Direction Mascara Stardom: Color 01 Ultra Black.
This is actually a great mascara! It comes in a shiny square red tube and has a somehow awkward brush. On top the brush is like a spiral without bristles but 2/3 of the brush are regular bristles. The upper part of the brush is actually quite good for defining the lower lashes and to reach the outer corners. The mascara has some fibers and does a great job at volumizing and lengthening and it keeps the curl perfectly. I think it's waterproof but it removes easily with dual-phase makeup removers.
Contains 6ml, .22 oz

Lipgloss Brilliance Stardom: Color X-1.

This is a very sparkly iridescent very sheer pink lipgloss in a squeeze tube with a slanted applicator. It has a pleasant texture. Not too runny but not sticky either. It's not fragranced and lasts a decent amount of time for a lipgloss.

Contains 16ml, .53 oz.

Face Powder Compact Stardom: Color X-1.

A pretty dual-colored highlighter powder in a mirrored shiny red compact. One half of the powder is a pale slightly shimmery yellowish champagne, the other half is a slightly darker more shimmery champagne color. Comes with a sponge applicator and is a truly pretty highlighter!
Contains 5.5 g, .19 oz.

Nail Lacquer Stardom: Color X-6 Magnetic Violet.
This is the only item in the lot I don't really like so much. It's a very standard glitter nail polish (a clear polish with flecks of purple and silver glitters in various sizes).

Contains 7ml, .24 fl.oz.

Dimensional Eye Color Stardom: 2 Colors: X-1 Love Light and X-2 Angel Wing.
When I first got the kit I was quite disappointed for the tiny size of those eyeshadow quads. Each quad is about the size of 1 single Shu Uemura eyeshadow (though the shiny red Awake compacts are a lot prettier in my opinion)
Anyway, the colors are really pretty and with narrower brushes I can even apply each color individually even though the small stripes would make it easy to mix colors by accident (or intentionally =P). I still would have preferred the e/s to be a bit bigger for easier application but i can live with it. Both e/s are shimmery and medium pigmented. They blend easily and can achieve a lot of different looks if you mix and match the 8 colors in the 2 compacts.

X-1 Love Light is a fresh combination of purple, pink, peach and yellow whereas
X-2 Angel Wing is a smokey combination of dark eggplant, dark taupe grey, champagne and light cream.

Each eye color contains 1.9g, .06 oz.

All items are unfragranced and don't cause any skin irritations on my sensitive normal-dry skin-type.
I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15/Kate OC-A, Maquillage OC-00 with brown eyes.

continued >>