August 21, 2014 | 1034 users online

Powder - Paul & Joe - Loose Face Powder N

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by lala08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great Product!
Great Packaging!
Great Texture!

I love how it gives me that creamy feel yet it gives a very matte coverage. I have this is 01 and 02. For me, it's the best loose powder I have so far. Just have to get used to the scent though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by swalk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder I've tried so far!!!

It comes in this huge pumpkin looking jar. Inside you will find your large puff, a shifter and a pack of your powder (25g). The scent of Paul & Joe powders is amazing, I can't get enough of it!!! The puff is super soft and fluffy.

I have the powder in both 01 (translucent) and 02 (natural). 01 is a white powder that brightens up my skin. It gives a very light finish. 02 is a similar color to MA'C's MSF natural in medium light. By applying the same amount of 01, it's heavier than 01. However, it gives a bit more color on my skin, which is very needed in winter season. For color reference, I'm relatively fair, but with a great yellow undertone. I'm NC 20-25, Armani 4, P&J 01, EL 2N1, Lancome I-50N, RMK 101, Smashbox F1.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 5:02:00 AM More reviews by solai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the lightest shade and I have to say I'm really pleased with this. It's a bit on the expensive side but doesn't make my skin look drabby or darken my foundation and keeps really well. My only concern is the packaging and what to do with it once the product is finished. I love the powder puff and box it comes in but I hope they supply refills because I'd feel awful about chucking it into the trash...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 8:14:00 AM More reviews by sashababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Paul&Joe cosmetics all have that orange blossom fragrance I can't get enough of, and this loose powder gives a girly touch to my morning routine (not to speak of the retro powder box and super big puff, so cute!!!).

Content-wise, this one doesn't come up to the top mark (Cle de Peau and Chantecaille loose powder have long remained unchallenged), but it works remarkably well with P&J's own foundations, for instance the new Moisturizing Compact Foundation. I have this in #2, a medium-fair shade, for reference I am Dior #200, Shiseido PO10, GA LSF #5.

The "N" in the product name signifies a new formula containing "mystery gold powder" that supposedly enhances the complexion and reflects off of blemishes. There are no visible shimmer particles in the powder however, and I do concede that this new formula is much better than the older version in being more transluscent and silkier. Luminoisity is good, the powder is very light and non-drying, dry patches (undereye, cheeks) remain smooth and finely textured.

Oil control is so-so, but this is good news come winter, although Mikimoto loose powder will probably be best for those crack-your-skin dry windy days. Right now I'm perfectly satisfied with the texture P&J yields (coupled with the compact foundation aformentioned), but chances of repurchasing or not will depend on whether I keep on using their foundation. continued >>