October 21, 2014 | 1840 users online

Conditioner - Palmer's - Olive Oil Formula Replenishing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by bluestar100

I found this in my local chemist for a mere 3.99 and larger container than you usually get for your money.
have used palmers body washers which are by far the best out of all that I have tried (high end and low end purchases) and I have very sensitive skin. I was hoping that as Palmers were so good at body washes then the condioner would be the same. I was right! Its great! I have coloured fine, dry and a bit frizzy hair. This conditions it perfectly, helps the frizz and smells lovely, my hair is actually shining. I also have the coco nut shampoo (great for coloured hair as the no sulphate formular doesnt strip it) and conditioner which are great but I find the smell of coco nut a little over powering so wont the using that as often. I want to try the shampoo version of this as it also has no sulphates like their coco nut shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This conditioner was really heavenly to use this winter. I had major dry/frizzy hair problems and needed to try different products to try to tame it and keep moisture in. Even though my hair is relatively straight and this seemed best for more curly hair, I still wanted to give it a try. I used this in addition to the Palmer's condition shampoo with coconut and it really made a difference in my hair. After washing my hair I added this to the ends of my hair and very lightly up top, and let the conditioner sit there while I did the rest of my shower routine for maybe 5 minutes or so. And when I would rinse it out my hair felt so supple and soft. My hair was fairly easy to comb through after the shower as well. I usually let my hair air dry since I hate adding heat to it unless necessary, and it stayed fairly soft and easy to maintain. This conditioner has a light scent to it, but not so overbearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this shampoo and conditioner for about a year now.
I'll give you a brief history on what I did to my hair. You can skip this if you want, but if you have the same symptoms that I describe then you may want to keep reading. I am of Middle Eastern descent and so I have wavy black hair that can sometimes get frizzy. I had bleached a good portion of my hair and so my ends were dry and frizzled even though I used treatments. I had then dyed my hair black twice to get my original hair colour. My hair did not like this at all. My ends were super dry even with product and my hair was breaking. A lot of it fell out.
My friend recommended the nourishing properties of olive oil.
I purchased the Palmers brand at first (thank God because I tried the Organix olive oil conditioner later on and I found it lacking).
I didn't notice much of a change initially. I got a hair cut and using this shampoo and conditioner over time made my hair look so much better than it did before I bleached it. It was light, shiny, and a little more voluminous.
I don't have thin hair but this conditioner didn't weigh it down nor make it poofy. I deep conditioned my hair about 1x every 1-2 weeks, but my hair would have been fine if I only used this conditioner.
I love this conditioner. I've been through 2 tubes. Unlike other conditioners, the softness remains even after I rinse my hair. I tried the Organix brand olive oil conditioner and it felt like paste. What's worse is that as soon as I rinsed it, my hair felt rough and tangled. I only apply it to the ends and leave it in for about 3 minutes while I scrub my body. I rinse it with cold water but only such that there is a slight remainder of the conditioner in my hair (not too much though) because it's easier to comb through when I get out.

At $10 a bottle, I wouldn't say it's the cheapest conditioner especially since I went through 2 bottles while only finishing 1 bottle of shampoo.
Also, a note for Canadian guys and gals is that I can only find this at Walmart and haven't seen it on sale or else I'd stock up. I've checked Shoppers, grocery stores, beauty supply outlet, Rexall and none of them carry this brand.
The packaging is green and although it's not the cutest, it doesn't really matter to me as long as I'm not wasting product.
One thing that people might consider a con is the smell. I personally don't mind it. It smells like a clean plant. However, when my sister smells my hair she can't stand it. My advice is to open the lid and take a whiff before you purchase it, in case it's something that really bothers you.
Overall, I'm super happy with this product and will continue repurchasing because it hasn't failed me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by tan0h0lic

PALMER'S OLIVE OIL SHAMPOO/CONDITONER, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE! I need to add the disclaimer that I just quit working at Sephora and had been there almost a year, and been accustomed to using Bumble and Carol's Daughter for cleansing /conditioning. I was on my rare trip to Wal-Mart (target was closed) and I spotted this stuff on the middle of a big main aisle. The green color drew me in, as well as the fact that I love palmer's coco butter. I got a HUGE bottle of the shampoo and conditioner for under 5 bucks a piece... Used it today... Love the scent... The conditioner was thick and I had to use less than I normally do...I love the conditioner more than the shampoo but they are both awesome. For reference, I don't have ethnic hair, I'm as pale and scandanavian as they come but somehow managed to get a moderately thick, wavy yet dry-coarse mane. I even decided to blow out and straighten my hair and I am super impressed. A drug-store gem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My husband has all one length, dry, curly hair. We live in the So CA desert, and he works outdoors. On average, he goes through at least eight ounces of conditioner a week. It's so expensive to buy salon products for him, so I alternate a few drugstore conditioners for him. He loves the olive oil formula. It's responsibly priced, and it really works on his hair. It has a very light scent, and he says it makes his curly super soft. I will continue to buy this product for him...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by sarah0717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I only know one shop that sells this and it's quite rare for me to find it in other drugstores. Having said this it's definitely worth the product to haunt for.

Natural oils such as; olive oil and coconut oil is prone to have good benefits for dry and lifeless hair and this is one of the reasons why I stop using other hair products because none of them compares to Palmer's. I love the texture it gives off after having a shower it feels more soft, radient and volumized (my hair is naturally flat, greasy and dull)
The packaging and esp. the price is worth the buy. Definitely won't stop using this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ah, Palmers conditioner, where hath thou been my life prior!?!? I bought this Saturday and have used it twice (I wash every other day) and both times have left my hair feeling like spun silk. I shampoo using Organix shampoo (I have several different scents, I alternate) and then use this for several minutes, put on a dab of my knock-off Moroccan Oil from Sally's, blow dry and my hair is actually smooth and soft.

I have thick, slightly course, very dry hair that frizzes. Usually, I wouldn't even consider leaving the house without flat ironing but this is so smooth I almost could. So yes, the claim on the bottle is true - it does fight off some curl/frizz. That's not to say that if you have tight ringlets, you can use this and have straight hair.

I will defiantly buy this again and again. I'd like to try the Coconut and Coca Butter versions due to smell only. I actually like the smell of this but can see why some might not. But I'd still like to try the others - although the Coconut version has low scores on here so maybe not.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by baileysmilk84

i love this conditioner!! really softens the hair. But its pretty expensive in my country

hate the shampoo though, its disgustingly drying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Although I am caucasian with fine hair and this product is in the African-American hair section in my grocery store, it works well for me as pre-shampoo treatment. Very reasonable price.

CONS: The scent isn't good, but it's not terrible either.

APPLICATION TIPS: I actually use it before the shampoo. I wet my fine but very dry hair, towel dry and then put it on. Let it sit for a few minutes. Comb through with wide-tooth comb and let it sit a few more minutes. Then rinse with cool water before shampooing.

ALTERNATES: Instead of this for a pre-shampoo treatment, I prefer Organic Root Stimulator's Olive Oil Conditioner or "Profectiv Mega Growth Deep Strengthening Growth Conditioner". For a bit lighter version of deep conditioning try L'Oreal's Nature's Therapy "Mega Moisture" or "Mega Strength." (The last two can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my favourite conditioner. It's so affordable and right up there with the best I think. I love the packaging, easy to get maximum use but the greatest thing about it is the formula. I have long brown hair. My hairdresser describes the texture of my hair as fine but I have lots of it. This product has a fantastic thick and creamy consistancy. When I rub it in my hair it just drinks it up and detangles everything. I'm used to cheap conditioners just feeling like soapy water in my hair. This product really feels like a conditioner. Leaves my hair just as I want it. Well nourished and shiny. Will definately be sticking to this product for a while.